Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F122D89E-74F7-4CB1-99E5-42B2095D51DF (resized).jpeg
55CD85E2-B522-4588-902C-1AE6220DB284 (resized).jpeg
Balaclava_3_hole_black (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
3587856000000578-0-image-a-7_1466548290768 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's a feature of the game. Just don't play it if it bothers you that much. All of the people expecting the world to cater to there every little desire is a large portion of what is wrong with this country.

What's wrong with the country is lack of empathy. He didn't ask to be catered to, he asked if there was a feature to avoid having his picture posted in public. Apparently the answer is no, maybe JJP could consider it, because it's a freaking game, for fun, not a passport security station, and if your customers are bothered by it maybe let them opt out. All you people going IT'S HOW THE GAME WORKS, no it's not, it's a gimmick. When it broke at Expo the selfie was replaced by a logo, and nothing of value was lost, nothing was changed in the game, big deal.

I don't want my selfie on the backglass either, I don't blame him at all, I find that feature annoying.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

He’s the one seeking to control everyone’s experience because of his own issue.

Except, if you read instead of furiously outrage typing, he's not. He was reasonable and calm, and followed up with more reasonable and calm responses. At no point did he say that he wanted to control anyone else's experience.

Sometimes it feels like the only emotions Pinside can handle is excited anticipation, and howling outrage. Just slam from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I don't have social anxiety issues. I use social media, hell I post under my real name. Pinside, Twitter, the DMV, it's all under the same name. But you know what? I don't post selfies, and I get uncomfortable seeing them. Just the idea of a bunch of fake polaroids of my face from an unflattering angle plastered all over the backglass, even in a room by myself, makes me a little uncomfortable. I don't like it. If I owned the game I'd turn that shit off. It wouldn't break the game, it matters exactly not at all.

In a public setting? Where both random strangers, and worse, people I know, might see that picture of me I hate show up? Kinda skeeves me out honestly. Definitely don't care for it.

Then you get Hilton wishing the game secretly took pics so he could see everyone who played his game, and that's full on creep mode gross.

Quoted from John_I:

With Google, Facebook, twitter, etc all crawling up our asses and expanding with intrusive, spying for advertising, I can't believe that people are actually wanting this camera to do MORE than it does now.

Yeah, all this "there are cameras everywhere already!" stuff doesn't really make sense to me. I know, it's bad enough, I'm not looking for another one. It's a cute gimmick, even if it feels like a bunch of old dudes trying to figure out what the kids like these days, but it doesn't appeal. I just want to play some pinball man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-off-camera-on-dialed-in-on-location?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.