(Topic ID: 216175)

Turning credit reel to correct position (Sonic Butterfly)

By TimO

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TimO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Shangri-La-Replay-Unit09 (resized).jpg
9793a83f-bd8a-4405-89ac-39949e2d3ad9 (1) (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Newbie working on his first EM project here. Early stages and just getting acquainted with the insides. I'm cleaning and inspecting everything in the backbox partly just because it needs it, but also because the score motor won't stop running. I'm on to the credit reel now and I've managed to turn it enough to get the reset coil unfrozen, but in the process I've managed to dork up the rotation so that reset (what should be 0 credits - the blank spot after 1) is about a quarter turn too low (landing on 33). I'm having trouble setting it back to the right position just using the 2 coil plungers. Can somebody give me a step-by-step or link me to one? Thanks!

9793a83f-bd8a-4405-89ac-39949e2d3ad9 (1) (resized).jpg9793a83f-bd8a-4405-89ac-39949e2d3ad9 (1) (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

The credit wheel is press fit, you spun it out of alignment.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

The credit wheel is press fit, you spun it out of alignment.

I know I messed it up, but how do I fix it.

#4 5 years ago

Hi TimO
I am german speaking - I am not sure what is "a quarter turn too low" - a quarter of an revolution is 90 degrees faulty --- a quarter of one step is "slightly faulty" - what do You have ?

I look at Your picture in post-1 and say: The bolt on the left in the picture does open the switch TOO much.
See my JPG - stepping up the Replay Counter means turning clockwise - we manually can activate the Step-Up plunger. Stepping down the Replay Counter means turning counter-clockwise - we manually can activate the Step-Down plunger. When working on the Unit: We can un-hook the spring wound around the axis (marked green) - loosen it or tighten. If we have problems with the bolts and the switchblades: We can unscrew the switches - take away so the wheel and the bolts can be stepped to "where we want them" - then mounting the switches - then with proper tension in the spring: Hooking-in the spring again.
My JPG is "about five replays on the counter" - stepping down towards ZERO: "Red dot bolt" will open "red-2 switch". The Maximum on my counter is about 25 replays --- stepping up up up and the "blue dot bolt" will open "blue-1 switch".
The "written above" is about "Your unit is WAY out of adjustment" - when You have "just a little bit of adjustment is needed": Write. Greetings Rolf

0Shangri-La-Replay-Unit09 (resized).jpg0Shangri-La-Replay-Unit09 (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago

Thanks Rolf. It turns out one of the bolts rotated past the switches somehow. I was able to remove the bolt and rotate the bolt hole back below the switches and reinsert the bolt. It zeroes out correctly now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-credit-reel-to-correct-position-sonic-butterfly?hl=timo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.