• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoopoebird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I won an online auction and am about to be the lucky owner of an unpopulated Bally Ticker Tape (1972) playfield. I'd love to turn it into awesome light-up wall art (I have very little in the way of woodworking skills, so a coffee table is probably out of the question).

I've read lots of posts from people who buy LED strings on Amazon and turn old playfields into cool art--but has anyone done this with a bingo playfield? Unlike a regular pinball playfield, there are no plastic inserts meant to have light bulbs behind them. Still, it would be cool to somehow get lights into the 25 numbered playfield holes.

Has anyone done this? What's your technique? Is there a plastic insert the right size, and I should just buy 25 of those and put bulbs behind them? Or is there some other way to do the lighting to make this look cool? I'm open to creative suggestions.

(The playfield image below is from IPDB, not mine. I pick mine up this weekend.)

Thanks!

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoopoebird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-bingo-playfield-into-wall-art?tu=hoopoebird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.