pasted_image (resized).png
Chaw-chee-chaw.gif
20231024_172209 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #387 video announcement from turner about game deposits Posted by ReadyPO (5 months ago)

Post #392 Game reveal & pricing announcement Posted by nogoodnames222 (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 1 year ago

Chris, do you know David Fix? I happen to know someone who does. I can send you his phone number...

7 months later
#213 1 year ago

Hopefully the galvanized steel ramps are just for testing. Galvanized sheet metal is a bad idea in Pinball...the galvanizing will flake off and be carried by the ball and ground in all over the playfield. Then the base steel will rust.

6 months later
#426 5 months ago

I wonder if he sells more than Mafia did? Thats about where I rate this.

#475 5 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I did a cost evaluation before on the game months back, so for anyone still cheering, I'd be surprised if will happen. They extended their work time until next Spring. People don't work for free and some on the books for over a year by then. Looks like all the artwork/comic book etc is a decent artist and god at bare minimum in TX 40k salary, and that's ultra low. At a 5k pricepoint, that puts him at 500k revenue. If his BOM per game is say $1500 (should be cheaper than that), working with 350k to pay the bills of his employees, tradeshow expenses, the 50k he spent to buy deeproot assets, and so on. This whole time he went into this very naively thinking that is a Stern premium, and naively thinking $10k x 100 = I'll make a million. Question becomes from that, nicest guy in the world or not, if you planned this whole business around a 1 million revenue: does he actually love pinball enough to cut his personal salary from 600k+ down to 150k or less? I'm not sure this guy is a pinball fanatic. Even if he gets to production, expenses will be sucking more money/salaries. 50k burned day one to purchase deeproots random stuff seems like a lack of discipline. 50k is no chump change to throw away so easily. I still think buying a Stern Pro 7k is hard competition even if he hits 5k price. Time will tell.

All he needs is a couple of old people to kick off so their policies pay out, and his debts are paid. Maybe they already did?

#527 5 months ago

Polycarb instead of glass is a horrible idea. Polycarb will be hazed, scratched and scuffed to the pont of not being able to see the game in a week on location.

#597 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah 'privacy' and so out of the loop, he somehow motivated himself to pull together huge swaths of money to buy the policies... for things he knew nothing about. Sounds totally plausible... just a small business owner doing a programming job.. and randomly deciding to finance a life insurance investment scheme. Totally checks out.

You should know by now, DS_Nadine almost always takes the most cringe side of any argument...then puts you on ignore so you can't downvote them any more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turner-pinball?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.