pasted_image (resized).png
Chaw-chee-chaw.gif
20231024_172209 (resized).jpg
batman-ok.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 827 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 11 months ago

Where do I send my money ?

#152 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Where do I send my money ?

money-throwing.gifmoney-throwing.gif
#153 11 months ago

Thats how i picture some of these guys. They just buy every new pinball machine or possible machine. No way you can get 6 machines a year and play them, plus the other 59 in the collection.

Cool flex though!

#154 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats how i picture some of these guys. They just buy every new pinball machine or possible machine.

Yeah I hear ya, hey all you folks buying every game on top of the 59 you already have, how about, with all your money, and good fortune, giving something back, and using it to help others charitably? People are starving, people are dying or like me some people only have a dozen or so games! How about Like buying me a game or two, would be a good place to start your pholantrhopy!

#155 11 months ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Yeah I hear ya, hey all you folks buying every game on top of the 59 you already have, how about, with all your money, and good fortune, giving something back, and using it to help others charitably? People are starving, people are dying or like me some people only have a dozen or so games! How about Like buying me a game or two, would be a good place to start your pholantrhopy!

Flex on me and gift me a Stern Pro deadpool. Im not picky!

On a serious note, most of the $$$ i know are very generous to the charities they support. No hate, just some ribbing of the 1%!

#156 11 months ago

Turner posting additional updates to the new TP social media channels.

https://www.instagram.com/turnerpinball/

https://www.facebook.com/TurnerPinball/

Notably:

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 7.43.14 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-16 at 7.43.14 PM (resized).png
#157 11 months ago

What do I think the theme is?
I'm not on Facebook or Instagram, so I'll post my guesses here.

Stealing pension money from old ladies.
Legal threats to former employees.
Stiffing vendors.
Taking deposit money with no intention of ever delivering games.
Octo manufacturing!

#158 11 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What do I think the theme is?
I'm not on Facebook or Instagram, so I'll post my guesses here.

Stealing pension money from old ladies.
Legal threats to former employees.
Stiffing vendors.
Taking deposit money with no intention of ever delivering games.
Octo manufacturing!

Think posted in the wrong thread ...
You need Deeproot

#159 11 months ago

If there's real design progress being made, and you want some early feedback, why not show us the built-up CAD or Solidworks intto which that cut playfield fits, and then let us speculate on theme and how it translates into the game?

#160 11 months ago

If it's not RAZA, it seems awfully quick to have developed a new theme, layout, and all the artwork, and have it all copyrighted and trademarked already. Either means they started the process on day one after the bankruptcy filing and kept whatever assets they needed from being sold(which we know they did to a certain extent with some things), or they just licensed something already in existence and signed a deal for it. The latter would be nice and easy and could be done quickly.

#161 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Think posted in the wrong thread ...
You need Deeproot

Mr. Turner has a big hill to climb to prove that this is anything other than Deeproot 2.0. I mean, he worked closely with Deeproot, he bought out Deeproot's pinball assets ("assets" being a generous description), and he's the proud owner of the very life insurance policies that Robert Mueller used as bait to steal the retirement of tons of people's grandfolks.

Big hill. Massive, even.

200408105238-01-steepest-street-guiness (resized).png200408105238-01-steepest-street-guiness (resized).png
#162 11 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Mr. Turner has a big hill to climb to prove that this is anything other than Deeproot 2.0. I mean, he worked closely with Deeproot, he bought out Deeproot's pinball assets ("assets" being a generous description), and he's the proud owner of the very life insurance policies that Robert Mueller used as bait to steal the retirement of tons of people's grandfolks.

Big hill. Massive, even.

So tar and feather him before he starts ? .... great thinking!
if Stern bought the assets would you feel the same way ?

cant Judge till we see what he does with this , by your thinking a teller at the bank that just collapsed would be equally responsible for its demise.
how do we know what he was aware of Mueller's doings before that imploded !

#163 11 months ago

Fueled entirely on speculation and connecting reckless dots

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#164 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So tar and feather him before he starts ? .... great thinking!
if Stern bought the assets would you feel the same way ?
cant Judge till we see what he does with this , by your thinking a teller at the bank that just collapsed would be equally responsible for its demise.
how do we know what he was aware of Mueller's doings before that imploded !

Not saying he should be tarred and feathered, just that he has a whole lot to prove given the history of what he's trying to rebuild here, and his close involvement with the Deeproot disaster. In your analogy, Turner wouldn't be a lowly teller -- he'd be more like the CIO who had direct access to the bank's financial data. And also, the bank was spending its customers' deposits on condos in Hawaii and shit.

And yes, if Stern bought Deeproot's assets it would make me seriously question their business acumen.

#165 11 months ago

And yes, if Stern bought Deeproot's assets it would make me seriously question their business acumen.

Seriously?
Buying bankrupt companies' for pennies on the dollar is smart business and it happens every day around the globe.

I know this is our beloved hobby and Robert tarnished it, but welcome to the real world.

#166 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Seriously?
Buying bankrupt companies' for pennies on the dollar is smart business and it happens every day around the globe.
I know this is our beloved hobby and Robert tarnished it, but welcome to the real world.

I'd say it's smart business IF it's something worth buying.

#167 11 months ago

Are we guessing what the theme will be? I'll guess pool because fuck it who cares. I saw he has the upposts in the outlanes and it made me think of Sharkey's Shootout (and a kick back? why both...who knows)

It's a piece of wood with standard off the shelf parts. It can be literally anything

#168 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Seriously?

I love that Terry at Pinball Life sold deeproot a bunch of stuff, then he bought a lot of it back (in original packaging) for pennies on the dollar.

#169 11 months ago

I'd say it's smart business IF it's something worth buying.

Chris Turner saw value in it and he has put his money at risk here.

I'm not saying he's going to be successful, in fact, I think the odds are against him, but that's his choice.

#170 11 months ago

just that he has a whole lot to prove given the history of what he's trying to rebuild

looks like he is starting new not rebuilding.

anyone starting a pinball manufacturing should think twice but buying assets even from Deeproot makes good business sense !

Give the man a chance ....

#171 11 months ago

If he had no prior involvement with Derproot, I would only wish him the best and hope for his success.
With his prior involvement, I'm skeptical. If it turns out that his pinball venture is really untainted by Deeproot, then I'll be a believer and wish him nothing but great success.
I'm not sure what I need to see to be fully convinced. Maybe a game that's completely different from RAZA, an identified designer that's not Jpop, no pinbar, no goofy cabinet. Maybe.
Not sure about anyone else, but the teaser reveal is doing nothing for me. Just show the game already.

#172 11 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

With his prior involvement, I'm skeptical. If it turns out that his pinball venture is really untainted by Deeproot

So if you work for someone who does something illegal, that makes you a thief or a crook ?
Guess all the designers hired to produce Whitewood and games should be painted with the same brush as Mueller

#173 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I love that Terry at Pinball Life sold deeproot a bunch of stuff, then he bought a lot of it back (in original packaging) for pennies on the dollar.

I now have a lifetime supply of orange standups and coils. Stupid connectors too…

#174 11 months ago

Lots of good background and context with bankruptcy and liquidation of assets. Good advice for the real world.

But sweet Lord, this is a pinball forum. We’re not stupid (edit: yes we are). We’ve all had front row seats to the Deeproot shitshow. Anything remotely associated with that godawful mess is an instant pass, regardless of all the business sense in the world.

#175 11 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lots of good background and context with bankruptcy and liquidation of assets. Good advice for the real world.
But sweet Lord, this is a pinball forum. We’re not stupid (edit: yes we are). We’ve all had front row seats to the Deeproot shitshow. Anything remotely associated with that godawful mess is an instant pass, regardless of all the business sense in the world.

Well,… no.

Out of Zidware we got Zombie Yeti and… the other guy whose name I forgot, that did art on Houdini Zidware Edition and then TNA.

So now we have a lieable programmer for banking stuff (?) that somehow got involved into programming pinball machines an „licked blood“. - While opening your own pinball company is not the first thing that comes to mind after the Deeproot shitshow, it‘s at least a good idea for him for tax reasons. ^_^;

So, just wait and see…

#176 11 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So now we have a lieable programmer for banking stuff (?) that somehow got involved into programming pinball machines an „licked blood“. - While opening your own pinball company is not the first thing that comes to mind after the Deeproot shitshow, it‘s at least a good idea for him for tax reasons. ^_^;

Sounds good!

#177 11 months ago

Debut game reveal.

#178 11 months ago

This is shaping up to be somewhere between punny factory and Food Truck.

#179 11 months ago

A battle of the titans for best ninja game no one will buy

https://www.pinballadventures.com/ninja-pinball-2/

#180 11 months ago

Part of me wants to say DOA, but then, Galactic Tank Force isn't exactly a slam dunk theme on paper, yet people are going nuts for it, so who knows!

#181 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Part of me wants to say DOA, but then, Galactic Tank Force isn't exactly a slam dunk theme on paper, yet people are going nuts for it, so who knows!

Galactic Tank Force has ice-cream

#182 11 months ago

Is it too late to retheme it to Ninja Eclair?

#183 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

GTF is Nordman's passion project, and American has actually made and built four machines that everyone agrees are well built.

#184 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is shaping up to be somewhere between punny factory and Food Truck.

Hopefully closer to food truck.

#185 11 months ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

If there's real design progress being made, and you want some early feedback, why not show us the built-up CAD or Solidworks intto which that cut playfield fits, and then let us speculate on theme and how it translates into the game?

...And now that I know what the theme is, the question becomes a lot more relevant.

#186 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A battle of the titans for best ninja game no one will buy
https://www.pinballadventures.com/ninja-pinball-2/

Ahhhhh, on one level you've got to larf.

#187 11 months ago

Is it too late to retheme it to Ninja Eclair?

Not Fortune Cookie Ninja, that's ours.

#188 11 months ago

So this is the ace up Turner's sleeve and the true connection between this game and Deeproot: Quinn Johnson.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/quinn-johnson-mrwonderful

#189 11 months ago

Deja vu to my bushido…

97729983-E43C-48D6-8C5B-3D981E96200B (resized).jpeg97729983-E43C-48D6-8C5B-3D981E96200B (resized).jpegA5DF1038-A4E7-41AA-99F0-BE3C8AB3BE4D (resized).jpegA5DF1038-A4E7-41AA-99F0-BE3C8AB3BE4D (resized).jpeg
#190 11 months ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

So this is the ace up Turner's sleeve and the true connection between this game and Deeproot: Quinn Johnson.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/quinn-johnson-mrwonderful

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#191 11 months ago

Dang, this homebrew pin personis doing some interesting stuff, for just some guy working in his basement! Oh, wait...

https://www.instagram.com/turnerpinball/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

#192 11 months ago

What, no fire icon next to this thread after the big reveal? It's like Turner wrote words that he thought were cool on a bunch of sticky notes, stuck them on a wall, and threw darts at them while blindfolded.

SAMURAI HURRICANE

"Um, no. What does that even mean?"

WARLORD MOONBEAM

"No. Sounds like something out of a My Little Pony fanfic."

RENEGADE DANGER MONKEY

"Let's leave my wifi password out of this."

NINJA ECLIPSE

"Perfect! Also, I'm out of darts!"

#193 11 months ago

RENEGADE DANGER MONKEY
"Let's leave my wifi password out of this."

#194 11 months ago

Not exactly a warning shot to the industry... But at least they didn't call it, RAZA.

WATCH OUT, STERN !

#195 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm interrested in GTF because it's kinda fresh and "new" to explore. (Only turnoff so far is that the playfield art is drowning in RGB lighting.)

Same with Ninjas.

But... I still don't get why to do a theme reveal at this stage. It seems like Turner Pinball really means business, while at the same time the game is a white wood without ramps.

But, since I don't preorder shit I'm looking forward tho whatever is coming.

#196 11 months ago

That's Tom Clancey's Renegade Danger Monkey you're thinking of.

#197 11 months ago

Cool, a whitewood with some manual switches to test the software and a video: where can I put my deposit in?
Will it have a screw that looks like a camera or a camera that looks like a torx? So excited....

#198 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Those who live in brick houses... don't forget you were all-in on this one.

yancy_cz (resized).jpgyancy_cz (resized).jpg
#199 11 months ago

Turner said however many months ago he would start working on a company and game and that he wanted to invite people interested in following along the journey to do so.

He offered to share his progress, solicit feedback, etc. He's local to the area where the show is happening and now has the beginnings of something for people to flip. So it's not crazy he's getting a booth now that he's been working on a team and game. Even if neither are too far along. Plus it will be the first opportunity to meet the community at large after introducing himself to the world.

I am sure he will not be soliciting preorder money at TPF. He'll have a booth and welcome the chance to talk to people. If I were at TPF, I'd drop by to say hi and chat. He's an interesting and pleasant guy who carries himself as differently from Robert as one can get.

No one is saying anyone has to like or buy his game. I just see no reason to act like dicks to him.

#200 11 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

No one is saying anyone has to like or buy his game. I just see no reason to act like dicks to him.

Agreed-- at this point he deserves the chance to prove (on merit) what he can do with what he has. And he does seem to have a lot of horsepower to work with.

But also, he basically chose to open a restaurant in Chernobyl here. The skepticism-by-association thing is/was inevitable. I think he'd do well to address that more than he currently is.

There are 827 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turner-pinball/page/4?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.