pasted_image (resized).png
gify.gif
Chaw-chee-chaw.gif
20231024_172209 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 1 year ago

Cryptic puzzle making is easy…

#102 1 year ago

We need innovating and agile, good intentions and sincerity.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We need innovating and agile, good intentions and sincerity.

X Octo...

#104 1 year ago

I would love to see an actual octopuss put together a pinball machine.

2 weeks later
#105 1 year ago

No new progress Chris????

#106 1 year ago

I was hoping at least for crossword puzzle by now.

Is the dream dead ??

#107 1 year ago

https://turnerlogic.com/contact/

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.16.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.16.03 PM (resized).png

#108 1 year ago

Maybe he's sincerely waiting for a few named insureds to bite the big one to provide startup funding for his pinball venture.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Maybe he's sincerely waiting for a few named insureds to bite the big one to provide startup funding for his pinball venture.

You misspelled "waiting" Its spelled "hoping". Sick...

1 week later
#111 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Or maybe TurnerPinball ?

Interesting!

I mean, I can always reach out to the guy. But I imagine he reads this stuff and is just waiting until he has ready whatever he next wants to share.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Interesting!
I mean, I can always reach out to the guy. But I imagine he reads this stuff and is just waiting until he has ready whatever he next wants to share.

It's hard work making dumb ass puzzles instead of a press release. Really slowing down his progress.

5 months later
#113 1 year ago

New Turner Pinball video. Will be showing something at TPF

#114 1 year ago

Dear Chris Turner,
I have 4 questions for you.
Do you at this time have any business deals, agreements, etc with Robert Mueller?

2, beyond your prior experience working with deeproot, what pinball manufacturing experience do you have?

3, do you plan on taking any pre order money for any game titles?

4, givin the history of both zidware,(jpop)
And deeproot,(Robert mueller)
Why should anyone in the pinball community trust a word you say?

Pretty simple questions an honest and honorable business person should be able to answer with ease.

Since I will not be attending tpf, can someone who is ask these questions and maybe even film mr. Turners answers to them?

#115 1 year ago

He be flexing with 3 RAZA in the background. Is GWJ part of the team. If not, I would be very dissapointed.

#116 1 year ago

"I spent the last 6 months making a plan and putting together a team. I acquired Deeproots stuff."

There is no reason to burn cash, assemble teams of people, and get a shop together without even having an IP or prototype. It's like watching people go on Shark Tank and want 1 million dollars to develop a new soap. Just go out there and get your hands dirty. He said in the video he acquired some stuff from deeproot. Why would you ever give money, or even talk to the Deeproot guys. They are bad people. Associating with them, knowing just how bad they were is more than a red flag. Guess well see what comes in a couple weeks. If I had to guess there is definitely a back deal with Deeproot associated people hidden behind the curtain that will remain hidden. Why else would you work with them? If you like pinball and want to own a company, go build it. Don't make a deal with the devil on day one.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

"I spent the last 6 months making a plan and putting together a team. I acquired Deeproots stuff."
There is no reason to burn cash, assemble teams of people, and get a shop together without even having an IP or prototype. It's like watching people go on Shark Tank and want 1 million dollars to develop a new soap. Just go out there and get your hands dirty. He said in the video he acquired some stuff from deeproot. Why would you ever give money, or even talk to the Deeproot guys. They are bad people. Associating with them, knowing just how bad they were is more than a red flag. Guess well see what comes in a couple weeks. If I had to guess there is definitely a back deal with Deeproot associated people hidden behind the curtain that will remain hidden. Why else would you work with them? If you like pinball and want to own a company, go build it. Don't make a deal with the devil on day one.

He didn't acquire any of the stuff from deeproot people (aka Robert). He acquired it through the bankruptcy liquidations and court proceedings.

#118 1 year ago

Ah right. I wonder what the cost was. I assume that the price isn't listed since its a private company's info on how they spend internal money, unless its public for bankruptcy liquidation?

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Ah right. I wonder what the cost was. I assume that the price isn't listed since its a private company's info on how they spend internal money, unless its public for bankruptcy liquidation?

Info documented in the deeproot thread.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Info documented in the deeproot thread.

Off-topic, BBJ, but I guess TPF is a bit too out of the way for you to attend. I'd like to meet the chronicler of deeproot's downfall in person some day!

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Off-topic, BBJ, but I guess TPF is a bit too out of the way for you to attend. I'd like to meet the chronicler of deeproot's downfall in person some day!

Indeed! I'll actually be in Brazil at the time. Would be nice to meet up with you and the other forum folks someday!

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think so. A bird didn't drop down and Groucho announcing it's the word.
LTG : )

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#123 1 year ago

This guy...

Hopefully he just sells off what work was done on Nordman's Yukon Yeti and Ourseler's Who to American Pinball and calls it a day.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

He be flexing with 3 RAZA in the background. Is GWJ part of the team. If not, I would be very dissapointed.

Not part of the team, & glad I did not get on the Deeproot Pinball disaster. I will not be going to Texas until March 2024. Chris knows how to reach me if he wants. I get through my personal 2 year bankruptcy the end of October. At the end of the year I will likely get back into doing playfield production in association with a group with the finances.

IMG_0406 (resized).JPGIMG_0406 (resized).JPG
#125 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Not part of the team, & glad I did not get on the Deeproot Pinball disaster. I will not be going to Texas until March 2024. Chris knows how to reach me if he wants. I get through my personal 2 year bankruptcy the end of October. At the end of the year I will likely get back into doing playfield production in association with a group with the finances. [quoted image]

121ad91e-d813-4979-adcd-cdab741af0c6_600x496 (resized).jpg121ad91e-d813-4979-adcd-cdab741af0c6_600x496 (resized).jpg
#126 1 year ago

Ok so for $50k they got everything that exists. Someone at TXPF please interview and see what you can get to the bottom of determining if this company deserves any attention. That video update minus deeproot, still has red flags. It sounded (to me) like this guy is just blowing money and going to wing it.

FWIW here is his background.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/cturner80/details/experience/

#127 1 year ago

Not part of the team, & glad I did not get on the Deeproot Pinball disaster. I will not be going to Texas until March 2024. Chris knows how to reach me if he wants. I get through my personal 2 year bankruptcy the end of October. At the end of the year I will likely get back into doing playfield production in association with a group with the finances. [quoted image]

Any word on Trailer Park Boys coming to light? Had a chance to talk to the crew themselves, and not that pesky licensor person?

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any word on Trailer Park Boys coming to light? Had a chance to talk to the crew themselves, and not that pesky licensor person?

please don't encourage him

#129 1 year ago

That roll of duct tape on the playfield is so symbolic. You should make that your logo.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Ok so for $50k they got everything that exists. Someone at TXPF please interview and see what you can get to the bottom of determining if this company deserves any attention. That video update minus deeproot, still has red flags. It sounded (to me) like this guy is just blowing money and going to wing it.
FWIW here is his background.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/cturner80/details/experience/

If you want to get in touch, he just set up various turner pinball social media accounts linked at https://turnerpinball.com/. Email or https://turnerlogic.com/contact/ works too. He's a very pleasant guy.

#131 1 year ago

I'm rooting for turner pinball, happy to give the bloke a chance and see what he brings to TPF... good luck from Australia....

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Dear Chris Turner,
I have 4 questions for you.
Do you at this time have any business deals, agreements, etc with Robert Mueller?
2, beyond your prior experience working with deeproot, what pinball manufacturing experience do you have?
3, do you plan on taking any pre order money for any game titles?
4, givin the history of both zidware,(jpop)
And deeproot,(Robert mueller)
Why should anyone in the pinball community trust a word you say?
Pretty simple questions an honest and honorable business person should be able to answer with ease.
Since I will not be attending tpf, can someone who is ask these questions and maybe even film mr. Turners answers to them?

He answered all this in his ‚coming out‘ 6 months ago. - H8 on!

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from richierich85:

I'm rooting for turner pinball, happy to give the bloke a chance and see what he brings to TPF... good luck from Australia....

Agreed. We should all be rooting for new startup manufacturers. Choices and competition is a great thing for the hobby. With that said, it is also understandable to be cautious and skeptical. We have seen too many train wrecks. But until he asks for money, no one has anything to lose.

I do feel that he comes across more genuine than some of the previous.

#134 1 year ago

Imagine going into the solar panel manufacturing business by buying out Solyndra's assets in 2023. The name, the product, it's track record... all of it is cursed. Wouldn't touch it a 23 foot pole. Thats kind of what I see going on here.

#135 1 year ago

I just hope Chris has a lot of money to burn through.
You could not release a new pinball machine in a more competitive environment than right now

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Imagine going into the solar panel manufacturing business by buying out Solyndra's assets in 2023. The name, the product, it's track record... all of it is cursed. Wouldn't touch it a 23 foot pole. Thats kind of what I see going on here.

I hear you. But in reality, how much of the pinball buying world would really know the history of deep root and his acquisition of those assets. Most of pinside, yes, but are pinside members really the majority of pinball buyers? I would speculate not.

Deeproot’s biggest failures were in leadership (can’t believe I used that word) and trying to innovate things that didn’t need innovating. If he can take the valuable assets, stick to the basics and establish good leadership, there is a chance. Dumb and dumber quote comes to mind.

Mark my words, it something attractive does materialize, we will have people tripping over themselves to buy it. We see it all the time. “I am out”. “Not at these prices”. “Not if Jpop is involved”.
Moments later, “I’ll take 2 please!”
It may not be you and probably won’t be me. But it would happen

With that said the likelihood of something great? Slim. But as long as I see good intent, I will root him on. Once I see signs of bad intent, burn it to the ground.

#137 1 year ago

To me this Chris Turner guy is the opposite of Robert Müller.

He posted a video that he purchased the assets and will see (with the help of other people) what he can made out of them, with the strong possibility that there never will be anything at all. - That's bluntly honest for a change! XD

So now he/ they are working on a prototype, wich he will bring "whatever state it will be in". Of course there is the opportunity that he wants to blow everyones mind but the message is to better not expect too much.

But yeah, he IS flexing with that 3 Raza in the background. XD

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I just hope Chris has a lot of money to burn through.
You could not release a new pinball machine in a more competitive environment than right now

Sure you can they're charging 10 grand Plus for street level games. There's a ton of profit wiggle room now.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sure you can they're charging 10 grand Plus for street level games. There's a ton of profit wiggle room now.

yup ... if you can sell your machine against the competition

#140 1 year ago

"There's a ton of profit wiggle room now."

Well he bought the deeproot platform with the touch lock down bar. That doesn't look too cheap. The cost to purchase the tech was 50k out of the gate. He sounds like he has been full time for 6 months and hired a handful of people. I wouldn't expect him to be able to ship 1000 games right out of the gate. Say 200. In the hole maybe 100k now / 200. $500 per game right there and just getting started. Buying a platform for dirt cheap because it was built on stolen money isn't all that appealing. Only way to get around that is to actually do something right by the original buyers either giving them a good discount on a new game or something. 1 Week out, guess just wait and see.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Only way to get around that is to actually do something right by the original buyers either giving them a good discount on a new game or something. 1 Week out, guess just wait and see.

Another Good Will Contract? - Might as well include Jpop with promised delivery dates and the "red flag" circle will be complete.

Turner Pinball doesn't owe any of those people and to make such an offer would only inspire heighten conspiracy beliefs.

#142 1 year ago

"Turner Pinball doesn't owe any of those people"

I hear you on a technicality, but taking the short path to get into business by purchasing assets built with other peoples stolen money is still not exactly a good look. How you get around it, sure you could do nothing. If he ever releases a product then I guess we can debate it later.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

hear you on a technicality, but taking the short path to get into business by purchasing assets built with other peoples stolen money is still not exactly a good look

How much did you lose to zidware and Deep Root?

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

"Turner Pinball doesn't owe any of those people"
I hear you on a technicality, but taking the short path to get into business by purchasing assets built with other peoples stolen money is still not exactly a good look. How you get around it, sure you could do nothing. If he ever releases a product then I guess we can debate it later.

I think you missed my point or are unaware.
Deeproot offered a "Good Will" contract to the people that lost money to Jpop. When Deeproot tubed out, those that signed up for it were victimized a second time.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me three times, um, well, ...oh you know the thing.

#145 1 year ago

Fool me... can't get fooled again

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Well he bought the deeproot platform with the touch lock down bar. That doesn't look too cheap.

Expensive doesn't = good idea. that touchscreen lockbar is a joke. The main part people bang on and lean on is the lockbar.
Let's put a sensitive touch screen on it! No thanks
Also servicing the game with that thing in the way is problematically dumb IMO.
That thing was not a good idea at all and probably won't be used anyway...

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Expensive doesn't = good idea. that touchscreen lockbar is a joke. The main part people bang on and lean on is the lockbar.
Let's put a sensitive touch screen on it! No thanks
Also servicing the game with that thing in the way is problematically dumb IMO.
That thing was not a good idea at all and probably won't be used anyway...

Very true.
But it's mostly the pro versions of pins that go on location.

Deeproot don't aim to sell at operators, they aim (or aimed) at the home public and upscale collector that switches on their game to look at how beautiful it is and only play a dozen games a year whilst wearing gloves.
If you cater to that audience then the pinbar isn't such a disastrous idea.

#148 1 year ago

is this the DeepRoot thread ?

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

is this the DeepRoot thread ?

No, it's been hijacked! Ok back to Turner Pinbar! I mean ball...

#150 1 year ago

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turner-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.