pasted_image (resized).png
Chaw-chee-chaw.gif
20231024_172209 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #387 video announcement from turner about game deposits Posted by ReadyPO (6 months ago)

Post #392 Game reveal & pricing announcement Posted by nogoodnames222 (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 1 year ago

Just saw the post on Knapp Arcade about the deeproot pinball site puzzle and countdown. The timer has hit zero and when you click on it, it goes to Turnerpinball.com. 17 minute video there about the puzzle being solved and what is potentially next. Thoughts?

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/deeproot-pinball-website-reveals-big-surprise
https://turnerpinball.com

#2 1 year ago

He seems sincere, at least to me. Not sure he should associate with Deeproot at all, even if just a domain, but that's his decision.

I hoe they can do good things. Time will tell.

Chris

#3 1 year ago

I watched the video and I wish him all the best of luck.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

He seems sincere, at least to me.

He's sincere?

Oh shit! Where do I send my money?

Sincerity always equals success in pinball!

#5 1 year ago

Maybe worth mentioning that he states in the video that he got interested in pinball because of deeproot but in no way associates what he's trying to accomplish with that company, and he's not asking for money unless and until he actually has a product ready to go.
I agree that sincerity doesn't get you anywhere closer to having a fully produced machine that is ready for the masses, but at least he seems to be approaching it with a traditional business sense, where they don't ask for money up front to "attempt" to fulfill the dream. Props for that.

#6 1 year ago

Turner = Zombie DerpPoop. Kill it.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

they don't ask for money up front to "attempt" to fulfill the dream.

Give it time.

#8 1 year ago

Deep root didn’t ask for money either. For years. Until they did.

It all seems so strangely familiar.

#9 1 year ago

Watched the video. Chris seems sincere but I don't have a real sense of where this will go at all. I am sure that you can salvage somethings from Deeproot and apply lessons learned but I believe that even having a tertiary linkage to Deeproot could be troubling.

As we have seen time and time again and in the whale thread, pinball is hard.

#10 1 year ago

Is "sincere" the fucking word of the week around here?

Sincerity don't feed the monkey, dammit!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is "sincere" the fucking word of the week around here?

I don't think so. A bird didn't drop down and Groucho announcing it's the word.

LTG : )

#12 1 year ago

I like sincerity

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think so. A bird didn't drop down and Groucho announcing it's the word.
LTG : )

I get this reference.

#15 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16 1 year ago

I sincerely think this is just another bullshit endeavor that will not end with anything productive or tangible.

#17 1 year ago

What I want to know is why do all these people announce their company with absolutely nothing to show. What happened to the days of companies coming out of stealth mode with product in hand ready to sell.

I am not paying any attention to any other company that tells me what they “are going to do” … maybe …. Eventually.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Maybe worth mentioning that he states in the video that he got interested in pinball because of deeproot...

I feel like it is not worth mentioning it and I would keep that a secret as much as possible.

#19 1 year ago

You know who produces games? People who say nothing and show up with a game.

Spooky. American. Pinball Brothers.

So, not holding out much hope.

#20 1 year ago

Wake me up when there is a flipping game at a show.

#21 1 year ago

Was aligned with deeproot but will be making good pinball business decisions going forward.
Gotcha.

#22 1 year ago

"I want to start a pinball company" okay cool. Hopefully something really cool comes of this.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's sincere?
Oh shit! Where do I send my money?
Sincerity always equals success in pinball!

Wrong. Which is why I would never put money down before a game is available. As much as I liked John Popadiuk I thought it was a bad idea then, and still do. I get people have FOMO and want to be in From the beginning but that’s their choice. Not for me. So yes, he does seem sincere to me, but many have been down that road before.

I hope they do make something. I still think it was a bad idea to be associated with Deeproot at all though.

Time will tell.

#24 1 year ago

I think someone missed the sarcasm in that post lol

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I think someone missed the sarcasm in that post lol

Nope, totally legit and extra SINCERE

#26 1 year ago

Whale free pinball

#27 1 year ago

Seems sincere but does he like to drink beer?

#28 1 year ago

....too soon?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29 1 year ago

Chris, do you know David Fix? I happen to know someone who does. I can send you his phone number...

#30 1 year ago

I'd be all in if he just didn't have this framed office art hidden behind that lonely tree in the corner..

sincerityn (resized).pngsincerityn (resized).png

#31 1 year ago

Hey guys, I just bought a web domain name!! I’m ready to start my very own pinball company. I’m looking for 100% investment, and I guarantee that games will ship 2 weeks after announcement. Send me your initial $2,500 non-refundable deposits now because they will be $10,000 by Christmas. Don’t miss out on this lucrative opportunity.

#32 1 year ago

Just tell me food trucks on the way!

Do we know Chris's Pinside name?

#33 1 year ago

Is GWJ involved to show how it's done?

#34 1 year ago

What's so funny is how people bag out deeproot or now chris turner for his new trying efforts but when push comes to shove and say a RAZA actually gets released or a wow title I'm sure people will open there wallets not doubt. remember people have bought from start up companies before it's the risk you take for them to be somewhat successful like spooky pinball for example... And as bad as the deeproot fiasco was everyone comments on the page and now we are all Here years later watching Turner pinball 17min video on YouTube and commenting which means there's tonnes of interests you just don't know it.. we all want the next best pinball, it's pinball for God sake.. Good luck I'll be following...

#35 1 year ago

I don't really mind if someone tries to start producing pinball and fails, though I do feel sorry for them if they're 'sincere', even feel a little bit sorry if it was a plan that could never ever work and it's completely their own fault if they didn't see it. I don't feel very sorry for 'big whales' falling for a gamble, especially not if they could (/should) have known it could go nowhere but failure (deepRoot or GWJ).
Using money from people's pensions under false pretention was something completely different though. If Chris didn't know, and doesn't profit from knowledge while buying investments from deeproot, I wish him good luck with his new hobby/venture in pinball business (he'll need it ). That's with that 'if' though.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I sincerely think this is just another bullshit endeavor that will not end with anything productive or tangible.

Maybe so, but if nobody loses money but Turner then I don't care.

#37 1 year ago

Why are all these people insistent on taking millions of dollars trying to make a pinball machine and losing it all? Why don't they just go buy a pinball machine and invest the money somewhere else, or buy a Lamborghini or something?

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why are all these people insistent on taking/spending millions of dollars trying to make a pinball machine and losing it all? Why don't they just go buy a pinball machine and invest the money somewhere else, or buy a Lamborghini or something?

#39 1 year ago

This is the guy who purchased the life insurance policies held by Deeproot after the investment scam was exposed, correct?

It's gonna take a whole lot of deep scrubbing to get that Deeproot stench off.

#40 1 year ago

The best thing about this thread title is the "?" at the end.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The best thing about this thread title is the "?" at the end.

Should I remove it? When I posted the thread there was not a lot of info available.

#42 1 year ago

I am amazed at the giant whooshing sound that occurs every time those insurance policies are mentioned…

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Should I remove it? When I posted the thread there was not a lot of info available.

No. It is very fitting.

#44 1 year ago

No. It is very fitting. Don't remove it until they prove themselves.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

No. It is very fitting. Don't remove it until they prove themselves.

I like to repeat myself. Sorry

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I like to repeat myself. Sorry

You can say that again

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This is the guy who purchased the life insurance policies held by Deeproot after the investment scam was exposed, correct?

This X 10..... I don't care how "sincere" people think this guy is, it still stinks to high heaven. There is a lot more to this story than some guy just waking up and deciding to make a pinball game, especially given he had a front row seat to the Deeproot collapse. If he is just some random guy deciding on a new venture, then I wish him luck, but my bet says you haven't seen the last of the deeproot projects. Wasn't there something said about the programming that disappeared? Or maybe an unfinished game or two?

#48 1 year ago

No one cares. Go make a homebrew game and someone might give a shit then

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Maybe so, but if nobody loses money but Turner then I don't care.

That sounds familiar.

“Deep root hasn’t asked for any money. Who are the screwing?!”

These half-baked pinball scams are bad for pinball, period. And you can be sure SOMEBODY is losing money every time they fail, beyond just the main dude.

Every single one of them. Ask all of Suncoast’s unpaid vendors.

Come on Pinside. You are smarter than this. You know better. It’s time to stop handing out “benefit of the doubt” like candy around here, as a reward for a little bit of sincerity.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

You do realize it is VERY common to have life insurance policies on ALL critical personal and owner/management. I have them on all my important employees.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turner-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.