(Topic ID: 289351)

Stern Galaxy pop bumper goes dead issue???

By goldwing68nv

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gonzo73
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0306211419 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

hello guys, so I picked up a Galaxy pin.... and have an issue that I noticed basically within a couple days of having it and wanted to see if this makes any sense to you or if you've heard of anything like this before?  the right lower pop bumper stops working, meaning it won't thump,  as soon as the 2nd drop Target on the left Target Bank goes down? Then that pop bumper starts working again that Target Bank fully resets up?  weird? And the Gap in that pop bumper leaf switch gap is set perfectly fine....weird? Now I'm wondering if it's a software issue glitch? Has anybody ever run across something like this? .... any input would be appreciated, thanks : )

0306211419 (resized).jpg0306211419 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Check the diodes on the drop target and the pop bumper switches. Reads like you have a shorted diode to me.

#3 3 years ago

It’s nice when the problem is consistent and repeatable. Should be able to get this resolved quickly. I would also look at that drop target and make sure it’s not shorting to something else when it drops. MMGB is probably right thou on the diode.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from goldwing68nv:

Now I'm wondering if it's a software issue glitch?

It's not.

It's a switch matrix issue, as MMGB points out. Start a game, disconnect the coin door, see if it still does it. If it doesn't, your matrix issue is on the coin door. If it does, suspect any switch capacitors on any switches, they usually need to be replaced in this era game. (Don't forget there's usually one on the tilt mech)

7 months later
    #5 2 years ago

could the OP please post the FIX to this issue. I'm struggling with some weird behavior related to the 4-bank as well.

Thanks!!! -Dan

#6 2 years ago

Check the Galaxy club thread seatman.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turn-galaxy-pop-bumper-goes-dead-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.