6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Merkle 3 (resized).JPG
    Merkle 2 (resized).JPG
    Merkle 1 (resized).JPG
    I've just removed the fan blades from Turf King's fan hub.  I don't see how the hub is attached to the shaft.  The set screw tha
    I've almost got Turf King's fan disconnected from the hub on the stator shaft.  Just a little bit of solder holding the fan on a

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackcatbone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Can someone who knows Turf King tell me how the control unit fan attaches to the shaft? My game came with an obvious kludge on the fan - it had a big mass of solder at the center of what looks like might be an original TK fan. I removed the solder and found (as I expected) that the fan blades were soldered to the hub on the shaft. The thing is, I can't tell how the hub is held on to the shaft. The fan hub does not have the same set screw that the bingo games have. I thought maybe the hub had been soldered to the shaft, but I couldn't get it to budge with a reasonable amount of heat and force. I figured I holler for help before I take the motor apart. Anyone know how the fan should be attached to the shaft?

Thanks...

I've almost got Turf King's fan disconnected from the hub on the stator shaft.  Just a little bit of solder holding the fan on at this point. (resized).jpgI've almost got Turf King's fan disconnected from the hub on the stator shaft. Just a little bit of solder holding the fan on at this point. (resized).jpg

I've just removed the fan blades from Turf King's fan hub.  I don't see how the hub is attached to the shaft.  The set screw that bingos have is not present.  Is the hub soldered to the shaft? (resized).jpgI've just removed the fan blades from Turf King's fan hub. I don't see how the hub is attached to the shaft. The set screw that bingos have is not present. Is the hub soldered to the shaft? (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

I took a second look for a solder-covered set screw, but there isn't one. Terry, those photos were helpful. I recognized the milled ring with the smaller silver ring inside it on the front of your fan photo. I saw the same rings on my hub after the fan blades came off. I wound up using a small hacksaw to progressively remove sections of the hub. It finally freed up from the shaft when I had 2/3 of the hub sawed off. I don't think the fan was intended to ever come off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackcatbone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turf-king-fan?tu=blackcatbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.