6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I was looking at tumblers and blast cabinets yesterday at HB. The 5# tumbler looked too small for things like drop target assemblies. The 18# tumbler was bigger, yet it was around $150 before you buy media. The blast cabinet was only $115 before media and can fit pretty much anything you'd need for pinball. So, my question is... is there a reason you'd pick a tumbler over a blast cabinet and why?

#2 6 years ago

A tumbler is for polishing. A blast cab is for stripping.

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-lb-vibratory-bowl-with-liquid-drain-hose-96923.html

Be sure to use the 15%-20% off coupon.

#4 6 years ago

If you used the really soft media, wouldn't the blast cabinet be capable of the same thing? I understand the harder media would be way too abrasive and remove too much metal.

#5 6 years ago

A tumbler is like a whirlpool, while a blast cabinet is like a machine gun.

#6 6 years ago

That makes sense. Guess I'm going with the tumbler then.

#7 6 years ago

Buffer is cheap, quick, and easy.

4 weeks later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tumbler-or-blast-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.