(Topic ID: 247918)

Tumbler media?

By silver_spinner

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

Unfortunately media selection is almost entirely based on the type of results you want in the finish vs how easy it is to remove from parts.

Corn cob is great for polishing to a decent shine, walnut is great for removing dirt and even paint but leaves a dull finish. I almost always have to use a dental pic to clean out little parts but can’t say I’ve ever hurt myself with it to be an issue. I’ve also put tumbled parts in a small Tupperware after separating and shake it around in the container and it breaks lots of the media free from tight places.

Bayoubilly was right about the buffing wheel, but it’s tedious and sometimes dangerous for small parts.. I use the buffing wheel and a green polish bar for most parts.

You could try wet tumbling with stainless steel, I’ve done this for brass and other metal parts for gunsmithing but not tried for pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tumbler-media-1?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.