8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pintastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm looking for recommendations for a tumbler under $100.

For larger parts such as lane guides and others that won't fit in a tumbler, is it just a matter of metal polish, nevr-dull, etc. and some elbow grease?

#2 8 years ago

I havent found any tumblers under 100 bucks but these things last forever and I bet there are many just sitting around peoples homes. Might be worthwhile placing a want ad on cl for one. Older folks might be more likely to read the thrifty nickel. The question about cleaning larger parts...yes , exactly. Also, the fumes from some of these cleaning products can be strong. I usually take them to the garage or deck to clean up. Good luck wizzard

#4 8 years ago

I bought mine from Marco for around 80 I think..

#5 8 years ago

I got a kit with a bucket and basket to sift the media out at Sportsmans warehouse but I forgot the price. It was not a lot but I reload as well so my idea of value is different for dual use.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

these things last forever and I bet there are many just sitting around peoples homes. Might be worthwhile placing a want ad on cl for one

That is a really good idea. Many reloaders swap them. Check gun stores.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintastic:

fed up with the tiny size of it.

I figure this thread will degrade quickly from here, but I do have questions about this aspect. Firstly, I'm sorry for your suffering.

More importantly, how small is it? One of the concerns I have is that it wouldn't be big enough to handle the job. Sure, a small one will work for most any screw here or there, but I might have bigger pieces (brackets and such) I want to use it on to save from having to hand polish. I'm just not sure how small or large is practical for this application.

#8 8 years ago

My advice would be: the bigger the better. I own a Berrys tumbler (http://forumimg.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=25470&bbat=2995&inline) and really love it because it fits so much stuff.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I figure this thread will degrade quickly from here, but I do have questions about this aspect. Firstly, I'm sorry for your suffering. []

Nice! +1

When I first got into the hobby, I heard about people tumbling there parts, nuts and bolts. I looked around at a few hobby shops and found a small rock tumbler. It has a small cup and its great for screws, washers and such but you wont be putting any assemblies in there for sure. Good for nuts and bolts and screws and such but thats about it. But really and truly, it dies what I need so I haven't replaced it yet. But I did tell my wife that its on my Christmas wish list!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.99
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 209.99
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside