• 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playfield Diverter Tile.gif
bally-pinball-drop-target-assy-n25_1_994d20481b2f1a383f30fe3861bc4b62 (resized).jpg
inline_drop_assy (resized).jpg
screen-capture-9 (resized).png
TT-PF-2018v23 (resized).png
TT-129.png
TT-128.png
TT-127.png
sticky-feet (resized).jpg
IMG_3918.jpg
DSCN1775 (resized).jpg
IMG_2359 (resized).PNG
IMG_3851.JPG
IMG_3722 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_3718 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_3720 copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrockstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Ah yes!!
More custom pinball dude!
I am loving the shooter lane delivering straight to the flipper,bam!!
Let us know if you need something buddy

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Cool project. Wonder if I ever be able to attempt something like it

Like a Nike commercial,just do it!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

dug up a old original image and contemplated doing a throwback design to honor the Skateball rule set with some cabinet art.
original bally art

2 concepts but will most probably do something very different

and a small update as building up the playfield so I can work out the wave ramp - some SS ball guides and some plastics and 2 large holes

Dude the retro cabinets are supercool.
Man you are smart with a computer

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why not just use the wave from Waterworld and then put a spot to feed multiple habitrails ala Airborne?

Shh he knows what he is doing

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes, riding the wave ("shooting the curl"), though what you said and told me about (Waterworld) has given me an idea on rotating a wireform on the wave to alter the destination of where it goes ????

Man if you get that wave to work,it will be the coolest thing..but since you never know the velocity of the ball,it looks hard to figure that out..
That right there is so awesome about building a pinball,making stuff work.
I love it.

2 weeks later
#71 6 years ago

Can't seem to find the "impressed" smiley
Awesome

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

Love your sketch star grazer! Wish I could draw like that.
Another option to make the wave more dynamic, but still keep it simple is to make part of the wave rotate a small amount forward and backward. Possible that was in your drawing Swicks? If you hit the wave on the wrong moment you will be dumped out. So you have ti time your shot.

They are called:
-star gAzer
-swInks

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

have been playing with the wave and working out how to model a shape with one entry and 2 exits. As much as a mechanical toy that rotates would be cool I am still leaning to a static wave shot that has 2 possible exits and relies on playing skill.
I am going for a shot to the wave from the upper rhs flipper up the left ramp to the wave (still to be modeified and entry point cut out of the wave and if you connect a strong shot you ride the wave higher and collect the bonus, if the shot is weaker then you still get the fun of a wave but awarded standard points.
The wave still needs alot of tweaking but getting similar to Star Gazers concept but still keeping the orbit shot as a orbit and feed to the upper flippers with the aid of a switch activated diverter.

I need to make the wave wider on the lhs so not so egg shaped, and a more defined second ridge at the mid point. Later on will be the foam ball at the peak of the wave.

There is some true magic going on here,can you feel it?
Awesome

1 week later
#149 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just a small little update, something for testing the whitewood, but it might stay for the finished game.
some games need a centre post so I decided to make the centre post optional with a slight redesign. A recess in the playfield can be filled with a custom plug insert (post) or a custom rubber bump post - good for a drain monster if I have bad design luck or a add-on for when the kids want to play...
with

without

Smart move,you never know what you end up with..it might play great..it might be a draino

2 weeks later
#175 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

every game has one

Love it,man..that is supersmart

3 weeks later
#182 6 years ago

Really like the right part of the apron,a newbie can easily locate the shots,smart!
Are we getting faster updates now you have fibre?
That stuff is lightning fast!

1 week later
#201 6 years ago

I vote Tube Time

IMG_7472 (resized).JPGIMG_7472 (resized).JPG

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

the design is getting more and more refined to the point that the game hopefully has some variety in the shots.
now with:
- a inner orbit around the back of the 5 bank drops that will feed to the upper right flipper, except when the "Party Wave" shot is open and then this inner orbit will feed to the impact zone and possibly the upper left flipper.
- when the "Party Wave" shot is opened (guide section that will pivot) allowing the ball to feed into a vuk that will feed into a wireform lock up and over the wave ramp for the "Party Wave Multiball". To release the Party Wave Multiball you will have to shoot the high wave to wireform shot to release the second ball on to the wireform to the lower right flipper. This will be a steal feature in a multiplayer game play.
- added arrow inserts for hopefully when and if the game can get custom rules etc
- the 3 rectangular inserts will also be for one day when the game can get custom rules - Perfect Day Bonus, Reform Combo and with the exception - "Party Wave Multiball" for current way or custom ruled game.

Even a transparant ramp on your concept drawings,i always envy you guys being so good with a computer.
I had to learn a software(forgot the name) to make the playfield overlay for the minion machine.
I had to step back from my laptop a couple of times or i would've destroyed the damn thing..
You click something and the entire right column of tools diappears...and every attempt to repair that,results in more damage to your user interface

I am on vacation at the moment and i must resist opening my emailbox,but i can't resist coming here,i might miss out on a cool update.

Love your layout,gonna be kickass!

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Super stoked and Mk1Mod0 is the man for Bally 80's style harnesses

Aha! Your first of a group amigos!! mk1mod0!!
Seriously great you have an expert for the wiring,you don't want to fry those pretty Alltek boards...

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

would love a weekly crew meet and build session.

Yeah,it rocks..and sometimes Mic brings mc Donalds along too,good times

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

not a big update but still showing the progress of the next wireform, and also changed the detail of 3 x inserts near the bottom of the shot showing roller over switch inserts

Love how that wave evolved into this.
Geometry looks to be spot on

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Wiring Harness Update - just heard that my harness is finished and will be departing in the next day or 2.
So will soon have all the:
- wiring (cabinet and playfield) - 50% + 50% when the cabinet wiring arrives
- alltek game boards - 100%
- sound boards - %90
- program (Skateball) - 100%
- almost all the standard parts for cabinet / playfield - %90
what to do for version 1
- finish the playfield design for routing - 70%
- finish the playfield accessories to then make - 50%
- design the cabinet for routing - 90%
- build a cabinet - 0%
- do the art package once happy with the game play - 0%

Time to roll up those sleeves buddy

2 weeks later
#248 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

small update on the wireform ramp from the wave ramp feeding the inlane, still have some mount backets to playfield to go and one more wireform support bracket to design near the exit point.
will also have a spinner that will be 100 points per spin when not lit and 1000 points when lit

here is a rough player perspective shot

Awesome,great unusual spot for that spinner!

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

maybe redesigning the stock spinner bracket so the bracket supports the spinner from under the wireform and going up on both sites to reduce the visual blockage a little ???

Hmm yeah,that is an idea...make it a bit more custom,those are great details.
Instead of slapping on a stock spinner.
You could also consider a plastic around the spinner,with artwork.(super visual blockage though)..
It could say something or have a certain form that fits the theme?
Don't know what the plastic should represent in order to integrate in the surf theme..
All i can think of is a cropped surf board with a spinner in it.
Our waves suck in the Netherlands,we don't surf...we dig holes in the beach and then sit in them..
So not that much experience with surf items..
You only use a surf board while surfing right?
Maybe the spinner could be a supercool tiki statue?
Hawai--> surf-->tiki ?
His mouth being the spinner(decal on spinner so the statue looks complete when in default position?
Hm..i am blabbing into you..
You probably feel best what your design needs

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

so not to visually block the upper right flipper

Yeah,way better,a clear view on your bat is super important.
I hate it when stuff blocks it for a bit.
Especially an upper flipper...the timing is hard on those..

1 week later
#269 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Tube Time playfield build in cyber space (click on it to open and see better detail)

Wow!! cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrockstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tube-time-custom-surfing-pin?tu=pinballrockstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.