• 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playfield Diverter Tile.gif
bally-pinball-drop-target-assy-n25_1_994d20481b2f1a383f30fe3861bc4b62 (resized).jpg
inline_drop_assy (resized).jpg
screen-capture-9 (resized).png
TT-PF-2018v23 (resized).png
TT-129.png
TT-128.png
TT-127.png
sticky-feet (resized).jpg
IMG_3918.jpg
DSCN1775 (resized).jpg
IMG_2359 (resized).PNG
IMG_3851.JPG
IMG_3722 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_3718 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_3720 copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 6 years ago

Hi @swinks!

I don't know why, but I'm just coming across this thread now. I think this is fantastic! I love your design and the entire concept. My 6 year old daughter saw your layout and instantly recognized "the wave" at the top of the playfield. I told her your game was called Tube Time and she suggested Surfing In The Waves. Straight and to the point don't you think? I personally like Tube Time better but I wanted to put that out there.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

for the guys that like some of the little details
This is on the right side where the 3 bank drops are, with a wireform for the wipeout side of the wave ramp that will be height adjustable via a locking block that will be underneath. The plastics will be a 2 part plastic with the one over the drops having art, and the other one will get interaction with the ball in the drop down area so will be clear and replaceable. The playfield plug will be stainless to take drops from the ball but allows me to integrate a rollover switch in the plug for feature trigger.

I love this stuff. Thanks for being so detailed!

#231 6 years ago

Definitely agree, the wave has really changed in the halls of this thread for the better. It's the main toy of this game and looks spectacular!

#243 6 years ago

Another name suggestion... A little 90's title perhaps... Point Break.

4 weeks later
#258 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Hurry up and start building already as I am starting to get really stoked on this concept and want it to come to fruition for you/us!

Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty excited for this game. I would really like to see some cutting action happening.

#266 6 years ago

That's hot!

#270 6 years ago

swinks exactly how much plastic is needed for those two massive plastics on the top left and top right corners? Those have to be the biggest plastics ever on a pinball machine.

1 week later
#276 6 years ago

Oh man! I like this idea a lot and there's real estate just below the upper right flipper where this could be incorporated without too much effort I think.

1 month later
#291 6 years ago

Oh, I really like that. Get the build on this thing going so that I can start building one over here in NA.

#296 6 years ago

I like it. You need to make those surfboard inserts happen. They are a key part of the playfield. 3D print them if you have to.

#299 6 years ago

Very exciting! I will admit to being envious.

#301 6 years ago

I've had a dream of doing a custom theme for a couple years now. I think it would be cool to copy your build and create one in the 'west' while you are making one in the 'east' sort of like that movie with Jodi Foster, Contact. The government builds the same structure in two locations but keeps one a secret to keep it hidden from terrorists and extremists. Ya, maybe I've sensationalized my thoughts a bit here. Ha!

In all honesty I feel this is really going to shoot well. I really like the concept of the design, and it's got everything in a pin that I want. Drops, spinner, 3rd flipper and some uniqueness. It's only missing a kicker. Something like the YAGOV kicker in F14 or the kicker in the truck on NASCAR that whips the ball around. A kicker like this on Tube Time could be used to shoot through the wave.

1 week later
#312 6 years ago

How about a single spinning pop bumper with a shark fin on top?

1 week later
#324 6 years ago

It looks brilliant swinks! I'll see you in the CNC thread!

2 months later
#366 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

kids always blow me away all the time especially my own by what they say, do or achieve and today my 8 1/2 year daughter went to her first ever art class as she loves drawing and did her first ever canvas (acrylic paints) and I was blown away firstly as to me this painting looked professional and secondly it was awesome inspiration for Tube Time as I intend to have bright colours throughout the game with the classic 90's style insert borders and black outlines around items. I think a rendition of this image will have to be "part" of the backglass / translite.

It's awesome. She nailed the sky. Wonderful pinks in there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tube-time-custom-surfing-pin?tu=Fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.