Scan_(resized).jpg
291016304_(resized).jpg
posts_(resized).jpg
151110-18_-_Copy_(resized).jpg
20151126_003956590_iOS_(resized).jpg
cab_(resized).jpg
002_(resized).jpg
001_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kursiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Someone please guide me to the Xenon club. Seem to recall a club here or am I mistaken?
Have some Xenon related questions to ask..

#3 8 years ago

All right, so I am in the process of restoring my Xenon which I’ve had since 2001. Right now I'm rebuilding the playfield after a successful clearcoating job. Some questions have emerged.

Anyone tried to add a skill shot to the gameplay by removing the left ball gate at the top arch? This way the ball could travel back through the spinner lane directly to the flippers if plunged too hard..

13_(resized).jpg13_(resized).jpg
12_(resized).jpg12_(resized).jpg

Also the size of the buffing wheels I’m using make buffing the metal ramp very difficult, so I’m considering separating the ramp into the three parts it’s made of. Am I risking that the ramp will be less stable or otherwise behaving differently if not welded together but only held together by the playfield screws?

#6 8 years ago

That’s super cool. I really think the gameplay could benefit from a hard skill shot. Then I guess the job is to come up with a small fix to prevent the ball from bouncing back the spinner lane when making the spinner shot. Preferable an existing Bally SS solution. They only had one version of the shooter lane top ball gate that almost all games had up until flash gordon, right?

I got someone to help me taking the ramp apart. Pretty nicely done.

14_(resized).jpg14_(resized).jpg

The ramp seems as stable as always when mounted to the playfield. But it will take some time before it can be tested properly. Almost blindingly shiny but has a large bluish spot at the bottom center.
16_(resized).jpg16_(resized).jpg
17_(resized).jpg17_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I'm sure there are a few choices for gates. I think it would have to be tied into the shooter lane switch on a 3 or 5 second timer so it closes shortly after the ball is plunged. One thing I would advise if you decide to implement this is to turn on saucer memory or it will be very hard to get multiball.

Not sure I get that. Just wondered whether a shooter lane ball gate exists or could be made which doesn’t rebound the ball in exactly the same direction it is coming.

Quoted from dothedoo:

I like your choice of clear posts.

Purchased 30+ blue posts from Marco (like the one to the left in the photo) only to find that the color tint is far from right. Now I'm done with color.
posts_(resized).jpgposts_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

If you overheat stainless you will get that blue colour

Valuable information. Was not aware of that.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They were dark blue back in the day when we first unboxed them.

Scan_(resized).jpgScan_(resized).jpg

This is the best high-res scan my scanner is capable of giving me. Compared to these original posts the blue repro posts have a strange violet blue glow. In fact they could just make them of the same plastic as the bumper caps.
I’m probably hypersensitive to post colors, I know.

1 month later
#24 8 years ago

Some pics from just before pf went back into the cabinet.

v_(resized).jpegv_(resized).jpegk_(resized).jpegk_(resized).jpegh_(resized).jpegh_(resized).jpega_(resized).jpega_(resized).jpeg

#28 8 years ago

Original old playfield with automotive clear coat. Really didn't need much touch up. Amazing how clear coat makes colors pop and the black so deep.

exit-chamber_(resized).jpgexit-chamber_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Where did you get the clear posts from?

You'll find many online stores that carry 1-1/8" (is it 1-3/16”?) clear ribbed posts.
My favorites are from bestofpinball.de. They look a bit more cold clear. Here we go again.

1" clear I can’t find anywhere.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I did just shoot Marcos as message about the possibility of a 1" clear finned post. Let you know if I hear anything promising back.

Thanks. To clarify 1-1/8" is the original post size for the game. The smaller size just prevents a post underneath the plastic from scratching the paint.

10 months later
#38 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
Clear 1 inch posts do indeed exist. Found about 30 at a European ebay clone. In order to protect the plastics I did replace 8 taller posts (incl. the Kmiec signature post ) and 5 spacers behind the drop targets.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#39 7 years ago

Dip switch #30 consensus

I have a printout of the excellent Xenon Rules & Strategies from Jeff's Pinball Pages that I have read from time to time. In the section on ball locking for multiball it says: “Collected X symbols remain lit from ball to ball”.

Which reminds me that it is a configuration option as you know:
Dip switch #30 Top saucer first 2 ‘X’ lites
ON: Recalled for next ball // OFF: Reset next ball

ON setting obviously providing much better chances of multiball.

I know what I prefer myself but have never seen discussed witch setting Xenon owners prefer in general.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kursiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tube-shooters-club?tu=kursiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.