8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0400.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Misery loves company, eh? Welcome to any and all who may be infected with this peculiar malady.

I dragged home a Dyn O' Mite the other day. The guy said it doesn't work and I believe him. It isn't set up yet but I thought it might be interesting to swap stories with other folks who have similar problems.

I can see that it will need a few coils. One of the chime coils is missing and a couple of the drop target coils look burnt.

One of those stupid plastic flipper shafts is broken. I can't decide whether to fix the original crap with original crap or replace with something common and functional like an operator would have done. The coil spools match Gottlieb parts for length. I don't have any '70s Gotty flippers lying around. Drat.

Let's hear those amazing tales of NOS 5-digit display glass bargains or where you had to go to find a matching leg.

Here's a catchy little tune to stick in your head and start them toes a-tappin'.

2 weeks later
#2 8 years ago

I got to play with machinery today.

IMG_0400.jpgIMG_0400.jpg

All four drop target plunger plastic thingys were broken - two of them melted some first for good measure.

Looked around and plunger assemblies are there but kinda spendy. Four would cost more than the game did. Ordered $1.09 piece of Delrin rod instead.

Piece of plastic showed up today. Fussed around some sharpening a bit and getting familiar with the lathe. Dang that's a neat old contraption. I need to spend more time with it.

Made four genuine reproduction plunger ends - looks like they might even work.

In other news... a bundle of schematics and such should be showing up any old time now. I ordered a couple coils but looks like it needs a couple more.

Working on a shopping list for a "cap kit".

Feels like a little progress anyway.

#3 8 years ago

If those drop target plunger ends work, you can probably sell them. There is no other option that I am aware of other than finding used ones.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ttl-madness-the-allied-leisure-support-group and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.