(Topic ID: 142715)

TSPP/WH2O for WOZ - would you?

By shimoda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't know the rules well but WOZ is a beautiful game. The theme kills it for me - just doesn't fit pinball imo. I don't see giving up two great games for one good one. That said, if you are done with those pins, ready for something new, and price is right then why not?

And that right there is the problem with WOZ! Unless you know what is going on you're going to think it's a turd! You're going to think it doesn't fit pinball and it's just a pretty looking game instead... And only when you start to scratch the surface of the rules do you even begin to start feeling that the theme suits pinball and that it's an awesome game!

Short story: I was down for a LE got done by the Aussie distributor a few years went by was bitter about it then got a break and got a whole bunch of cash back and then decided I still wanted to play the game I was in on for such a long time. Played it and thought hmmm well I've bashed the ball around the game looked awesome but seriously I have NFI on what is going on! I WANT to like it because well I was in on it for so long but well I can't because seriously I had no clue what to do to get anywhere in the game! So I went down with a friend who had played a fair few games on WOZ to figure out if I should buy a game worth 13k (AUD has certainly tanked against the USD) to which he went on to point out well you've got to hit the blue targets to light capture Dorothy the hit the loop to capture her then spell rescue and then bash the door to start rescue multiball. All of a sudden the game clicked with me I knew what to do to progress and I just had to go out and buy a "Rescue Edition". And well at the moment I would say I play that 2 games to one one very other machine I own!

So the lesson here is if you're on the fence play it with someone who knows what's going on so you do to and then your enjoyment of the machine will be so much much much more!

#55 8 years ago

Also ion the flip side TSPP is just too crazy deepened would frustrate me more than anything . And I do love my full restored WH2O.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.50
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tsppwh2o-for-woz-would-you?tu=Audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.