4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Audioenslaved
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

This is not a market listing though I have been posting locally looking for a WOZ (LE - either is fine). Would you trade a WOZ RR or ECELE for a TSPP (decent condition, plays great, has an issue on the PF that doesn't really impact play but comes with an NOS PF if you want to trade them) and WH2O (all but one new ramp, re-import, pretty good cabinet, topper, good playfield but with the Mine kickout wear (about pinky nail size))? Would you keep the TSPP and WH2O as a better pair, or try for something else.

While I'm at it, would you trade an XM or ST for a TSPP? Thoughts...

#2 4 years ago

It's all in your taste. Get what you like to play. Me personally no. I don't like WOZ at all. The game is slow, klunky, and I don't like the theme.

#3 4 years ago

You'll lose both money and your manhood if you trade TSPP and WH20 for WOZ

#4 4 years ago

I'd rather have WH2O and TSPP than a WoZ.... and I am in no way knocking WoZ (I just like the other two better). I would not trade an XMen for TSPP (mainly because I just got an XMen LE and owned a TSPP for a good 6+ years)

#5 4 years ago

I've owned all three pins (still have WH2O)......I would not do this trade. But as Fish says, it all in YOUR taste.

#6 4 years ago

Interesting. Wondering what games people think would be a fair trade (or one with a little cash either way) for the TSPP that would still support keeping one 'deep' pin and something reasonably likely to find for a trade.

@herbertsharp, funny! (other than trading/selling these I won't be getting a WOZ, which might still be the case).

#7 4 years ago

I have owned TSPP twice and H2O twice. I just got WOZLE last week. I wouldn't trade WOZ away for those 2 pins, no way at all.

#8 4 years ago

If i got read of my WOZ, my family would kill me. I dont play it all that much, but everyone that comes over is in awe of it.

#9 4 years ago

Grab all three, three great pins.

#10 4 years ago

It comes down to what you like. If WH20 and TSPP are getting old move them on and get something else.

#11 4 years ago

I wouldn't trade my WOZ for those games. I've owned WH20, too predictable, and have a TSPP on loan. I love the depth of TSPP but the stop and go of the game gets a little old. WOZ is unpredictable with the depth of and nuances that will keep the game interesting. If you're not man enough to own a WOZ that is just too sad.

#12 4 years ago

I don't really care for any of the 3. If it was me. TSPP is the better of the 3.

#13 4 years ago

I like trading pins for cash

I've only traded games when I knew the person well. It just avoids issues. Invariably something is going to go wrong. And at that point if you are already friends, it is pretty easy to resolve. But if you don't know the person, someone is coming away with hurt feelings. So it is best to stick with money. Sell your games and buy a WOZ.

#14 4 years ago

Despite my love for TSPP, and that feeling I'd never let it go (heck I colorized it to see it in all its glory!), I think I would be okay with something else and hope it wouldn't be missed too much. Strangely, short of WOZ, X-Men, ST and Shadow are the only other games that interest me, maybe BSD.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I like trading pins for cash
I've only traded games when I knew the person well. It just avoids issues. Invariably something is going to go wrong. And at that point if you are already friends, it is pretty easy to resolve. But if you don't know the person, someone is coming away with hurt feelings. So it is best to stick with money. Sell your games and buy a WOZ.

I am with you on the trading come to think of it. I have traded twice. Once was great and involved my WH20 in case the person is sees this and one was fairly horrible. For now on I will just buy/sell I think unless I know the person well enough to be confident they will not freak out when something breaks after they take possession of the game.

Funny thing on my part is that I fixed the issues on the game I traded (that happened AFTER the trade) while the person that traded with me never got an issue with a DMD resolved that we knew about before the trade that he had agreed to sort. Don't assume that because you do what is right that the other person will do the same.

#16 4 years ago

I would do that trade

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I would do that trade

Too bad you don't have a WOZ in your collection

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Too bad you don't have a WOZ in your collection

Actually I meant id trade tspp and wh20 for woz. Im actually looking to get a woz

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Despite my love for TSPP, and that feeling I'd never let it go (heck I colorized it to see it in all its glory!), I think I would be okay with something else and hope it wouldn't be missed too much. Strangely, short of WOZ, X-Men, ST and Shadow are the only other games that interest me, maybe BSD.

If you ever want to do a temp trade of your FH for a nice BSD LMK. I'd like to have a FH but am not ready to move anything out right now to acquire one. I'm in central VA but will be at Allentown.

#20 4 years ago

WH2O alone is a better game than WOZ. I am not a big fan of TSPP, so I would just trade that and try to get a newer Stern or another WPC game instead of WOZ.

#21 4 years ago

I temp-traded Shimoda my LOTR for TSPP. That's how I learned that I never need to own TSPP (3-4 months was enough for me).

#22 4 years ago

I like wh20 , tspp has never grabbed me....no way I would trade my ecle for those two ...no way

#23 4 years ago

I miss my WH2O when I play it at other people's houses. I hate that I sold it for $2600, because the price has gotten silly lately (same as Congo). It was a nice one, too.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

WH2O alone is a better game than WOZ. I am not a big fan of TSPP, so I would just trade that and try to get a newer Stern or another WPC game instead of WOZ.

Crazy talk

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Don't you have a WOZ?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If you ever want to do a temp trade of your FH for a nice BSD LMK. I'd like to have a FH but am not ready to move anything out right now to acquire one. I'm in central VA but will be at Allentown.

Sold FH, though I do miss it, one of the few I sold that is missed. Need to update my collection here I guess.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Huh? I really have trouble even putting WH20 and WoZ in the same discussion.

But.....

I have owned all three

WoZ > (TSPP + WH20). By a long shot. I do like playing TSPP though. Even so, WoZ is in a class all by itself now. It simply is the next generation of high-end pinball machines. It also keeps getting better with more refined software.

#28 4 years ago

Cash-wise I'd say you'd be on the losing end by doing that trade (WH20 and TSPP are worth more than a WOZ), but gameplay-wise I'd prefer the WOZ.

But to answer the original question, yes if I had a WOZ I would do that trade, because then I could sell the two games and have enough money to buy back a WOZ and have cash left over.

#29 4 years ago

I am asking about the value versus an LE WOZ. Just FYI. I could probably get 8 or more selling both separately, but couldn't buy a retail LE WOZ for that NIB. A nice used one though...

#30 4 years ago

I don't know the rules well but WOZ is a beautiful game. The theme kills it for me - just doesn't fit pinball imo. I don't see giving up two great games for one good one. That said, if you are done with those pins, ready for something new, and price is right then why not?

#31 4 years ago

No way in hell those two pins are worth what a WOZ ECLE is. I would never make that trade. I agree what others have said, this is not even in the same ballpark as being equal.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

No way in hell those two pins are worth what a WOZ ECLE is.

Uh, actually they're worth more, if we're talking strict market. You can sell those two for $8k plus without any trouble. WOZ ECLE sells used for around $7500.

#33 4 years ago

TSPP is a game that you either love it or hate it (or think it's just okay

Sure, I can get tired of it at times, but when I come back to it, I love it like it was new. I have both tspp and wh2o, but could not trade both for woz.

I could get rid of wh2o way before tspp.

I wouldn't do the trade. If you really want woz, try and get a good price on a used one. I think more Woz's will be available when TH is out and prices may drop. I've personally seen several available close to me - they haven't been hard to find.

You might find out you don't like woz all that much after awhile, (just about the time you'd be ready to revisit another game of TSPP.)

If you can pull off buying a woz, you have the option of selling any of the 3 without sacrificing a game under pressure to trade.

If you think your initial feelings for TSPP might return, it'd be a drag to have traded it away.

#34 4 years ago

HELL NO.

#35 4 years ago

With the new 5.05 code, WOZ just got better. I've had my WOZ since June 2013, and with the code updates, the game is becoming like old wine, it just gets better. I have had lots of pins come and go, but this one I can't see going away, anytime soon, if ever. I would not do that deal, for the other two.

#37 4 years ago

When people say Hell No, are they saying they wouldn't trade TSPPWH2O for WOZ or Wouldn't trade WOZ for TSPP/WH2O?

#38 4 years ago

I would not do the 2 for 1. Sell the two and purchase a low play game!

#39 4 years ago

I'd probably sell my tspp and wh20 separately and then buy the woz.

For what it's worth, WOZ blows the doors off those games... it's simply awesome.

#40 4 years ago

I've got a potential trader for the two games, but I, too, think they are worth more than WOZ so I may end up selling to fund a nice used LE, but I guess we will see what happens with a trade. I hate to sell two DMDs even for a game like WOZ, especiallyl want to find a BSD or Shadow for my small collection. Still have the Bad Cats project for sale though I would trade it for a players BSD or Shadow.

#41 4 years ago

I would trade my BSD for a TSPP and WH2O if it helps any.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I would trade my BSD for a TSPP and WH2O if it helps any.

Uh.....

Nope.

#43 4 years ago

After getting more time on WOZ this weekend I'm inclined to think it might be better than both games put together. I love TSPP and am really warming up to WH2O (the flow of some shots is just great). However, WOZ is a theme I love, all the memories of watching the movie every Christmas season... It's funny because when I first got into pinball I started thinking about themes I would make a custom game based on and WOZ was one at the top, then I heard about JJPs project. I have to say the whole thing is so well done and the lights play such a brilliant role. Easy to see how RGB lighting makes a game more flexible (rulewise). I won't go so far as to say WOZ is better than the other two put together, but I'll probably sell/trade to get a WOZ. Besides any other point, my wife actively commented that she wanted a WOZ, not something she usually says about pinball.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

WOZ is a theme I love

If you like the TSPP style of play and the WOZ theme, I think WOZ is going to be slam dunk for you. I love WOZ despite the theme.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you like the TSPP style of play and the WOZ theme, I think WOZ is going to be slam dunk for you. I love WOZ despite the theme.

I think WOZ is a game that shows me that there are games out there even better than TSPP I still think TSPP is a top 5 game. Over time I think half of the top 20 would be further down. It's a matter of selling TSPP, probably WH2O and getting a WOZ in the house!

#46 4 years ago

I would trade a WOZ away for a TSPP + WH2O all day every day. In my opinion, WOZ is a good game, and you'd be trading it away for two GREAT games. WOZ and TSPP are comparatively deep rules wise. Granted WOZ is a widebody but you are getting TSPP which has the great lawlor upper flipper to ramp flow, plus WH20 which is ramp-tastic.

That's just gameplay. If you are considering collectability and future appreciation, WOZ is still rolling off the line available NIB while WH20 and TSPP are done and no more are being made.

WOZ has its theme haters but its not like 'hillbilly whitewater rafting' is a dream theme to anyone either so I doubt that matters much.

I think as a collector and player I'd be getting two amazing games and pinball tables do get boring so twice the fun with two.

#47 4 years ago

Problem is the price of NIB WOZ. Ideally, I'd sell TSPP and Bad Cats Restore package and throw in a few hundred dollars, have WOZ and keep WH2O and that may be what ends up happening.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I would trade a WOZ away for a TSPP + WH2O all day every day. In my opinion, WOZ is a good game, and you'd be trading it away for two GREAT games. WOZ and TSPP are comparatively deep rules wise. Granted WOZ is a widebody but you are getting TSPP which has the great lawlor upper flipper to ramp flow, plus WH20 which is ramp-tastic.
That's just gameplay. If you are considering collectability and future appreciation, WOZ is still rolling off the line available NIB while WH20 and TSPP are done and no more are being made.
WOZ has its theme haters but its not like 'hillbilly whitewater rafting' is a dream theme to anyone either so I doubt that matters much.
I think as a collector and player I'd be getting two amazing games and pinball tables do get boring so twice the fun with two.

Upper ramp flow on TSPP? Wh20 has Ramos but the upper playfield VUK is one of the worst flow killers in pinball. Your entitled to your opinion but really?

#49 4 years ago

keep your whitewater and simpsons... 2 very different games all together!! THUS more "pinball" than just one WOZ. just imagine if you get tired of WOZ????......... you got no where to turn! AHHHHH

#50 4 years ago

You'd be trading two very good games for one very good game. And most likely losing money in the end, unless you're getting cash back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside