(Topic ID: 106431)

TSPP/Stern flipper rebuild (ok WMS/Bally too)

By KeithinMI

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KeithinMI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keithinmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have rebuilt a lot, if not all of my flippers on my machines. After looking at the tremendous slop in my TSPP flippers and deciding to order a kit for them, I realized that I have never replaced the rubber stop "plug" that cushions the flipper return when the coil is no longer energized.

What is the thinking on these? Need to be replaced?

I'm not talking about the coil 'stops' at the rear of the coil which I always replace as they get mushroomed and beat up, just the rubber return 'bumper'

#2 9 years ago

Additionally, as a follow-up to this, should I be rebuilding the other 3 flipper mechanisms as well (the upper right and the two mini-playfield flippers)? If so, do they use the same parts?

Also the Homer head uses the same mech, rebuild it too?

#5 9 years ago

so for TSPP, I'd need Q3 of the "right" rebuild and Q2 of the "left" rebuild, correct?
(exclusive of the Homer head which also uses a "right", so a total of 4 of the "right" rebuild and 2 of the left?)

#6 9 years ago

where's the best place to buy them? I see most places offer a "kit" which has both the L & R, which means 2 complete "leftover" left side kits (and almost $200 in kits!)

#9 9 years ago

not to mention the many EOS switches that would be left over as from at least on my tspp, the upper 3 flipper (and Homer) do not have EOS switches.

Seems silly to order that "single" kit from marco (the 500-6307-00) when for ten bucks more you get the other side too, and just have a spare.

I can use one of the 'leftovers' in my LotR on one side, but that still leaves me sans a "right" side (and one additional "left" side to boot if I rebuild Homer)

There's just no easy way to do this

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

You shouldn't need to replace the entire flipper assembly. Just replace the stops, sleeves, plunger/link. Should be able to reuse the crank and switch actuators, even on non HUO games.

right, the crank really wouldn't "wear out" per se, same for the actuators. It's really the stops (which get beat on and mushroomed), the sleeves (which get dirty and/or scuffed inside leading to friction), the plunger (which gets really beat up and non-smooth), and the link (which on this tspp's flippers is super loose and sloppy which lead me to the initial post!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider keithinmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tsppstern-flipper-rebuild-ok-wmsbally-too?tu=keithinmi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.