View topic image gallery

playfield-comparison-2 (resized).png
playfield-comparison (resized).png
IMG_0700 (resized).JPG
IMG_0699 (resized).JPG
IMG_0693 (resized).JPG
IMG_0694 (resized).JPG
IMG_0689 (resized).JPG
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I recently find myself thinking about getting a TSPP. My question is what you think of the game and what's a nice huo/minty one worth? With limited money and space at this point I need to only get games that will hold interest longer. My current lineup is acdc, met, woz, hobbit. My other consideration would be either a potc, or higher in price GB premium or wait for star wars. Any thoughts on Simpsons appreciated and also anything in particular to look for when buying a TSPP along with availability of parts. Seems like several TSPP have been sold lately.

#2 7 years ago

TSPP is awesome - it plays very much like a Pat Lawlor game (TZ, TAF). Awesome rules - lots of modes - balanced scoring. It is a long game type of machine though, so keep that in mind. Mint HUO TSPPs = $5K+.

#3 7 years ago

I have much of the same, and unless you hate the theme, I find the game fantastic!

Its insanely deep, everything gels perfectly, and theres no dead space, code, or anything....!!

IMo, since you asked, find a good value in this title, HUO or undocumented, but no wear on cab or playfield....maybe between $4000-$4500, as people will be thinning collections for the new games.

Buy well, play a year, enjoy it, and if needed, it should hold its value to swap for an HUO GB.

Rinse and repeat...GB towards Star Wars. or other.

With all the new games coming out, one can be patient, and buy well, sell well or trade well, and with little out of pocket, move games through a collection, especially if space or funds have impact.

At least, this is how I have been doing it, and building a collection, along with good buys when they appear, to play fix, and share with the next friend.

#4 7 years ago

TSPP Would compliment your line up, Great deep rules with good sound.

Everyone in your household will like it.

Bought a HUO mint condition last fall for $5,000 with only 240 plays.
TSPP is a great value considering prices on the market for other pins that aren't as deep or fun.

#5 7 years ago

Interesting, I'm kind of thinking the same.

They come up and seem to sell quickly.

#6 7 years ago

Disclaimer: I own a TSPP that has been played less than 200 times.

$4,500 HUO. No shooter lane wear, no cab wear, no I&S wear.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Disclaimer: I own a TSPP that has been played less than 200 times.
$4,500 HUO. No shooter lane wear, no cab wear, no I&S wear.

Pm me pics and location if possible. I'm really leaning towards getting one. Thanks.

Any big issues with these other than cab fade?

#8 7 years ago

Tspp is a lot of fun and very well executed in almost every way . It is my favourite pin I have owned or played . Every time I play it it's a diffrent experience and absolutely love it . You don't see them come up very often in Canada but lots of people looking for it .

#9 7 years ago

Start button wear, flipper button wear. Usually the shooter lane deal is overblown, but this game had paint in the shooter lane so see if that's perfect. I put a little mylar over mine.

The Itchy and Scratchy hole is pretty quick to wear. Sometimes the garage door is droopy, it should open all the way. Inside the garage is a ramp that feeds the VUK, make sure that ramp isn't cracked at the front. Make sure that once three balls are on the couch they release one at a time. Like usual, check for cracks at ramp entrances.

Quoted from konghusker:

Any big issues with these other than cab fade?

#10 7 years ago

It's not cab fade its just the way they came . Pretty reliable game and the one for sale with no wear I would buy !

#11 7 years ago

I love it. I've had mine since I bought it NIB and it's still my favorite pin.

#12 7 years ago

Had I not found myself in financial difficulties, I would have definitely kept mine. Great game, deep rules set. I'd recommend playing one locally before you buy to make sure you like, but I loved mine.

#14 7 years ago

If its HUO, and low plays, you should have no issues.
(One hopes)

I find this period, they built the games like Tanks!

#15 7 years ago

Too many repetitive callouts and can be too chaotic. When you have a bunch of things going on at once it was way too chaotic. If they redid the sounds (especially end of ball) I might still own one.

#16 7 years ago

I would never watch the show, but I absolutely love the pin. Deep, deep ruleset, lots of interesting shots, and a title that is not overpriced. $4,500 is a good price for one in great condition.

#17 7 years ago

All great info guys. I really appreciate it. Are parts, plastics, etc easy to replace if needed?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

All great info guys. I really appreciate it. Are parts, plastics, etc easy to replace if needed?

NOS parts are still readily available. I even use to see NIB play fields (upper and lower) on eBay.

#19 7 years ago

TSSP is such a good pin! Deep rules mean it never gets old. There is always something to keep bringing you back. I've had mine for almost a year. I love it, and my friends do too. It's a keeper for me!

#20 7 years ago

They're really well made....I've only had one minor issue with mine after all these years. LEDs look great on it, too.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have every game you have (well, I just sold hobbit two weeks ago.)

TSPP is absolutely fantastic. If you like Woz, you should love TSPP. So many different ways to approach game-play.

#22 7 years ago

I hated TSPP

#24 7 years ago

Yes yes yes yes and yes! Awesome game. I regret selling mine

#25 7 years ago

TSPP is a great game, (my favorite).

One thing to consider, you said you like your WOZ...the same designer/software people did TSPP.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

. If you like Woz, you should love TSPP. So many different ways to approach game-play.

And this is exactly what I was thinking. Woz is my favorite game. I like the quest type games with options to attack it differently each time.

It's good to hear parts are available. This has become a big importance to me now days.

#27 7 years ago

i just bought a mint huo tspp. i have been staying away from the new pins till i see the qc issues improve. the playfield on this pin is loaded for sure. what would a loaded pin like this cost these days?
there are also many mods available for this as well. installed my moes tavern mod and couple other things. great pin for sure.

IMG_0689 (resized).JPGIMG_0689 (resized).JPG

IMG_0694 (resized).JPGIMG_0694 (resized).JPG

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG

IMG_0699 (resized).JPGIMG_0699 (resized).JPG

IMG_0700 (resized).JPGIMG_0700 (resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago

Nice score . They would be a fortune if they came out with today . Best value out of the older games for sure .

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

NOS parts are still readily available. I even use to see NIB play fields (upper and lower) on eBay.

Plastic set is available from? I don't see them for sale nor replacement ramps.

Excuse the hijack. I love this machine. So many features.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Plastic set is available from? I don't see them for sale nor replacement ramps.
Excuse the hijack. I love this machine. So many features.

I see them pop up regularly on eBay. Not the replacement ramp however.

#31 7 years ago

Replacement part availability is huge. I hate to say it, but I've stayed away from games at times due to not being able to find parts. I'm unfamiliar with the sterns from early 2000's as far as parts, quality, and build.

#32 7 years ago

Just put some plays on one if you can. My opinion is that it's a deep but boring game. I get to play one weekly at the place our league is at on Sundays. I never find myself wanting more.

#33 7 years ago

YES!! very deep rules and oustanding theme integration. If you don't like Simpsons, you may not appreciate it as much as those who do, like me.

#34 7 years ago

Yes, you should get one. Love mine. If you do, buy a set of plastics protectors.

#35 7 years ago

I've played it a few times, but not enough to get into the rules yet. I love the theme, and the layout. I also love the woz style play. It's a tough decision only due to the fact that GB and SW are major games I would love, especially SW. I just don't want to spend that much anymore on nib, and I think TSpp seems to have a great bang for the buck.

#36 7 years ago

Best game Stern will ever make, probably why they made so many and there's plenty of them out there to choose from. You can't go wrong with this one.

John

#37 7 years ago

Also, you can really mod this game and add what you want to make it yours. Plenty of figures you can buy add and swap out. Color DMD, TV, nuclear rails, etc.

#38 7 years ago

By the time your SW reaches you.....it could be a year from now.

If you find a good one, like the kind offer before thats close, enjoy it for you, make it play even better,
and at worst get your Money back when you have had a chance to see and play SW.

#39 7 years ago

So I have a guy locally offering a huo for $5200 asking. Not sure on what mods, # plays, or much else about it other than a color dmd is installed. From what I'm gathering this may be a fair price assuming no wear? Thanks again everyone for your input. It's helpful hearing others experiences.

#40 7 years ago

A "no wear" expectation may be a little unreasonable. Other than that it's a personal opinion and choice on these details. One man's pricey is another's cheap. Look at the marketplace archives and see what the historical offer and selling price is, looks at the details (including pics and location) and go compare to your local pin. Local can often mean a little price flexibility as well (for both you and the seller). ColorDMD is not cheap.

GL!

#41 7 years ago

My first pin and still my favorite to play. First one was a nice example and bought a new one last week that was mint. One big difference between early runs and later runs is the color richness of the playfield. My first game playfield color was gorgeous but had some wear and cab had some wear. My new mint game has the much more washed out playfield. I miss the colors in my old one but still happy I upgraded. It won't ever leave. Bought my mint for 5,500 and sold my original for 4,000... but 4,000 sale was part of the purchase of a cactus canyon as well.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

A "no wear" expectation may be a little unreasonable. Other than that it's a personal opinion and choice on these details. One man's pricey is another's cheap. Look at the marketplace archives and see what the historical offer and selling price is, looks at the details (including pics and location) and go compare to your local pin. Local can often mean a little price flexibility as well (for both you and the seller). ColorDMD is not cheap.
GL!

This.

Also, since it's local, what's traveling time worth to you? I did a 500 mile round trip to get mine. Take that into consideration too.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So I have a guy locally offering a huo for $5200 asking. Not sure on what mods, # plays, or much else about it other than a color dmd is installed. From what I'm gathering this may be a fair price assuming no wear? Thanks again everyone for your input. It's helpful hearing others experiences.

I paid 5500 and was happy with that. Would be even happier if the playfield colors were richer and not washed out

#44 7 years ago

here are a couple of pics comparing the two playfields...more washed out example is on the right.

playfield-comparison (resized).pngplayfield-comparison (resized).png

playfield-comparison-2 (resized).pngplayfield-comparison-2 (resized).png

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Just put some plays on one if you can. My opinion is that it's a deep but boring game. I get to play one weekly at the place our league is at on Sundays. I never find myself wanting more.

I can understand finding the game boring if you are just playing it once a week on location.

You need to know the rules and stacking. It really requires a home environment to appreciate the game.

As you improve, the game will continue to reveal new features, animations and call-outs for a long, long time. And you will start to see how to strategize to maximize all the scoring opportunities.

#46 7 years ago

It's not a question of yes or no. It is one of the best pins ever. Ever.

Point of reference: sometimes I let TZ edge it out as THE best ever, sometimes I don't.

#47 7 years ago

$5200 for a HUO with ColorDMD doesn't sound like a bad deal. I love mine, it will surely be the last to go and only under dire circumstances.

1 week later
#48 7 years ago

What's everyone's experience with the whitestar system and overall reliability of TSPP? I'm unfamiliar with it.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What's everyone's experience with the whitestar system and overall reliability of TSPP? I'm unfamiliar with it.

You haven't bought it yet?

The whitestar platform was very stable and dependable when I owned them. The Achilles Heel: sound. But that seemed to manifest in games newer than Simps.

#50 7 years ago

I've had mine since it was new and have had very few minor problems, other than the couch weldment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 18.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-yes-or-no and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.