(Topic ID: 55995)

TSPP, Would you trade it towards a NIB XMEN LE?

By Kawasakiltd

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I have a 2 owner TSPP (me being the second) I am thinking about trading it towards a NIB XMEN LE MAGNETO. What are your thoughts on the XMEN game? Would you keep TSPP or trade it?

#2 11 years ago

I'd go for it, value wise you are probably close and X-men is rebounding a little finally in price. Not to mention it is a blast to play now that code has been modified. I got sick of TSPP, didn't last for me, X-men is still going strong and I love it.

#3 11 years ago

Trade it for one of the best looking machines of all time. I'm a bit biased as I'm a huge XMen fan.

#4 11 years ago

I wouldn't trade it for that, but depends on how much you like it. In terms of price, prob a toss up.

#5 11 years ago

I'd keep the TSPP personally (love that pin!) but a straight trade for an XMEN LE would be a great deal, particularly NIB.

#6 11 years ago

NEVER. TSPP is a bonafide classic. Perfection in layout & code.

#7 11 years ago

No friggin way.

#8 11 years ago

Lol

Hell naw!

#9 11 years ago

Xmen LE's are pretty freaking awesome, and I really like TSPP as well, if you have played TSPP a ton and you are a bit bored of it, its an easy decision to make the trade.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

NEVER. TSPP is a bonafide classic. Perfection in layout & code.

Exactly. TSPP one of the best machines ever made, for PROVEN perfection in rules and layout. It's a staple in a serious player's collection. But to each their own.

#11 11 years ago

no way would I make that trade.

#12 11 years ago

Nope. Bad trade.

#13 11 years ago

I'd trade in a heart beat, but that's just my take. TSPP is a great game, but IMO is just missing that little something that makes it a game I really want to keep. I have owned two TSPP's in the past and tried both times to really like the game, but it just didn't happen for me.

Of course I have two things going against me... I'm a bigger fan of X-Men than I am a Simpsons and i'm not that great of a player...

Good luck either way!

#14 11 years ago

Wait...

There are pinhead collectors without TSPP?

I don't understand this

Oh well, different folks different strokes!

#15 11 years ago

No thanks. I'd keep TSPP. Didn't enjoy playing XMEN.

#16 11 years ago

From a current value perspective, the answer would be yes, do the trade. Heck you could do the trade, sell the NIB X-Men, buy another TSPP, and have some extra cash left over.

#17 11 years ago

I wouldn't do it.

#18 11 years ago

I gave up my TSPP for STTNG......go for it!

#19 11 years ago

The OP said "towards a NIB XMEN LE", so I'm assuming he would have to throw in some cash as well. If it was straight across I would do it in a second.

#20 11 years ago

I have these 2 right next to each other. I'm having to sell one of them and I have someone coming this week for the TSPP. Tough decision for sure, but X Men is the game right now at my house. I would be intimidated by the NIB as its taken a very long time to get this X-Men playable. But now that its adjusted, it's a real keeper that could be considered a top Stern pin.

#21 11 years ago

I was able to trade my wolverine for cash and a bbh. I would assume there is $1200-1500 difference between the games. with that being said I love TSPP and want one someday but it's hard to consider TSPP and Xmen LE an even up trade

#22 11 years ago

x-men le's look better..... tspp plays better.

gameplay always wins over looks!!!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I gave up my TSPP for STTNG......go for it!

Or you can have both!!!!

Don't do the trade. It's like trading Peyton Manning for Russell Wilson. BAD IDEA!!!!

#24 11 years ago

Trade and never look back! XMLE Magneto is an awesome looking games and the game just crushes all the stop and go on TSPP...

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Or you can have both!!!!
Don't do the trade. It's like trading Peyton Manning for Russell Wilson. BAD IDEA!!!!

I would make that trade

#26 11 years ago

XMen way better than TSPP as I am not a fan of stop and go woodchop rulesets.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

XMen way better than TSPP as I am not a fan of stop and go woodchop rulesets.

X-Men's way more woodchoppy than TSPP. TSPP is depth/content/nuance/stacking-perfection. X-Men is mode-city, but not as Point-A-B-C-D-etc rewarding as TSPP's shot setups & payoffs. X-Men also has plenty of stop...scoop, pops, Rogue shot, Magneto lock, Xavier (briefly). Just sayin'

#28 11 years ago

Woodchop: Do the same repetitive task X number of times to check off a box for the wiz mode. So after progressing through the 4 I&S multiballs you start Scratchy's revenge. Miss the super and you have to play all 4 I&S modes again. Same with Mystery spot. Do not screw up or you are in for hell! haha. Xmen, screw up the hero mode you are only two shots away from trying it again.

Not saying I don't like TSPP, I do, but I can only play it once a year. But what do I know... my favorite game is Congo

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Woodchop: Do the same repetitive task X number of times to check off a box for the wiz mode. So after progressing through the 4 I&S multiballs you start Scratchy's revenge. Miss the super and you have to play all 4 I&S modes again. Same with Mystery spot. Do not screw up or you are in for hell! haha. Xmen, screw up the hero mode you are only two shots away from trying it again.
Not saying I don't like TSPP, I do, but I can only play it once a year. But what do I know... my favorite game is Congo

Congo rules.

Thing is, all the various things you play in TSPP has variety and each shot has multiple clear purposes, actions and reactions. X-Men is pretty much "here's a thing, do it" ..."here's another thing, do it" ...but it doesn't really add up to much payoff in terms of satisfaction like TSPP, IMO.

EDIT: The main thing that keeps TSPP from being a "chopping wood" game is the organic and fun stacking. You can have both multiballs running. You can start modes on top of each other & during Multiballs. You can stack Hurry-Ups. And due to the "language" of the mode lights, inserts, audio, TV timer, etc...it's never confusing as to what is stacked at any given time.

#30 11 years ago

It's just the depth for me with TSPP. Look at how hard it is to start the couch MB. I can't imagine any non-pinhead has ever managed to start this MB in the wild - open garage, shoot back in garage, shoot behind TV on upper PF to start mode, then shoot onto ramp into couch. Then do it two more times.

It's geared towards advanced players, and it's nice to have machines like that. Maybe not for everyone, and you have be able to be ready play for a while as with LOTR.

#31 11 years ago

I did just this about 9 months ago.

You can always get another TSPP down the road

I am very much enjoying xmen. No regrets here

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

X-Men's way more woodchoppy than TSPP. TSPP is depth/content/nuance/stacking-perfection. X-Men is mode-city, but not as Point-A-B-C-D-etc rewarding as TSPP's shot setups & payoffs. X-Men also has plenty of stop...scoop, pops, Rogue shot, Magneto lock, Xavier (briefly). Just sayin'

Sorry man TSPP is much slower than XM not even close. Both games IMO classic but to say XM is stop and go is no where close to accurate. Combos of XM add an element that is a refreshing break from the linear gameplay. Plenty of strategy to go on in XM as well if you know how to play it right. Just sayin.

#33 11 years ago

go for it!! new blood is always good.

#34 11 years ago

Yes in fact I already did back when it came out.

TSPP and RFM for XM magneto.

Brought to my door NIB.

Few issues with the game but really in love with its design.

#35 11 years ago

Trade it!

#36 11 years ago

I currently own a Wolverine LE I purchased NIB. I have previously owned TSPP twice. Wolverine is so much better its funny. This is a NO BRAINER trade for you.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I currently own a Wolverine LE I purchased NIB. I have previously owned TSPP twice. Wolverine is so much better its funny. This is a NO BRAINER trade for you.

This would be for the Magneto, but I agree and would do it in a heartbeat.

#38 11 years ago

Yes, either pin. Only difference is the color/artwork. You can't make this trade quickly enough!

#39 11 years ago

I own both and although I play XM more now, I still like TSPP better. It was my first game and will
Probably be the last to leave if and when I sell these things.

#40 11 years ago

I did the exact same thing. TSPP for a magneto LE.
While I do love simpsons I am still very happy about getting xmen as it has been very enjoyable.

#41 11 years ago

XMen Mag LE is one of the best looking games in the history of pinball. I own Wolverine (and it is stunning too) but you just can't beat the way XMen looks in a collection.

I would make that trade in two seconds, but as an XMen owner perhaps I am biased.

#42 11 years ago

X Men LE is a great pin! I would make that trade in a heart beat! You won't be disappointed.

#43 11 years ago

I've owned both. Prefer X-men Le- new code is awesome.

#45 11 years ago

I'd sell tspp and buy an xmen pro and have some cash leftover

As for the stop and go argument: I'd say xmen is fast stop n go (i.e. fast fast fast combo combo, breather....fast combo fast magnets fast breather...)

As for the modes argument: with the new 1.3 code, xmen has great mode stacking as well as huge strategy. Every mode is fun and since villains have memory progression as well as a secret way to light a villain it no longer feels like work, but fun. And since it no longer feels like work, completing modes are very satisfying. Especially finishing juggernaut with that metal clank into Xavier shot (similar to the sound TAF makes with the vault shot) followed by the animation. And the animations...so comic like!

As for the rare hero argument: he suffers from; 'I sold it so now I hate it and no one can do anything to change my mind of that' syndrome.

Tspp has a deeper ruleset by far. But if your not a fan of xmen, then i wouldn't make the trade

#46 11 years ago

I wouldn't trade TSPP

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

he suffers from; 'I sold it so now I hate it and no one can do anything to change my mind of that' syndrome.

Maybe's he is right. TSPP is the superior Stern.

#48 11 years ago

I have a TSPP I would trade for an Xmen pro... If any near enough.....anyone?

#49 11 years ago

No way, in my opinion, TSPP is the best pinball machine available. It is a machine to own for your entire life and pass down to your kids.

#50 10 years ago

I'd trade 2 used TSPP for a NIB Xmen LE!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Apple Valley, CA
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 45.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Ogden, UT
$ 45.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.