(Topic ID: 271973)

TSPP - will a PinSound board solve my "no sound" problem?

By lukerp

14 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by lukerp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 days ago

Hey all,

I have a TSPP that works just fine gameplay-wise, but the sound has been giving me fits. I've tried replacing the Atmel chip, burning ROMS, all this stuff. It's just grinding my gears. I could send it out for repair, but being in Canada, once shipping and exchange is factored in, it's almost into the realm of buying a new one.

So, this leads me to the PinSound boards. Do those require the sound on your game to be working for them to work, or do they completely offload the sound processing onto this separate board? If I can buy one of these and it completely cuts out the original sound, I think I'd be off to the races. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks in advance for your time.

#2 14 days ago

To follow up, in case anyone needs to know, I check directly with the manufacturer:

My message: I have a Simpsons Pinball Party that is currently having sound issues, and this has been causing me no end in problems. I am wondering if your board completely circumvents the onboard sound processing and ROMs, or if it requires the onboard sound to be working properly prior to installation? Thanks for your time.

Their response:

Hi Lukerp,

You're correct, the sound section of the CPU won't be used anymore, once
you've installed the PinSound+ sound board.

Let me know if I can help,
Nicolas

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside