Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Miniplayfield (resized).jpg
FCF535F3-D893-422A-9CCF-16B223D9A363 (resized).jpeg
4AB21518-C2F6-4A60-943D-F8622B656CC6 (resized).jpeg
image.jpg
TSPP VUK.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I've just bought a TSPP and as the title sugests the VUK often fails to get the ball onto the mini playfield, the ball seems to make it to the top deflector bracket/one way gate and fall back down. I took the mechanism apart today and all seems well, coil/sleeve etc all look fine. I thought about bending the little deflector bracket up a little to give a better deflection angle but it looks tight under the ramp.

Is this a common problem?

#2 10 years ago

Not sure about TSPP, but every once in a while other pins I have or have had do the same thing.

#3 10 years ago

I had the same problem. I adjusted the height of the wire ball guide just in front of the hole that the ball pops out of on the mini playfield. It has worked perfect ever since.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks xfassa, did you bend the bracket or just the wire gate?

#5 10 years ago

I didn't bend anything. There is a wire ball guide just in front of the out hole on the mini playfield. All I had to do was adjust the height of it.

TSPP VUK.JPGTSPP VUK.JPG

#6 10 years ago

ok thanks xfassa, I'll try that tomorrow.

#7 10 years ago

This rang a bell for me. I had a TSPP that had a one way gate on it instead of a little wire speed bump so to speak. The ball almost never made it to the top.

I had two holes where the little wire was supposed to go, I think I ended up just making one and sticking it in the hole and taking the one way gate off. Worked fine after that.

Do you actually have a one way gate, or do you have the little wire in the play field like in the picture?

Quoted from Kevlar:

seems to make it to the top deflector bracket/one way gate and fall back down.

#8 10 years ago

My TSPP is starting to do this. I'm taking notes guys =)

#9 10 years ago

Just occurred me.......make sure to check level and table angle before adjusting playfield parts.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Do you actually have a one way gate, or do you have the little wire in the play field like in the picture?

I have a one way gate mounted on the front of the deflector. I've fiddled with it and it hasn't improved things. I may try taking it off altogether and see what happens, I don't think it will be missed.

#11 10 years ago

Take the gate off, and install the wire speed bump. I believe this is it:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5373-00

My game was a German re-import, maybe the 1 way gate was an international thing but it didn't work at all.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Take the gate off, and install the wire speed bump. I believe this is it:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5373-00
My game was a German re-import, maybe the 1 way gate was an international thing but it didn't work at all.

When TSPP was first in production there were a lot of complaints about the VUK letting the balls fall back down. I believe the final fix was the wire speed bump, and also make sure your machine is running the latest software available. I think they did something where the software will vary the strength of the kick if it starts missing, or something like that.

I have a mid-production game and it has the speed bump and rarely has a problem. Although every once in a great while the ball will miss and have to be re-fired.

#13 10 years ago

Thanks jalpert/Viper/xfassa. Funnily enough there are also extra holes that could be for something like that in the little loop under the TV before the switch. Is that what its for?

What is this part for? is it to stop a ball going back down to the vuk from the mini playfield or is it to slow down a ball entering the playfield?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks jalpert/Viper/xfassa. Funnily enough there are also extra holes that could be for something like that in the little loop under the TV before the switch. Is that what its for?
What is this part for? is it to stop a ball going back down to the vuk from the mini playfield or is it to slow down a ball entering the playfield?

It is supposed to prevent the ball from rolling backwards back down the vuk if there were to be a little backspin on it. If the ball is really jumpy it's still possible for the ball to fall back down, or if it doesn't make it over the wire to begin with.

#15 10 years ago

Anyone know if there's supposed to be one of these little wires in the loop below the TV?

#16 10 years ago

I don't know what shot shot you are talking about, but I do believe the answer is no. The VUK lane on the mini is the only place that wire is used.

Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone know if there's supposed to be one of these little wires in the loop below the TV?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't know what shot shot you are talking about, but I do believe the answer is no. The VUK lane on the mini is the only place that wire is used.

In the little loop under the TV, there are 2 holes drilled and marked out in the mini playfield just as there are after the VUK entry onto the playfiled. I'm in work now but when I get a chance I'll snap a photo.

#18 10 years ago

Actually you can see what I'm talking about in this photo from Marcos;

image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 10 years ago

I can tell you that the wire that fits in the oval slot at the VUK is the only place that wire exists on the mini.

#20 10 years ago

I just wondered if some were fitted with it there too, mine is marked out for both but has neither. I've ordered one so hopefully my VUK can relax soon instead of working its nuts off :>

#21 10 years ago

it worked for me, remove the gate, tap in the wire, should be good.

Quoted from Kevlar:

I just wondered if some were fitted with it there too, mine is marked out for both but has neither. I've ordered one so hopefully my VUK can relax soon instead of working its nuts off :>

#22 10 years ago

My tspp occasionally has the same issue.
How do you adjust the height of the wire ball guide? I'm assuming I should lower it, so the ball gets kicked up over it easier?
Or should I raise it to keep the ball from falling back in?

#23 10 years ago

I'd clean up the VUK first. Take it apart, clean the plunger and replace the coil sleeve.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

My tspp occasionally has the same issue.

#24 10 years ago

I did that and put it back together to see if it would help. It's very clean HUO game so it's overall it's in near perfect condition.

#25 10 years ago

Is the vuk kicking straight? Is it hitting the metal at the top and falling back down or not even making it that far?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is the vuk kicking straight? Is it hitting the metal at the top and falling back down or not even making it that far?

It think it's kicking straight and strong. It looks like it hits the metal at the top and falls back in. It always hits the top of the metal. eventually, it will pop out to the uppper PF. I always assumed the metal on the top needed to be bent to angle the ball out more, but didn't do it because it is very strong and I thought i could do more harm.

4 years later
#27 5 years ago

Hey all, digging around to find some info on this issue, relise it's a old thread but someone may be able to add some tips to this issue, just got this pin & my VUK has been rebuilt & works strong, ball every now & then hits the metal deflector & drops down sometimes two attempts before it works, any tips would be helpful, TIA

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey all, digging around to find some info on this issue, relise it's a old thread but someone may be able to add some tips to this issue, just got this pin & my VUK has been rebuilt & works strong, ball every now & then hits the metal deflector & drops down sometimes two attempts before it works, any tips would be helpful, TIA

That’s actually normal behavior if it makes it in two attempts. Mine has done this from day one.

#29 5 years ago

The only time mine doesn't make it on the first try is when there are 2 balls in the VUK. It *should* work on the first try, but if it's always making it on the second, that's not TOO bad I guess. Nonetheless, I would heed the advice given earlier... level, pitch, remove gate if there, clean the mech, replace sleeve, lower the wire guide, have latest software, adjust deflector. Hope it works for ya.

1 year later
#30 4 years ago

I just brought my TSPP home yesterday and my upper left vuk wont make the turn onto the upper playfield. Same symptoms as mentioned here. It take 6-7 tries before it makes it. It has the bar at the bottom to prevent rollBack. But I did notice my bar has two little washers underneath it sandwhiched between the bar and the upper playfield which makes it taller. Is that normal??

Any help would be great.

#31 4 years ago

No washers should be there.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

No washers should be there.

My machine shows little to no sign of customization or alteration. I wonder if this was a custom fix attempt from the factory.
That Rollback bar doesn’t seem easy to adjust, remove or replace. And there are no signs of tampering or customization.

#33 4 years ago

Pics of washers

4AB21518-C2F6-4A60-943D-F8622B656CC6 (resized).jpeg4AB21518-C2F6-4A60-943D-F8622B656CC6 (resized).jpegFCF535F3-D893-422A-9CCF-16B223D9A363 (resized).jpegFCF535F3-D893-422A-9CCF-16B223D9A363 (resized).jpeg
#34 4 years ago

They are not supposed to be there. Page 94 of the manual.

Miniplayfield (resized).jpgMiniplayfield (resized).jpg
#35 4 years ago

Ugh. Well. That bar seems to be just hammered in...and if it is the part referenced from Marcos...it doesn’t look like it’s designed to come out easy. Any ideas?

#36 4 years ago

You can press out the bar from underneath the mini playfield, but you will need to remove the mini playfield first.

#37 4 years ago

Update. My VUK Y-Fork sensor was bent..causing the ball to not launch upward straightly. Replaced the sensor,good to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 218.00
$ 45.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-vuk-often-taking-several-attempts-to-get-ball-onto-mini-playfield?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.