Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by konghusker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scott2dot0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

With a budget of around $5-6.5k, I'm torn on what to go after. Theme-wise, I'm a HUGE Simpsons and TWD fan. I'd like to stay toward the lower end of the budget, but this will only be my second machine so I need something that will hold my interest (TS certainly has!). I've played all on location and enjoyed each one, but haven't had the chance to get too deep in any of them. Which would you choose?

Thanks!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

TSPP! Given the fact you mentioned wanting to stay at the low end of your budget it's really a no brainer. One of the best value pins out there.
If you want some more time on one let me know you can play mine, it has a color DMD too.

Thanks, buddy! I might just take you up on that! I'd love to see it in action with the color DMD.

#49 6 years ago

Thanks for all the insight! GB is definitely out. If I go with TWD, I think I'd go premium or I'd always be thinking about the missing features. While being financially responsible is certainly a factor, it seems that either will hold their value so it's more about parking the cash than spending it (at least I've convinced myself of that!). So it's between TSPP for somewhere around $4-5k or TWD Premium for ($6500ish). I love both themes, but am leaning toward TWD given the comments about I being intense, immersive, fast, etc. Tough call!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why is GB definitely out all the sudden? Have you ever played a GB Premium?

Only pro, but admittedly it kicked my ass and I didn't play it much. I'm not a die-hard fan, like I am of The Simpsons and TWD, but seeing as it's fairly new and popular, and around the same price range, I thought it should be on my short list. I think I'm comfortable excluding it, based on the feedback received, it unless a smoking deal comes my way.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, because variety is better. Different eras and different manufacturers feel different. Too much from one manufacturer seems too much like the same old crap with a different look. more variety you have, the more longevity you have. Many on pinside do not realize this.

I agree but as mentioned this would only be the second one that I have at this time and my other one is The Shadow, so I will be mixing it up in terms of era and manufacturer with just the three listed for consideration.

#116 6 years ago

I think I've decided that I must hunt down a TSPP and scrape my pennies together to get a TWD down the road. I've always had fun on TSPP, but never really had the chance to get deep into it. Glad to hear that there is so much depth to the game. I really appreciate all the insight!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

For me it's TWDLE/Prem then tspp and GB last. But there's light years between TWD and TSPP! Serious light years.
TSPP immerses you into the Simpsons but to get deep deep into that game you've got to play for hours. And to a certain extent that frustrates me playing a game for 30 minutes to see not much of it.
You play TWD for 30 minutes you've seen horde and probably another mini wizard mode. But I do love shorter playing games.

This is a really interesting comment that has me thinking. Sometimes a long game can be really rewarding, but I don't know that I want to stand at a machine for an hour at a time to get far into it.

#130 6 years ago

Fine, now someone sell me their TSPP in AZ.

1 week later
#133 6 years ago

As an update, I brought a nice TSPP home last week! The game is a blast and it's overwhelming how much there is to do in it. It's really a game that takes quite a bit of time to get deep into, but I suppose that's what people like about it. I'll reserve judgement until I've gotten to know it a bit better, but I'm still thinking about TWD. The two games would probably complement each other really well. TSPP when you want to focus on strategy and have time for a 30+ minute stop and go game, and TWD for when you want your ass kicked in an intense, flowing, fast game. If only space and money were easier to come by! Thanks again for all the insight!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scott2dot0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-vs-twd-prem-vs-gb-prem-small-collection-1?tu=scott2dot0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.