Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by konghusker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

I'd choose TWD for it's awesomeness (great overall package with epic coding) and being a tougher shorter game-time pin. These are my general play style preferences too.

I'd chose TSPP if I wanted a longer game time pin with more stop and go. Long game-time pins just don't suit my preferences (and time) as much. Although I do like to have variety in a collection, so a long game-time pin, while a minority in my collection, is still nice to have.

GB for me is like TWD but with less awesomeness.

GL OP. There is no wrong answer, just personal preferences. Each one of those pins has its fans.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

Thanks for all the insight! GB is definitely out. If I go with TWD, I think I'd go premium or I'd always be thinking about the missing features. While being financially responsible is certainly a factor, it seems that either will hold their value so it's more about parking the cash than spending it (at least I've convinced myself of that!). So it's between TSPP for somewhere around $4-5k or TWD Premium for ($6500ish). I love both themes, but am leaning toward TWD given the comments about I being intense, immersive, fast, etc. Tough call!

TWD Prem/LE is worth it for sure to most people. Overall, it handily as well as significantly wins the ratings over the Pro. There is a lot to love from its added features. And TWD Prem/LE has one of the most significant added-feature sets from Stern over the pro. The ability to have multiple sound packages is amazing too. From multiple actor versions and alternate music versions (even now a grateful dead), no other pin has so much in enthusiast supported options available. The TWD club has been the best one I've been involved in; a great bunch of supporting members.

Quoted from delt31:

Really amazed at the love for TWD. Can someone explain what I'm missing? I don't like the show btw but I do think the theme is cool. Enlighten me!

It has a unique layout for a newer pin and may be some of the best coding ever. If you are good enough to get over the difficulty this pin is so much fun to play. Its modular coding and play encourages varied approaches that are equally rewarding and keep it fresh. So much depth and variety to see and explore. Add in great theme integration with modes (e.g., CDC, tunnel, BG, Barn, WW, Prison, Riot, Horde, Terminus, Last man standing), visuals, lighting, sounds, and intensity and you have what many are rating and calling a great pin. It's the spiritual successor to MET, and both Lyman and Borg have mentioned how it has been one of their favorites. Watch some game play videos, I think its appeal comes out nicely there. Watch horde mode for example. The best mode in all of pinball imo. And that is just one of many parts.

And still, it isn't for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok I played pro and wasn't impressed maybe le/prem will be next

If it was on location, either version of TWD can be brutal. Try a well-setup home pin to see what it can really offer. That means some of the little things people harp on will not be an issue, such as a clunky left ramp or stdm drains from the magnets or pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
15,699 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-vs-twd-prem-vs-gb-prem-small-collection-1?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.