Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by konghusker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Sure it did
If I remember correctly in a chat with Steve he stated that he likes to design the pro first and then add to it for the other levels. Granted that was before GOT. ST is a prime example of this. Most of the added stuff have nothing to do with gameplay. That's not a bash on ST either. All 3 models are great. But the stuff added was absolutely for perceived value, otherwise they can't charge more.

That's NOT proving that Steve just added more bling to raise the cost for buyers and prop up the game for pinball manufactures. You have to actually have proof he did that and his interview said nothing of the sort.

"Like to" for features and to make the game more fun is one thing. Just adding to make a profit is another.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

No you didn't. I asked him to PROVE that fact and you didn't even address that with facts. You just went off on some other tangent about why games are expensive which is pretty much this entire thread. I couldn't care less about why games are getting more expensive. I asked him to prove that designers are adding bling just to make the price of the games go higher. Has zero to do with your post.

Your not serious are you? Have you seen a BM66LE or BM66SLE? Believe whatever you want, if it's not obvious to you then no amount of discussion will change that. I also said nothing about the price of games so at least read a response before you quote it and respond.

OP, hope you have found a game. People love and hate all 3 so your opinion is the only one that will really matter.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Your not serious are you? Have you seen a BM66LE or BM66SLE? Believe whatever you want, if it's not obvious to you then no amount of discussion will change that.
OP, hope you have found a game. People love and hate all 3 so your opinion is the only one that will really matter.

Dude, no offense but you're thick headed. PROVE designers want to do this. You can't. Maybe Gary Stern does but designers said no such thing.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Dude, no offense but you're thick headed. PROVE designers want to do this. You can't. Maybe Gary Stern does but designers said no such thing.

So you believe Gomez did not add some fluff to BM66 to charge more? There's nothing to prove. Either you believe it or you don't. Some things are common sense though.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So you believe Gomez did not add some fluff to BM66 to charge more? There's nothing to prove. Either you believe it or you don't. Some things are common sense though.

No once again that's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying, you can't prove it.

He came out and made a blanket statement of which he could not prove. Then you come along with your "Oh either you believe it or you don't" quote which has nothing to do with anything.

Just quit while your behind.

#106 7 years ago

If you want to invest time in the machine, choose TSPP. I have had different haters of TSPP here in my gameroom that - after some explanation of the game - liked it. Even so much that one of the haters bought one and another wants mine, which will most likely never happen.

I had TWD and GB and they both left, but the TSPP will stay until the very end. I will never beat the game, but it will also never get boring.

#107 7 years ago

so I have to correct myself - played some more TWD and I'm starting to feel it. Big problem though is the terrible actor doing the voiceovers (country guy) - sounds bad. I know there is a lot of custom sound available. Do they correct this guy and if so, example of it?

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I have to correct myself - played some more TWD and I'm starting to feel it. Big problem though is the terrible actor doing the voiceovers (country guy) - sounds bad. I know there is a lot of custom sound available. Do they correct this guy and if so, example of it?

The stern hillbilly is still used for a few very game specific call outs. Everything else is replaced by actor callouts that fit timing very well. Lots of up to date stuff with the saviors is added as well. An Example is when you get a high score Carl typically says "I win". When you suck Carol tells you to "look at the flowers" from the scene that she shoots the little girl in the back of the head. Lots of Negan talking about Lucille, etc.

#109 7 years ago

ok thanks. Any good videos to showcase this?

#110 7 years ago

TSPP is IMO by far the best of those three. IMO, it's top 3 modern Stern. Total programming genius. Interesting playfield that is used well and insane depth that allows for a lot of variety. So many sub-wizard modes that you can play it differently depending on what you want to do that game. I've never sniffed the ultimate wizard mode so I have fun trying to complete one or two of the others.

Total package which is hard to say about many pins.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

TSPP is IMO by far the best of those three. IMO, it's top 3 modern Stern. Total programming genius. Interesting playfield that is used well and insane depth that allows for a lot of variety. So many sub-wizard modes that you can play it differently depending on what you want to do that game. I've never sniffed the ultimate wizard mode so I have fun trying to complete one or two of the others.
Total package which is hard to say about many pins.

And this sums it up completely.....plus Op said he likes Simpson's theme....sort of a no brainer....

#112 7 years ago

TSPP is amazing. Get it.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

TSPP is amazing. Get it.

agreed

I had played Tspp in the past didn't really get it. But as I have become a better player and can understand the rules much better Tspp and LotR have risen to the top for me.

http://pinball.org/rules/simpsonspinballparty.txt

TWD also has amazing rules too.

#114 7 years ago

If you can handle the theme and sound effects it sounds like Simpsons no brainer

#115 7 years ago

I own TWdle and GBLe. I also have owned TSPP. One more of my favorite pins is TWD. I like be the flow, how the theme works well with the play and the look.

If you entertain a lot you may want to consider TSPP. I think it draws more play from non players.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices.

#116 7 years ago

I think I've decided that I must hunt down a TSPP and scrape my pennies together to get a TWD down the road. I've always had fun on TSPP, but never really had the chance to get deep into it. Glad to hear that there is so much depth to the game. I really appreciate all the insight!

#117 7 years ago

cantbfrank - thoughts on TWDLE vs GBLE?

#118 7 years ago

For me it's TWDLE/Prem then tspp and GB last. But there's light years between TWD and TSPP! Serious light years.

TSPP immerses you into the Simpsons but to get deep deep into that game you've got to play for hours. And to a certain extent that frustrates me playing a game for 30 minutes to see not much of it.

You play TWD for 30 minutes you've seen horde and probably another mini wizard mode. But I do love shorter playing games.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

For me it's TWDLE/Prem then tspp and GB last. But there's light years between TWD and TSPP! Serious light years.
TSPP immerses you into the Simpsons but to get deep deep into that game you've got to play for hours. And to a certain extent that frustrates me playing a game for 30 minutes to see not much of it.
You play TWD for 30 minutes you've seen horde and probably another mini wizard mode. But I do love shorter playing games.

This is a really interesting comment that has me thinking. Sometimes a long game can be really rewarding, but I don't know that I want to stand at a machine for an hour at a time to get far into it.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

This is a really interesting comment that has me thinking. Sometimes a long game can be really rewarding, but I don't know that I want to stand at a machine for an hour at a time to get far into it.

I used to love LOTR when I owned it and sold it years ago and wanted one back. Played it a couple of years after I sold it and whilst it's a fantastic game it's like TSPP, WOZ and TH they're all Keith games and they're all deep as all get out and take a while to get even into the beginnings of the game.

I played a 40min game on TH and just wanted to drain out... If you play a 40min game on TWD or IM you sure as hell know you've been playing for 40min and you've gotten somewhere! Hell if you play for 10 min you're doing awesome!

Remember these are all my opinions. Take into consideration what you enjoy in pinball and go from there.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

In 30 min you should be able to see most of the main stuff in TSPP. You can stack everything - if you concentrate you can get every mode going at once...and couch & I&S Multiball!

#123 7 years ago

TWD > GB > TSPP

Multipliers, multikills, siege, terminus, blood bath, last man standing, x champs, horde

best risk vs award game out there and well balanced!

#124 7 years ago

Just got to alien invasion last night on my new TSPP. What a blast. My vote goes to TSPP for such a change of pace. You can buy a TWD anytime down the road, but you won't find a huo TSPP everyday. Get a TSPP if possible, and save for a TWD later. They will totally compliment each other well. BTW, most my TSPP games are short to average in time, but the longer games like last night started opening a lot up and I wanted to keep going.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

Don't need an hour to enjoy it or get into some of the mode stacking.....gazillion shots, great callouts, and a deep game make for a good experience.....I've had a blast in the 20 minute range, getting pretty far......buy it!!!

#127 6 years ago

I feel a lot of the hate TSPP gets is from people that don't understand the game well enough. The game takes so long to fully click for people that I can see why. Playing it on location or at someone else's house and understanding the basic strategy simply isn't enough for this title. The reality is there is no "basic strategy" since every single shot you take or mode you have active will change the way you should be playing. The rules are incredibly well written and balanced which means the various ways to play are almost limitless with the genius stacking it has. I've owned mine now for a few years, played at least hundreds of games likely thousands, high scores are north of 400 mil, beaten all the mini wizard modes and almost had SDMEWM a couple times, and I'm still amazed by it and finding new ways to approach it.

At the end of the day it's pinball and everyone has a different style of game that's right for them. It won't be for everyone. It isn't a game for casual players and guests at my house don't tend to like it so keep that in mind. I'm sure there are also people that fully understand the game and simply don't like that style of play. I say take any review with a grain of salt but this title in particular. People need to invest quite a few games (100+) in a home environment as well as reading the ruleset multiple times before this game really begins to open up to a whole new level. If you invest the time to learn the game and it's the strategic style of game you prefer than this game is the king yet to be dethroned.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I feel a lot of the hate TSPP gets is from people that don't understand the game well enough. The game takes so long to fully click for people that I can see why.

Very true. I just realized the different awards for Treehouse of Horror. Very clever. Tons of things to do. I think the modes are a little convoluted too, because the hurry ups mask everything.

Without the hurry ups, the game would be better, honestly.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Very true. I just realized the different awards for Treehouse of Horror. Very clever. Tons of things to do. I think the modes are a little convoluted too, because the hurry ups mask everything.
Without the hurry ups, the game would be better, honestly.

It's all part of a much bigger web though. To remove that would change a ton of other things. The hurry ups factor into the strategy as much as any other part of the game. Their effect on which skill shot you should be taking, their "hidden awards" (for locks, i&s, extra ball, etc), their stacking, when you want to start secret stash, etc all play into the strategy.

From what I gather most people's complaints about the hurry ups are to do with the repetitive music, which makes sense. That can get tiring because it seems to always take priority so it seems like it's always running.

#130 6 years ago

Fine, now someone sell me their TSPP in AZ.

#131 6 years ago

my super late vote is for TWD

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

Fine, now someone sell me their TSPP in AZ.

In my Mr. Burns voice with twiddling fingers-"Excellent". Lol. Great choice. Good luck on hunting for one.

1 week later
#133 6 years ago

As an update, I brought a nice TSPP home last week! The game is a blast and it's overwhelming how much there is to do in it. It's really a game that takes quite a bit of time to get deep into, but I suppose that's what people like about it. I'll reserve judgement until I've gotten to know it a bit better, but I'm still thinking about TWD. The two games would probably complement each other really well. TSPP when you want to focus on strategy and have time for a 30+ minute stop and go game, and TWD for when you want your ass kicked in an intense, flowing, fast game. If only space and money were easier to come by! Thanks again for all the insight!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

The two games would probably complement each other really well

This is exactly true. I love tspp when I feel like being more strategic or just having fun. My Metallica or acdc are great for a couple quick ass kicks and I'm happy. Nice to have a couple different style games. Congrats on a great find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 103.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-vs-twd-prem-vs-gb-prem-small-collection-1/page/3?hl=scott2dot0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.