Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by n1teowl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG20161018192551 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm looking for advice on what machine would be the best for me in my current situation. I listed those three because I like them all. I'm considering TSPP to be around 4000-4500, ST Pro to be 5K NIB, and LOTR to be about 5500. I'm mainly concerned about resale value, as I don't keep my games forever. It would be cool to get my first NIB, but I feel that the resale value would immediately drop as soon as I open the box. Barring something like a remake, I feel that the other two would hold their value and may even continue to increase. What do you think is the best value? What will hold it's value the best? What is the best for a two machine collection? Thanks for your input!

#2 3 years ago

Bump - any ideas?

#11 3 years ago

Thanks for the great summary. It's nice to hear from someone who has first hand experience with all three machines. The good news is that it sounds like I'll be happy with any of these three. I think I'll look for a LOTR or TSPP at a good price and I'll also keep a look out for a used Star Trek Pro with mods to see if it will help retain some of the value. I'll likely get whichever I find first at a good price.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I think this is the absolutely wrong mentality in regards to pinball. I won't go into a whole spiel here but this is just the wrong way to approach the situation.

I understand your viewpoint, but since I rotate them out fairly frequently I can't afford to lose a few hundred dollars every time I sell one. I'm not trying to make money on these, but I am trying to find games that I enjoy that I can recoup my costs on to roll into the next purchase. I really just love pinball and I'm not set on a particular game that I'm going to keep forever.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'll be damned. I have these three sitting side by side. I consider LOTR and TSPP to be the absolute pinnacle of WhiteStar glory. They are legendary machines and only get really separated by your desire for the theme. I could not rate one over the other, but would put them together at the top of a very big heap of other machines. They can be work to get through though. So depends on if you like that or not.
ST is buried in that heap somewhere. It's fun, for sure, but I could let it go easily. Good luck with your decision. How wrong can you really be in the end, whatever you choose?

That is really cool that you have all three lined up in a row. I'm jealous! I'd be happy with just one.

#26 3 years ago

I am unfortunately about as far as physically possible from you. I'm in Seattle. Sounds like a great machine, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baldwin, NY
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plymouth, MN
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Farmington Hills, MI
$ 1,000.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside