Topic poll

“TSPP vs Ghostbusters Pro vs Iron Maiden Pro”

• TSPP $4700 26 votes
    34%
  • Iron Maiden $5000 40 votes
    52%
  • GB Pro $5400 11 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 77 votes by 76 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

which would you rather have, considering TSPP is 4700, GB is 5400, Iron Maiden at 5000

#2 4 years ago

Maiden pro. I owned one. Only sold it because not into music but best pro for a long time.

#3 4 years ago

TSPP is my most fun game. Lots to do. May never get to the end which is OK. Never leavings. Love the callouts.
GB is alright but did not want to go back and play it again. Lights were too bright among other things.

#4 4 years ago

TSPP super fun, but (IMO) Maiden is more modern with LCD display and better sound.

Maiden
TSPP

GB

#5 4 years ago

Id go Maiden but Ive seen them for sale at 4500-4700. I like my GB pro but definitely not at 5400 bucks. TSPP is fun too, but out of the 3 games I say Maiden is the best all around game.

#6 4 years ago

Iron Maiden

#7 4 years ago

tspp Pure stern gold right there.

#8 4 years ago

The Simpsons was one of the only shows I cared about as a kid. I loved Ghostbusters and watched it many times. I don't listen to Iron Maiden.

And yet..it's an easy decision. Iron Maiden.

(TSPP is more stop and go than I like, and feels like a lot of chopping wood. Spend most of your time going to the upper playfield. Ghostbusters is vastly improved with the new code, but it's full of cheap drains (some of which can be mitigated), doesn't have super satisfying shots, and doesn't make me want to play it over and over).

#9 4 years ago

I thought Maiden was too simple. Playfield looks barren. Ok to play but TSPP is more fun.

Play them all and pick the one that you like best.

#10 4 years ago

TSPP, it has the deepest rule set of the three and great theme integration. IMDN is a fun pin but the music would wear thin in a home environment. GB would be an easy pass for me, even with Dwight and Stern being kind enough to update the code years after release.

#11 4 years ago

Owned all three, IM by far, but the other two are great as well.

#12 4 years ago

Maiden awesome fast layout with great coding. TSPP is a close second as it's jam packed with cool toys and a super deep rule set.

#13 4 years ago

Had all three. Maiden wins hands down. Many ways to play that pin. Simpson’s is fun in spurts but the gameplay gets tedious after a while. Ghostbusters is ok, but is the weakest of the bunch.

#14 4 years ago

I currently own Maiden but have owned TSPP in the past, honestly I'd say TSPP is better overall. Maiden is good, just not TSPP good. People above are right that it can be long, probably too long sometimes, but there are a lot of games that shoot similar to Maiden, nothing is similar to TSPP. It also has clear rules and objectives, I find that Maiden along with some other recent Sterns do a poor job of actually separating things when they're going on at the same time.

#15 4 years ago

Maiden all day. I’ve owned TSPP 3 times. Everyone says it’s so great. Thought maybe I was dense. Nope...not a good game.

Ghostbusters pro...eeeewwwwww

Go with Maiden. Seriously awesome game.

#16 4 years ago

Gotta agree with everyone else. I owned TSPP for a couple years and loved it, but the games were too long (sometimes 30 minutes long) and I was the only person figure out what to do. I’d go with Maiden.

#17 4 years ago

GB Pro. New code, great theme for a pinball machine, best artwork, best call outs and smooth gameplay. Music doesn’t wear on you like Maiden or Simpsons. Add carrot flippers if you wish to decrease SDTM drains.

#18 4 years ago

Difficult choice between IMDN and TSPP..
Would want to own either one of those if I had the money.
Played a lot of GB too, but imo it's the least fun of the 3.

#19 4 years ago

Maiden then GB, the other one. Nah. TSPP like Tron for some reason gets all this love but I never got it. Then again if u love that show which I assume most in the pinball crowd do then I guess it makes sense.

#20 4 years ago

Maiden plays faster than tspp. They're both deep and will keep you entertained forever. Prices seem fair and you can't go wrong with either. I don't own Ghostbusters and haven't played with the new code, so i'll withhold my opinion on that one.

#21 4 years ago

Had im premium and gb pro. I would get gb. New code fixes a lot. Funner games, more going on in it

#22 4 years ago

I’d buy whichever theme you like better, all are good games. If I had to rank it would be tspp>IMDN>gb. There’s just so much to see in tspp and so many unique things. Ball times can be long, but i enjoy every minute of it.

#23 4 years ago

1 Maiden
2 TSPP
3 GB

#24 4 years ago

No poll?

#25 4 years ago

poll added

#26 4 years ago

Does the Tspp include a color DMD. That’s another $400 and very worthwhile mod.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does the Tspp include a color DMD. That’s another $400 and very worthwhile mod.

No, it's not the tspp on pinside

#28 4 years ago

TSPP by far ! Fun, rich, fast. Once you get the rules right and know what to hit when, it’s not so much of a stop and go game, most of the modes are designed to encourage a fast play.
That being said the games are long, the outlanes are very forgiving and the game is light enough to nudge.

All together the game has a lot of depth, different strategies and new things to discover even after many plays.

#29 4 years ago

looks like this race is coming down to the wire between TSPP and Iron Maiden Pro

#30 4 years ago

Both great. But different.... for me, Simpsons theme for the win.

#31 4 years ago

Iron Maiden > Simpsons > Ghostbusters

#32 4 years ago

Want to love TSPP but never really clicked with me either. It's fun but don't want to keep playing like Maiden. I don't care for the music but fantastic game. Rules are pretty easy to pick up and it just feels designed for the player. GB wore out it's welcome long ago. Great theme but gameplay not so great.

#33 4 years ago

Feel like I should vote for Simpsons but just could never get into it. Own maiden and GB and maiden is the shit and never leaving!

#34 4 years ago

Close but TSPP for the win.

#35 4 years ago

IMDN easy on this one for me. No love for the music but the game is just awesome.
I find the TSPP super annoying but appreciate it's a super deep game.

GB pro is also a pinball machine produced by Stern.

#36 4 years ago

All 3 are top-end games, so I don't think you can go wrong regardless.
TSPP has stood the test of time. It is insanely deep (great for home use), and the lowest priced of the 3.
This is an easy call for me.

#37 4 years ago

Bottom line is there is a lock for every key. Buy what you like and you will never go wrong. Find a place and play them all. Some games may drive you crazy even though they get lots of love here.

BTW There is no accounting for taste. One of my favorite games is road kings. lol
[i still say tspp] not that anyone cares. lol [big bang theory reference]

plus its a whitestar game. Darn near bullit proof.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

which would you rather have, considering TSPP is 4700, GB is 5400, Iron Maiden at 5000

where are these $4700 tspp's at and these $5400 gb?

#39 4 years ago

I can't see GB costing that much unless it's got color DMD.

#40 4 years ago

Look at the rules for TSPP... and this is just part of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9hwkgrsiu959v/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.1.pdf?dl=0

Uploading the PDF to Pinside fails, so sorry for the external link.

Anyway, if you’re looking for a pin that will take a while to complete, I can’t see a choice other than TSPP.

#42 4 years ago

I own a GB and a TSPP. I think TSPP is objectively a better game than GB. However, I am definitely more compelled to play GB. Probably because of the shorter games. This was even before the new code. The new GB code is overall much better than it was, but I definitely think they took away some of the strategic choices. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three and none of them feel like cookie cutter games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-vs-ghostbusters-pro?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.