Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Sorry for such a basic question, but what is the procedure to remove the upper playfield? I need to replace one of the lock bulbs. I see two thumb screws in the front and I think there is a third one, but don't see it. Do I need to lift the playfield to get to it. Once the thumb screws are removed does the field lift right off to give access to the bulbs? Thanks

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry for such a basic question, but what is the procedure to remove the upper playfield? I need to replace one of the lock bulbs. I see two thumb screws in the front and I think there is a third one, but don't see it. Do I need to lift the playfield to get to it. Once the thumb screws are removed does the field lift right off to give access to the bulbs? Thanks

Three thumb screws. third one should be behind the ramp on the far upper left of the mini playfield. I had the wireforms off when I took mine off. Might have to do that as well. Rest I believe is just the connectors underneath.
Also I would unplug connector to TV and watch out for the GI lamps on the backboard. Possibly take those out first before lifting.

#3 11 years ago

Yes pull the playfield up and out to give you better access. Didn't need to take the wireforms off on mine. Definitely take the backboard lightbulbs out. If all you need is to replace a bulb, you should be able to lift the upper playfield up and tilt it back enough to reach the lock bulbs. If you need to pull it out all of the way, you'll need to cut some of the zip ties and disconnect some connectors underneath. Careful not to pinch the diodes underneath when you put it back on.

3 weeks later
#4 11 years ago

Just got around to doing this, a bit of a PIA. I loosened the three thumbscrews and lifted the playfield while tilting it back. It's a very tight squeeze to get your hand in there to pull out the 555. After about 15 mins of wriggling, finally got it out and replaced it. The monitor wires had enough slack in them that I didn't need to remove the connector. Didnt need to remove the backlights either. I think to really get good access, you might need to remove the back of the playfield so that you can tilt the mini PF higher.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-upper-playfield-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.