Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CucamongaDrew
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Main flippers work fine, but upper right and right upper playfield aren't going when the right button is pressed. I think the solenoids are OK for these, they're just not getting triggered to go at the push of the button. Any suggestions on this?

Note: When you shoot the right loop and the machine does the right upper flipper to indicate that shot is coming, the flipper goes. It almost seems as if control of that flipper isn't coming back after the machine triggers it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from CucamongaDrew:

Main flippers work fine, but upper right and right upper playfield aren't going when the right button is pressed. I think the solenoids are OK for these, they're just not getting triggered to go at the push of the button. Any suggestions on this?
Note: When you shoot the right loop and the machine does the right upper flipper to indicate that shot is coming, the flipper goes. It almost seems as if control of that flipper is coming back after the machine triggers it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

When you put the game into Switch Test mode, and press the flipper buttons in, does it register all four switches?

Left Upper, Left Lower, Right Upper, Right Lower

RM

#3 2 years ago

Might want to check your flipper button switches. I know on my TSPP if I press the button half way, only the lower flipper fires. Full press of the button and the upper flippers fire. I believe there are 2 switches behind the right flipper button. Maybe your upper flipper switch came loose.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Might want to check your flipper button switches. I know on my TSPP if I press the button half way, only the lower flipper fires. Full press of the button and the upper flippers fire. I believe there are 2 switches behind the right flipper button. Maybe your upper flipper switch came loose.

Yes, it does have two switches, and I checked that. Looks good, makes solid contact, so I don't think its the switch itself.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I haven't tried this yet, I will this evening.

When you press the button, both the upper right flippers twitch slightly at the press of the button, they just don't swing out.

#6 2 years ago

What happens in switch test mode when you hit buttons? That would be first thing to check as a previous poster mentioned.

#7 2 years ago

Nothing happens in switch test mode when I hit the flipper buttons.

When I press the start button it says grn-vio wht-blu #54, so the switch test works, but nothing happens with either flipper button.

Thanks again.

#8 2 years ago

Check your wire connections throughout all the flippers. Check for continuity from upper flippers to flipper button switch. Sounds like a broken or weak connection.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from CucamongaDrew:

Nothing happens in switch test mode when I hit the flipper buttons.
When I press the start button it says grn-vio wht-blu #54, so the switch test works, but nothing happens with either flipper button.
Thanks again.

Open the backbox and look at connector CN6 on the Whitestar CPU/Sound board. Remove and re-seat that connector and make sure it's tight and the wires are all intact. (Power OFF, of course)

That connector has the flipper button switch wires on it.

If the CPU board cannot see the flipper button switches close, it can't know to fire the flippers.

RM

#10 2 years ago

After trying all of your suggestions, flippers started working properly again.

Thank you so much for all the guidance, it was greatly appreciated as we were able to play this past weekend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Valencia, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
5,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
£ 80.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside