• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dr_Gonzo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hello,

I have had this pinball for many years. For the first time I am having problems with it. At the start of every game, two balls are placed in the shooter ramp. Also at times the flippers stop working even when the ball is still in play. Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

#2 2 years ago

Ball trough switch issue. I'd start by reseating the connectors on the small opto boards ate the end of the ball trough, or remove them and reflow the solder on the optos and the pins the connectors plug onto.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:Ball trough switch issue. I'd start by reseating the connectors on the small opto boards ate the end of the ball trough, or remove them and reflow the solder on the optos and the pins the connectors plug onto.
LTG : )

Yep,I had the same exact problem a couple of months ago on my Metallica. One of the wires on one of the trough switches came off and needed to be resoldered.

#4 2 years ago

Also make sure you have the correct number of balls in it. If there are more than the game calls for it will do strange things.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Also make sure you have the correct number of balls in it. If there are more than the game calls for it will do strange things.

Funny you should mention that. After I soldered the wire back to the trough switch,a couple of days later,I decided to center the plunger tip. I forgot that I grabbed an extra ball from my desk,for centering the plunger tip. When I started the game up it kicked out two balls,and I thought that my first problem was back. After checking the wire I solder the previous day, I realized that I had too many balls in the game.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Antiquecollector:

Hello,
I have had this pinball for many years. For the first time I am having problems with it. At the start of every game, two balls are placed in the shooter ramp. Also at times the flippers stop working even when the ball is still in play. Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Problem resolved. Somehow I had 6 balls in the game instead of 5. Removed one ball and problem is solved. Thanks to everyone that responded. Great to be part of this community

#7 2 years ago

The mystery of the extra ball solved. It came from under Bart. There is a captured pinball under his skate board and somehow it got “un captured”

Thanks again everyone for your great input

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Antiquecollector:

The mystery of the extra ball solved. It came from under Bart. There is a captured pinball under his skate board and somehow it got “un captured”
Thanks again everyone for your great input

That captured ball should not have come out. Did you put it back in under Bart? Something is not right here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 218.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
7,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Decals
Gotfrogs
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-two-balls-being-kicked-into-shooter-lane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.