• Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

twosides.gif
#1 12 years ago

I have played tspp a few times and liked it, but never got to see what people talk about it being so deep in rule set. I have the chance to pick one up for 3,000 and wondered if I would be able to get my money back or make a few bucks, if I don't decide to keep it. What do you guys think?

#2 12 years ago

What are we supposed to do just make some guesses? Condition is everything. If the game is in reasonable shape 3k sounds about right for a routed game.

If you want to make a few bucks, maybe just get a normal job.

#3 12 years ago

It is massively deep. As in, the next deepest game is still only about as half as deep as TSPP. Go read the rule sheet at ipdb if you have a few hours to kill.

$3k is a very good price and you should never get rid of it. It will make you a better player, no matter what your skill level.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It will make you a better player, no matter what your skill level.

+1!
The colorful theme/PF invites you in, while the rulesheet/gameplay steals your wallet and slaps your grandmother across the face!

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

The colorful theme/PF invites you in, while the rulesheet/gameplay steals your wallet and slaps your grandmother across the face!

lol....?

#6 12 years ago

What I was getting at was...

twosides.giftwosides.gif

"TWO SIDES!!!!!!!"

#7 12 years ago

A routed game with typical wear is probably a break-even proposition. If you like the theme it is a no-brainer. Most average players(myself included) will probably never see everything the game has to offer. Every serious collection needs this machine IMO.

#8 12 years ago

I'd say go for it, unless it’s beat up. If you decide not to, let me know and I'll be happy to pick it up. I wouldn’t mind adding one to my collection.

#9 12 years ago

If not worn, you will easily get at least $3200 for it. I owned one, and while deep, bored me. I may be in the majority, but flippers and playfield felt cheap and toyish in construction. Sound package missing the women and audible not that great. Rules deep and cool. But not enough to save the game in my house. Again, opinions vary but nice price.

#10 12 years ago

lol @ nimble....that definitely paints an interesting picture, especially since I'm going to see my grandma today.

Good feedback atomic and nimble! You guys make me want it asap. I'm gunna go check out the ruleset, I usually look at a PF and decide, but a game this deep, the rules should be checked out.

Pinbot, that was a pretty useless post...no reason to post if you don't like the question.

Thanks again guys! Got some research to do. Tough part is I may have to sell my wh2o to keep tspp long term, but it sounds like it may be worth it!

#11 12 years ago

You could sell the wh2o to me and go get the TSPP.

#12 12 years ago

I got tired of waiting for a decent WH2O, so I picked up a TSPP a month ago based on everyone's praise. I think it is a decent pin, but I really wish I had waited for White Water. I guess once I figure out everything to do, it might seem better.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from postermen:

I guess once I figure out everything to do, it might seem better.

indeed, seriously, read the rule sheet, you will be blown away.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 12 years ago

I picked up one for 3K, it needed to be totally shopped, all bulbs replaced, minor wear around flipper buttons, new plunger rod, rubbers, coil sleeves and various flipper parts. Itchy and Scratchy hole is fine.

Just shooting around isn't much fun on this game, you really do need to know what you are doing and how to do it. Some game you can just walk up to a get a feel for what to do after a game or two. TSPP is too complex if you want to get the most out of it. When all else fails just shoot the garage door and start modes and lock balls, but there is so much more to do on this game. I feel the same way when I play a TZ. I feel lost and not sure what it is that I am trying to do. If I had one and learned the rules I am sure it would be a totally different game.

As for getting some cash back if you sell it... I'm thinking you would be closer to breaking even. Figure rubbers, cliffy protector, lights, flipper rebuild if they need it, metal side rails to hide button wear, replace a ramp or the couch, get a few decals and other misc. stuff and you would be right about at the top of the routed price point. Plus add in your time. You shouldn't loose any money on it, but I don't think you will make any either. If you can clean it up and enjoy it then sell it for what you put into it I would do it.

#15 12 years ago

Bigdaddy, maybe I trade you the wh2o for the lotr you have

Good info guys, thanks! Mes, thanks for the specifics! Hopefully, it is as described in ad...which is very good.

#16 12 years ago

jtimmons,Here's an average of some sales as recorded in their database.Condition,Location,How bad you want it and so forth is always the main reasons for a purchase.

#17 12 years ago

jtimmons-I'm not ready to let that one go yet. Haven't even got taba But seriously, if you decide to sell your w2o, I would be interested.

Good luck on the TSPP.

#18 12 years ago

I paid $2,800 for mine last year - routed. Very little work needed though.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Sound package missing the women and audible not that great.

I'm a big TSPP fan, but this is the one thing that has always bugged me about the game. How can you have a Simpsons game without any quotes from Lisa or Marge?

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm a big TSPP fan, but this is the one thing that has always bugged me about the game. How can you have a Simpsons game without any quotes from Lisa or Marge?

Agreed. Bugged me so much it was hard to overcome. Rules are deep and cool game for Simpsons fan (love reverse flippers mode) but the sound package was so lacking to me it added to the toy feeling. One of best rulesets though.

#21 12 years ago

Wait for Stern LE!

#22 12 years ago

I got a guy offering me a HUO TSPP for $3900 with 250+ plays on it. Good deal??

#23 12 years ago

Only if you want it that badly KwiKi!
That is moving into "emotional buying" for that price...
I would say $3500 would be the high water mark for that pin.
There are usually more floating around CL for $3K-$3,300 in similar condition.

Good luck if you do score it though!

#24 12 years ago

I just sold a HUO Simps for $3400 with 435 plays. It was flawless. It was a good guy friend sale and I know I could have got more but that's not the point.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Only if you want it that badly KwiKi!
That is moving into "emotional buying" for that price...
I would say $3500 would be the high water mark for that pin.
There are usually more floating around CL for $3K-$3,300 in similar condition.

Good luck if you do score it though!

For HUO??? Not where I'm from... lucky you

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

For HUO??? Not where I'm from... lucky you

Seriously!
There was almost a month straight that there were TSPP HUO's popping up that went from $2800-$3500 with similar plays!
I didn't have the cash at the time, I would have pounced easily on those deals!
Would $4300 sound better as the "National" high HUO watermark then, AB?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-thoughts-3k-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.