tspp mod schematic (resized).jpg
tspp resistor install (resized).jpg
20170120_145519 (resized).jpg
20170120_143055 (resized).jpg
IMG_1462 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170112-021448 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-06-17-01-41-41_(resized).png
Screenshot_2016-06-17-01-41-09_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sed6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Lots of speaker hum threads here and none seem to show a good fix. My TSPP has been humming in attract mode since day one. Of course it's not noticible during play, but when the room's quite the hum or buzz drives me nuts. Some reading here and some googlefoo lead to to RGP where there are several fixes, some dating back 12-13 years. I went with the adjustable pot mod and this completely eliminated my speaker hum. Check out the vid below for how I did it and the see (hear) the results.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks! Dunno. Here's the two main sources I drew my info from. You might need to view the desktop version of the google one if you're on a mobile device to get to the thread instead of a search window.

http://thepaisleys.azurewebsites.net/paisleypinball/monopoly/eliminate_backbox_hum_and_buzz.htm

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/tspp$20speaker$20pot/rec.games.pinball/RiqCixRjptI/c3jTUzOgqdYJ

#9 8 years ago

First you need to go to your adjustments menu then standard adjustments then number 41 is custom message on or off. Make sure that set to ON. Then back out and go to utilities. From there go to utilities and choose ABCD custom message and then enter your message. Choose END to save it. Then back out and it should be saved.

1 week later
#14 8 years ago

Thx! I've already shipped one or two pairs. I have parts to make a few more if anyone wants.

2 weeks later
#20 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys! Glad these are working out for everyone. I've had more interest than anticipated and have some more parts on the way. They are $10/pr shipped. PM if interested and I'll give you my paypal address. I have two pairs shipping today and the rest will ship next week. Here's the list so far:

homer714-1pr-paid-shipped
robotronx-1pr-paid-shipped
dredd1977-1pr-paid shipped
strohz-1pr-paid-shipped
nerbflong-2pr-paid-shipped
jalkelly-1pr-paid-shipped
MJW-1pr-paid-shipped

Let me know if I missed anyone.

2 weeks later
#22 8 years ago

Glad you like! Everyone else work okay? One member in Italy is reporting it not working. Perhaps it has to do with 240 voltage?

4 months later
#26 7 years ago

Awesome, glad I could help. I've had a few recent requests for some, but I'm out of parts and really don't want to make more. I got the 10k ohm adjustable pots and IC clip hooks off Amazon if someone wants to make their own, or make some for others.

Screenshot_2016-06-17-01-41-09_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-06-17-01-41-09_(resized).png

Screenshot_2016-06-17-01-41-41_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-06-17-01-41-41_(resized).png

6 months later
#32 7 years ago

Happy New Year Pinsiders! I've had some additional requests for these and have decided to make up some more. I'm going to list them on eBay primarily because I've missed several IM or email requests (sorry guys) and eBay won't let that happen.

Edit-auction has ended.

Screenshot_20170112-021448 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170112-021448 (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'll be buying a set right now. Thanks!!
lermods, check out video in post #1... the answers to your questions and more are explained there.

Order received, thx! Indeed, I made the video pretty self explanatory. In fact when I soldered up a set last night I kinda forgot how I made them so I referred back to my video!

#45 7 years ago

Thanks all. I have 5 more pairs that I'm shipping out today. They each come with instructions which mavantix pretty much covered above.

#49 7 years ago

Glad that worked for you! Love the backbox lights, might steal your design!

3 weeks later
#55 7 years ago

Thanks all. Glad everyone's having luck with these. Auctions ended. I won't be making any more for a while. I'm going to post up my instructions that I include with each set. They and the video is all anyone who endeavors to needs to make and install some.

1 month later
#59 7 years ago

Here's the instructions I promised.

tspp resistor install (resized).jpgtspp resistor install (resized).jpg

tspp mod schematic (resized).jpgtspp mod schematic (resized).jpg

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Very nice. What gauge wire did you use for the red and black wire?

22ga from Amazon.
Remington Industries 22UL1007STRBLA UL1007 22 AWG Gauge Stranded Hook-Up Wire, 300V, 0.0253" Diameter, 100' Length, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB3U2BU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_lxg1yb30HA2QM

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
7,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sed6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed?tu=sed6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.