You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1258622E-6812-4508-A7EA-CB51E442E761 (resized).jpeg
20211113_095905 (resized).jpg
A98008C3-00F6-47C5-A440-D3F2607F19E2 (resized).png
Frink (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scandell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

BAM! Dropping it early for your holiday fun!!

Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZoqx9QcZFu1v6eL8LHgroZ69n78TOLU/view?usp=sharing

30 Seasons of audio carefully reviewed and audio extracted for the most inclusive callout package available!

In addition to the previous cast of characters from Stern's release back in 2003, my new custom Pinsound audio package includes voice callouts from the entire town of Springfield!

Homer
Bart
Marge
Lisa
Grandpa
Comic Book Guy
Profressor Frink
Sea Captain
Luigi
Chief Wiggum
Lou (Policeman)
Ralph Wiggum
MILHOUSE!
Patty and Selma
Karl and Lenny
Ned Flanders
Rod and Todd Flanders
BumbleBee Guy
Dr Nick
Otto the Busdriver
Olaf
McBain
Ol Gil
Principal Skinner
Miss Krabappel
Snake
Monorail Guy
Willy

and more!

I've gotten a lot of help and recommendations from @cjchand! He especially did a great job with some of the music choices!

Hello fellow Pinsiders!
I finally got my pinsound card delivered and installed into my TSPP and my initial beta tests of this mod feel amazing already!!

All modes have custom music from the show! First thing out was the Comic Book Guy hurry up music. I replaced it with the theme song from the Homer in Candyland episode which feels much lighter and whimsical!

The multi-ball music is a game changer.

So many new callouts. More than I can list. Still working on replacing some of the more specific callouts: “shoot the right orbit!”.

Here are some preview videos:

Ball Launch, Ball Lock, Multi-ball!

Monorail Mode:

There are still some technical hurdles to work around and I have sent some questions to the Pinsound developers to see if they have workarounds for limitations in the Stern code that utilizes the same music for multiple modes. (Bart’s Day is the same music as Duffman) that kind of thing.

I’ve put a lot of hours into this but it’s been a fun project. I will be making it available to everyone but would welcome small donations for my time spent. (Saving up for a color dmd and a topper)

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Moe: "Uncle Moe, here I am, here's yer fries, eat em"

I already have the Uncle Moe’s Song sung by Moe in there!

Good news: I spoke to the pinsound developer and he pointed me to a unadvertised ability to actually determine a sequence of song choice when a certain trigger is ...triggered. This is great because since we know that Monorail and Alien Invasion share the same music...we can play “Monorail” the first time it’s triggered and the Alien music the second time. However..the treehouse mode ...”Nuclear Disaster” also shares that music! Ugh. So...should I assume that monorail fires typically before Nuclear disaster? I think so.

Other shared songs:
1. Homer’s Day and Willie’s woes. (So I need to find a generic song for that...which is sad because I wanted to use the Flintstones rip-off song for Homer’s day.

2. Bart’s day and Duffman (I am using the skateboard guitar riff from the Simpsons Movie and it works great for both)

I have a few things I am still debugging with Pinsound...but the results are better and better everyday. Side note:There is a well-known Homer impersonator that we could technically hire to record some JACKPOT specific callouts...

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I would pay cash money for a fix for this.

Nice!
Well send it my way!

Are the sound files not horrible quality because they had to be compressed to fit onto the limited space of a the board/chip native to whitestar? I don’t think my sound package could just work as-is on the original board.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Maybe consider having the game play different versions of the main theme song ? ...this is a pretty cool 8 bit version.

Very cool, though I think the visuals are what really make that 8-bit music come alive. Without the visuals...it’s kinda mediocre.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

While I appreciate your work, I feel the original is so much better. I only watched the first 3 odd minutes till the mulitball and it just doesn't feel like it ties in well compared to the original sound package.
Again, this is not a crap on you post, I have alternative Tron music that I much prefer...this doesn't add to the overall theme imo.

It’s not for everybody. Though I think had I spent more time making a nice video that demonstrated the callouts and music...I think you’d think otherwise. There is a long stint with no music in my video because I turned the original music files down to their lowest volume setting...so it feels dull. It is pretty undeniable in person. More progress videos coming.

1 month later
#42 3 years ago

Sorry for the late response! I started my own business this year and things have been picking up! Yay for $$$.

We have a github project to share where you can pull from the latest version of our code. More details coming!!

2 months later
#45 3 years ago

My audio package will be officially available this Saturday for download to all those that are interested! More videos coming!

#46 3 years ago

BAM! Dropping it early!

Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZoqx9QcZFu1v6eL8LHgroZ69n78TOLU/view?usp=sharing

30 Seasons of audio carefully reviewed and audio extracted for the most inclusive callout package available!

In addition to the previous cast of characters from Stern's release back in 2003, my new custom Pinsound audio package includes voice callouts from the entire town of Springfield!

Homer
Bart
Marge
Lisa
Grandpa
Comic Book Guy
Profressor Frink
Sea Captain
Luigi
Chief Wiggum
Lou (Policeman)
Ralph Wiggum
MILHOUSE!
Patty and Selma
Karl and Lenny
Ned Flanders
Rod and Todd Flanders
BumbleBee Guy
Dr Nick
Otto the Busdriver
Olaf
McBain
Ol Gil
Principal Skinner
Miss Krabappel
Snake
Monorail Guy
Willy

and more!

I've gotten a lot of help and recommendations from @cjchand! He especially did a great job with some of the music choices!

Frink (resized).jpgFrink (resized).jpg
#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

hello scandell
your creation is honorable, and a lot of work, I know what it is!
Our work is different and it is just as interesting.
Why don't you offer it in the dedicated community forum Pinsound community?

I will! This file download is just the sneakpeek. I'll get it on the Pinsound community on Saturday.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

hello scandell
your creation is honorable, and a lot of work, I know what it is!
Our work is different and it is just as interesting.
Why don't you offer it in the dedicated community forum Pinsound community?

I’m interested to try yours out. But I think you’ll find mine to be pretty amazing. . It will
Be nice for owners to have multiple options.

Do you have a successful work-around for the Monorail/Alien Invasion issue? Having the same song for those two modes is very unfortunate.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can post here how one implements this. Thanks!

It’s simple. From Pinsound guys:

“ If you want to try, here is how you can name your files in the same sound event folder:
SEQ1-whatever.wav / SEQ2-whatever.wav / SEQ3-whatever.wav
(the important part is the beginning of the file with "SEQX-")

It should allows you to specify in which order the sounds should be play (instead of being called randomly)”

Problem is...the index doesn’t reset after game over.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

About the hurry up comic book guy
it is indeed a music that can come back very very often, because it even has priority over that of the missions music.
Scandell, I just watched the video posted 3 months ago, and our ideas crossed because I also chose the Land of Chocolate music for the hurry up (I worked on the music in February-March) . I think we were in agreement on this choice because this music is fast and light, and it seemed obvious.
I saw you changed it since. I choose to leave it, which will make an additional diversity in our mix.
my opinion on this hurry up: the solution to avoid the target is difficult, even if I understand that we end up having this idea!
I remain convinced that whatever the music, we will always find it too redundant, whether it is Land of chocolate or whatever, and that the type of music for the hurry up will not change anything.
the only solution that I apply it for me, as a player, and to stop it as soon as possible. that is to say that when I engaged the hurry up, I did not take care of his shots to be made (I continued the missions, or the right ramp, etc ...), and I had the music constantly hurry up non-stop.
I assure you (this is my personal conviction), that if we pay attention, while looking at the display, to immediately carry out the requested hurry up shots, the hurry up does not last long, and I am no longer bored by the music !
it's my personal solution

My mix is my mix. It’s a early version and I plan on updating it regularly. I may go back to the Land of Chocolate song choice at some point. Don’t be too quick to throw up comparisons. My pride is my voice callout choices. I have hundreds of hours invested in that. So...I’d appreciate it if you didn’t steal them. Then again...you can do what you want. I can’t stop you.

#60 3 years ago

The super frustrating thing...is Stern included the song in question twice! Two files. With different song ID numbers. The same song. But...the code calls on the one of them twice. So we were very close to get what we wanted here.

1 week later
#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Calimecroc:

I was hesitating to buy a Pinsound, now I have to...

You won’t regret it!

1 month later
#69 3 years ago

So glad you guys are enjoying it! I still find myself laughing at some of the callouts.

1 week later
#70 3 years ago

Thank you to everyone who has sent me a small donation! Large Update to sound effects coming soon!

8 months later
#75 2 years ago

PM me for the details. And I’ll point you to the zip.

1 month later
#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Looking forward to trying out the new sound package. Great work Scandell .
Can I use one of these Pinsound boards in my TSPP? I just removed them from the original boxes for the photo. They are new, never installed. I bought them several years ago to install in some WPC games and never got around to it.
Or do I need to purchase the newer Pinsound board to run this sound package?[quoted image]

The Pinsound developers are highly responsive and offer amazing customer service. I think your fine but you ask them. I need one of these older pinsound boards. For sale?

3 weeks later
#83 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Link? Also you can have two mixes on one pinsound card right? I need to learn how to do that and switch them when playing.

The lastest is in the link. I have a few updates I’m working on and testing…but haven’t released them.

1 week later
#87 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My quick $0.02…
1) I don’t think you need to solder speaker connections.
2) stock sound does not sound as good. I looked it up after my installation and apparently they can’t reproduce stock quality. Bit rate or something. (Beyond my tech understanding)
3) you definitely need to play with the equalizer on the board. Stock pinsound board is not good.
4) there’s the odd callout that doesn’t sound clean

If you guys can shoot me examples of the audio clips that don't sound clean...that would be helpful. Also, record a quick video...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scandell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-sound-replacement-mod?tu=Scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.