You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1258622E-6812-4508-A7EA-CB51E442E761 (resized).jpeg
20211113_095905 (resized).jpg
A98008C3-00F6-47C5-A440-D3F2607F19E2 (resized).png
Frink (resized).jpg

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

BAM! Dropping it early for your holiday fun!!

Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZoqx9QcZFu1v6eL8LHgroZ69n78TOLU/view?usp=sharing

30 Seasons of audio carefully reviewed and audio extracted for the most inclusive callout package available!

In addition to the previous cast of characters from Stern's release back in 2003, my new custom Pinsound audio package includes voice callouts from the entire town of Springfield!

Homer
Bart
Marge
Lisa
Grandpa
Comic Book Guy
Profressor Frink
Sea Captain
Luigi
Chief Wiggum
Lou (Policeman)
Ralph Wiggum
MILHOUSE!
Patty and Selma
Karl and Lenny
Ned Flanders
Rod and Todd Flanders
BumbleBee Guy
Dr Nick
Otto the Busdriver
Olaf
McBain
Ol Gil
Principal Skinner
Miss Krabappel
Snake
Monorail Guy
Willy

and more!

I've gotten a lot of help and recommendations from @cjchand! He especially did a great job with some of the music choices!

Hello fellow Pinsiders!
I finally got my pinsound card delivered and installed into my TSPP and my initial beta tests of this mod feel amazing already!!

All modes have custom music from the show! First thing out was the Comic Book Guy hurry up music. I replaced it with the theme song from the Homer in Candyland episode which feels much lighter and whimsical!

The multi-ball music is a game changer.

So many new callouts. More than I can list. Still working on replacing some of the more specific callouts: “shoot the right orbit!”.

Here are some preview videos:

Ball Launch, Ball Lock, Multi-ball!

Monorail Mode:

There are still some technical hurdles to work around and I have sent some questions to the Pinsound developers to see if they have workarounds for limitations in the Stern code that utilizes the same music for multiple modes. (Bart’s Day is the same music as Duffman) that kind of thing.

I’ve put a lot of hours into this but it’s been a fun project. I will be making it available to everyone but would welcome small donations for my time spent. (Saving up for a color dmd and a topper)

#2 3 years ago

Some nice choices. It’s interesting how much it changes the feel of the game.

#3 3 years ago

Wow, very cool and impressive! I definitely like what you’ve got so far and look forward to the updates. Looks like I need another Pinsound now

#4 3 years ago

This sounds awesome! Total game changer! Thanks for all your work putting together. I’ll definitely be getting a Pinsound.

#5 3 years ago

Looking forward to the final product! Guess I know what to ask my family for my birthday

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Hello fellow Pinsiders!
I finally got my pinsound card delivered and installed into my TSPP and my initial beta tests of this mod feel amazing already!!
All modes have custom music from the show! First thing out was the Comic Book Guy hurry up music. I replaced it with the theme song from the Homer in Candyland episode which feels much lighter and whimsical!
The multi-ball music is a game changer.
So many new callouts. More than I can list. Still working on replacing some of the more specific callouts: “shoot the right orbit!”.
Here are some preview videos:
Ball Launch, Ball Lock, Multi-ball!

Monorail Mode:

There are still some technical hurdles to work around and I have sent some questions to the Pinsound developers to see if they have workarounds for limitations in the Stern code that utilizes the same music for multiple modes. (Bart’s Day is the same music as Duffman) that kind of thing.
I’ve put a lot of hours into this but it’s been a fun project. I will be making it available to everyone but would welcome small donations for my time spent. (Saving up for a color dmd and a topper)

Wow. Sounds amazing and completely changes the game.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for doing this. Just what this pin needs.

#8 3 years ago

Very interesting and making me redoubt to sell tspp

I do hear however silences and some unbalanced voice issues (original callouts to low volume). But as you mentioned, it’s work in progress.

If stern has coded same music for different modes I am afraid Pinsound can’t do anything about it. You could put two sound files in same folder, Pinsound will than randomly select one but this means you would not always have same music at same mode.

Keep up the good work and look forward to you finishing it.

#9 3 years ago

Very interested. Following.

#10 3 years ago

I'm very impressed....good job!!!

#11 3 years ago

This is going to be awesome! Keep. Up the great work.

#12 3 years ago

Following

Awesome so far

#13 3 years ago

Very interested! Curious is this would be possible with just Pinball Browser edits and a new rom.

Request for inclusion...
Krusty: "I coulda pulled a better cartoon out of my a... hey hey hey kids!"

Moe: "Uncle Moe, here I am, here's yer fries, eat em"

#14 3 years ago

killer

#15 3 years ago

This is so killer. Ill gladly kick in some $$ for this code. Thats a lot of work. I used to have a LAH that I put a Pinsound card in and it totally changed the game. I put music in from the sound track. The game felt like a newer style game. Cant wait to put this in my TSPP. Thanks for doing this. Let us know when its done.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Moe: "Uncle Moe, here I am, here's yer fries, eat em"

I already have the Uncle Moe’s Song sung by Moe in there!

Good news: I spoke to the pinsound developer and he pointed me to a unadvertised ability to actually determine a sequence of song choice when a certain trigger is ...triggered. This is great because since we know that Monorail and Alien Invasion share the same music...we can play “Monorail” the first time it’s triggered and the Alien music the second time. However..the treehouse mode ...”Nuclear Disaster” also shares that music! Ugh. So...should I assume that monorail fires typically before Nuclear disaster? I think so.

Other shared songs:
1. Homer’s Day and Willie’s woes. (So I need to find a generic song for that...which is sad because I wanted to use the Flintstones rip-off song for Homer’s day.

2. Bart’s day and Duffman (I am using the skateboard guitar riff from the Simpsons Movie and it works great for both)

I have a few things I am still debugging with Pinsound...but the results are better and better everyday. Side note:There is a well-known Homer impersonator that we could technically hire to record some JACKPOT specific callouts...

#17 3 years ago

received my board yesterday and installed it with some new speakers......waiting patiently now (Mr. Burns hands wriggling )....

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

received my board yesterday and installed it with some new speakers......waiting patiently now (Mr. Burns hands wriggling )....

Curious about the improvement with the stock audio package on PinSound vs original hardware. Any noticeable difference?

I downloaded the stock audio pack from the PinSound community site and was surprised that the music and sound effects were actually OK sounding. The callouts, sadly, were all 8-bit crunchified and terrible.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Curious about the improvement with the stock audio package on PinSound vs original hardware. Any noticeable difference?
I downloaded the stock audio pack from the PinSound community site and was surprised that the music and sound effects were actually OK sounding. The callouts, sadly, were all 8-bit crunchified and terrible.

I only played one game and noticed that the new speakers were way better than stock. (magnets weren't even magnetic anymore!), but didn't evaluate the whole package to give an honest review...

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

The callouts, sadly, were all 8-bit crunchified and terrible.

I would pay cash money for a fix for this.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I would pay cash money for a fix for this.

Nice!
Well send it my way!

Are the sound files not horrible quality because they had to be compressed to fit onto the limited space of a the board/chip native to whitestar? I don’t think my sound package could just work as-is on the original board.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Well send it my way!

I wish I had a fix...

#23 3 years ago

Maybe consider having the game play different versions of the main theme song ? ...this is a pretty cool 8 bit version.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Maybe consider having the game play different versions of the main theme song ? ...this is a pretty cool 8 bit version.

Very cool, though I think the visuals are what really make that 8-bit music come alive. Without the visuals...it’s kinda mediocre.

#25 3 years ago

While I appreciate your work, I feel the original is so much better. I only watched the first 3 odd minutes till the mulitball and it just doesn't feel like it ties in well compared to the original sound package.

Again, this is not a crap on you post, I have alternative Tron music that I much prefer...this doesn't add to the overall theme imo.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

While I appreciate your work, I feel the original is so much better. I only watched the first 3 odd minutes till the mulitball and it just doesn't feel like it ties in well compared to the original sound package.
Again, this is not a crap on you post, I have alternative Tron music that I much prefer...this doesn't add to the overall theme imo.

It’s not for everybody. Though I think had I spent more time making a nice video that demonstrated the callouts and music...I think you’d think otherwise. There is a long stint with no music in my video because I turned the original music files down to their lowest volume setting...so it feels dull. It is pretty undeniable in person. More progress videos coming.

#27 3 years ago

It looks super promising and a real step forward to bring a new dimension TSPP.

Technically the compressed voices and the repetitiveness of some calls make we lower the volume of the game

And sonically I can't stand the hurry up music to the point where I avoid hitting the comic book guy as much as I can, I would do anything just to change that one.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread and look forward to your progress !

#28 3 years ago

Going to order a pinsound board for this for sure

#29 3 years ago

Can't wait to see the final product!!

#30 3 years ago

We need some Mr. Burns

1 week later
#31 3 years ago

Amazing upgrade! I need to reconsider Pinsound...

#32 3 years ago

Super excited for this! Thank you!

1 week later
#33 3 years ago

How are thing going Scandell?

#34 3 years ago

Hey, all. Just to whet your appetite, I did a ~50 min stream today with @scandell's sound package:

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Hey, all. Just to whet your appetite, I did a ~50 min stream today with scandell's sound package:

I watched this for a bit, but hard to hear some of the subtle call outs. But looking forward to its release...any date yet on that?

#36 3 years ago

Following, I will gladly donate to the cause.

#37 3 years ago

Hi! My pinsound board is arriving today. I think I missed it, but is there a link to download Scandell's audio package. Sorry if it's been posted before!

Thank you!!

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Hi! My pinsound board is arriving today. I think I missed it, but is there a link to download Scandell's audio package. Sorry if it's been posted before!
Thank you!!

Its a work in progress.

3 weeks later
#39 3 years ago

I Am considering ordering pinsound now.
Is there anything else need for the install as in Australia and don’t want to miss anything out in order if required due to postage costs and time frame.
Thanks in advance.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I Am considering ordering pinsound now.
Is there anything else need for the install as in Australia and don’t want to miss anything out in order if required due to postage costs and time frame.
Thanks in advance.

you may want to get the speaker wire kit too. You can make it yourself, but the harness is easy. I usually order the USB from them as well (order an extension cable locally to allow easy access from inside the cabinet). I ordered the external volume adjustment knob for most of my boards, but on this one I ordered the coin door style. ( pinsound sells both). Any update on this Scandell ?

#41 3 years ago

Thanks for the info.

Much appreciated

Quoted from monkfe:

you may want to get the speaker wire kit too. You can make it yourself, but the harness is easy. I usually order the USB from them as well (order an extension cable locally to allow easy access from inside the cabinet). I ordered the external volume adjustment knob for most of my boards, but on this one I ordered the coin door style. ( pinsound sells both). Any update on this Scandell ?

#42 3 years ago

Sorry for the late response! I started my own business this year and things have been picking up! Yay for $$$.

We have a github project to share where you can pull from the latest version of our code. More details coming!!

1 month later
#43 3 years ago

..man any update this...got my board Installed and all ready to go

3 weeks later
#44 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And sonically I can't stand the hurry up music to the point where I avoid hitting the comic book guy as much as I can, I would do anything just to change that one.

You are so damn right, the original hurry up makes me nervous all time.
That is a reason to sell a TSPP.

2 weeks later
#45 3 years ago

My audio package will be officially available this Saturday for download to all those that are interested! More videos coming!

#46 3 years ago

BAM! Dropping it early!

Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZoqx9QcZFu1v6eL8LHgroZ69n78TOLU/view?usp=sharing

30 Seasons of audio carefully reviewed and audio extracted for the most inclusive callout package available!

In addition to the previous cast of characters from Stern's release back in 2003, my new custom Pinsound audio package includes voice callouts from the entire town of Springfield!

Homer
Bart
Marge
Lisa
Grandpa
Comic Book Guy
Profressor Frink
Sea Captain
Luigi
Chief Wiggum
Lou (Policeman)
Ralph Wiggum
MILHOUSE!
Patty and Selma
Karl and Lenny
Ned Flanders
Rod and Todd Flanders
BumbleBee Guy
Dr Nick
Otto the Busdriver
Olaf
McBain
Ol Gil
Principal Skinner
Miss Krabappel
Snake
Monorail Guy
Willy

and more!

I've gotten a lot of help and recommendations from @cjchand! He especially did a great job with some of the music choices!

Frink (resized).jpgFrink (resized).jpg
#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

BAM! Dropping it early!
Google Drive Link:
Homer
Bart
Marge
Lisa
Grandpa
Comic Book Guy
Profressor Frink
Sea Captain
Luigi
Chief Wiggum
Lou (Policeman)
Ralph Wiggum
MILHOUSE!
Patty and Selma
Karl and Lenny
Ned Flanders
Rod and Todd Flanders
BumbleBee Guy
Dr Nick
Otto the Busdriver
Olaf
McBain
Ol Gil
Principal Skinner
Miss Krabappel
Snake
Monorail Guy
Willy
and more!
I've gotten a lot of help and recommendations from cjchand! He especially did a great job with some of the music choices![quoted image]

First !!

Love your mix even in the previous version.
Thanks for your great effort, - Scandell ruuuules !!

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

BAM! Dropping it early!
Google Drive Link:
Homer
Bart
Marge
Lisa
Grandpa
Comic Book Guy
Profressor Frink
Sea Captain
Luigi
Chief Wiggum
Lou (Policeman)
Ralph Wiggum
MILHOUSE!
Patty and Selma
Karl and Lenny
Ned Flanders
Rod and Todd Flanders
BumbleBee Guy
Dr Nick
Otto the Busdriver
Olaf
McBain
Ol Gil
Principal Skinner
Miss Krabappel
Snake
Monorail Guy
Willy
and more!
I've gotten a lot of help and recommendations from cjchand! He especially did a great job with some of the music choices![quoted image]

hello scandell

your creation is honorable, and a lot of work, I know what it is!
Our work is different and it is just as interesting.

Why don't you offer it in the dedicated community forum Pinsound community?

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

hello scandell

I will! This file download is just the sneakpeek. I'll get it on the Pinsound community on Saturday.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

hello scandell

I’m interested to try yours out. But I think you’ll find mine to be pretty amazing. . It will
Be nice for owners to have multiple options.

Do you have a successful work-around for the Monorail/Alien Invasion issue? Having the same song for those two modes is very unfortunate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-sound-replacement-mod?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.