You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1258622E-6812-4508-A7EA-CB51E442E761 (resized).jpeg
20211113_095905 (resized).jpg
A98008C3-00F6-47C5-A440-D3F2607F19E2 (resized).png
Frink (resized).jpg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I’m interested to try yours out. But I think you’ll find mine to be pretty amazing. . It will
Be nice for owners to have multiple options.
Do you have a successful work-around for the Monorail/Alien Invasion issue? Having the same song for those two modes is very unfortunate.

It's a good thing to put it on the community forum, centralizing our work allows everyone to find their way around.

I enjoy trying yours out and you had some great ideas, it's a lot of work on extracting and tweaking the sequences and timing. Congratulations to you !

Concerning Monorail, disaster, Alien music:
I decided to do with this constraint. I therefore "create", or rather say: assemble, from numerous sources and extracts from the symphonic theme, a music designed primarily for the Alien: an engaging symphonic music, giving a tense atmosphere, corresponding to the stress of advance in the Alien mission. Several days of work on this music, to take multiple extracts, sometimes very short, adapt their tones, their speed, and thus create a complete, exciting music, comprising a short introduction, a progression, a return to calm and a great progression .

this music, by the way, is also very suitable for the disaster: because it is a negative event, and also for the monorail, the mission corresponding to the tragic fact that the monorail is defective and threatens to crash.
Friends who have tried it find it very good! each player will judge.

if you have watched my video you hear the beginning of this music i voluntarily snap it at the end.

it's the only thing I don't like about your mix, but it's a personal point of view, and not at all negative to want to tell you that!

I understood your idea of ​​wanting to use the alternativity of musics, and to try that the good music is engaged (1 monorail, and 2 alien, so that there is the disaster too). you deserve to try a solution !!
but in practice, it does not work:
even if the Pinsound engages the 3 songs in the desired order (SEQ 1-2-3)
=> disaster can begin before the monorail
=> when playing at 2, if the monorail is activated by player 1 and loses the ball, player 2 will have the Alien music on his monorail
=> has only one player, if on his first game he engages the monorail and the disaster but does not go to the Alien, he will therefore have the engagement of SEQ 3 on his 2nd game by doing the monorail.
=> and my last example which will be the main one: the pinsound can recall music several times in the same mission: you start the monorail, let's say you have the right music, if you go to the garage and the mystery kicks in : the mystery is a single directory, so the monorail directory is called again after the mystery, and suddenly the Alien music is activated ...

everything is a matter of taste and ideas! And it's good that everyone is looking for a different solution.

well done again for what you have done. players will have different mixes and that's good. this pinball machine needed a new soundtrack, and it's all the matters !!

I make a second message after this one to evoke another sound aspect on this pinball machine.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You are so damn right, the original hurry up makes me nervous all time.
That is a reason to sell a TSPP.

About the hurry up comic book guy

it is indeed a music that can come back very very often, because it even has priority over that of the missions music.

Scandell, I just watched the video posted 3 months ago, and our ideas crossed because I also chose the Land of Chocolate music for the hurry up (I worked on the music in February-March) . I think we were in agreement on this choice because this music is fast and light, and it seemed obvious.

I saw you changed it since. I choose to leave it, which will make an additional diversity in our mix.

my opinion on this hurry up: the solution to avoid the target is difficult, even if I understand that we end up having this idea!

I remain convinced that whatever the music, we will always find it too redundant, whether it is Land of chocolate or whatever, and that the type of music for the hurry up will not change anything.

the only solution that I apply it for me, as a player, and to stop it as soon as possible. that is to say that when I engaged the hurry up, I did not take care of his shots to be made (I continued the missions, or the right ramp, etc ...), and I had the music constantly hurry up non-stop.

I assure you (this is my personal conviction), that if we pay attention, while looking at the display, to immediately carry out the requested hurry up shots, the hurry up does not last long, and I am no longer bored by the music !

it's my personal solution

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Good news: I spoke to the pinsound developer and he pointed me to a unadvertised ability to actually determine a sequence of song choice when a certain trigger is ...triggered

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can post here how one implements this. Thanks!

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

it is indeed a music that can come back very very often, because it even has priority over that of the missions music.
Scandell, I just watched the video posted 3 months ago, and our ideas crossed because I also chose the Land of Chocolate music for the hurry up (I worked on the music in February-March) . I think we were in agreement on this choice because this music is fast and light, and it seemed obvious.
I saw you changed it since. I choose to leave it, which will make an additional diversity in our mix.
my opinion on this hurry up: the solution to avoid the target is difficult, even if I understand that we end up having this idea!
I remain convinced that whatever the music, we will always find it too redundant, whether it is Land of chocolate or whatever, and that the type of music for the hurry up will not change anything.
the only solution that I apply it for me, as a player, and to stop it as soon as possible. that is to say that when I engaged the hurry up, I did not take care of his shots to be made (I continued the missions, or the right ramp, etc ...), and I had the music constantly hurry up non-stop.
I assure you (this is my personal conviction), that if we pay attention, while looking at the display, to immediately carry out the requested hurry up shots, the hurry up does not last long, and I am no longer bored by the music !

Land of chocolate is a very nice fitting music.
It will always gives you a push in the good mood direction.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can post here how one implements this. Thanks!

It’s simple. From Pinsound guys:

“ If you want to try, here is how you can name your files in the same sound event folder:
SEQ1-whatever.wav / SEQ2-whatever.wav / SEQ3-whatever.wav
(the important part is the beginning of the file with "SEQX-")

It should allows you to specify in which order the sounds should be play (instead of being called randomly)”

Problem is...the index doesn’t reset after game over.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

My mix is my mix. It’s a early version and I plan on updating it regularly. I may go back to the Land of Chocolate song choice at some point. Don’t be too quick to throw up comparisons. My pride is my voice callout choices. I have hundreds of hours invested in that. So...I’d appreciate it if you didn’t steal them. Then again...you can do what you want. I can’t stop you.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

It’s simple. From Pinsound guys:
“ If you want to try, here is how you can name your files in the same sound event folder:
SEQ1-whatever.wav / SEQ2-whatever.wav / SEQ3-whatever.wav
(the important part is the beginning of the file with "SEQX-")
It should allows you to specify in which order the sounds should be play (instead of being called randomly)”
Problem is...the index doesn’t reset after game over.

Thanks! Shame about not resetting. It’s a start, I guess, but unusable without a reset at game start. Perhaps they can update firmware to code it to reset all counters after a specific sound folder (like match/no match or game over) is called.

#58 3 years ago

For what it’s worth, my contribution was primarily in the song choices. I felt a metal theme matched best with a hurry up. There’s a sense of urgency and intensity in a hurry up, which is what led me there.

That’s what’s awesome about PinSound. We all get an opportunity to live through our own audio interpretation of the game. Even cooler, we can mash up those experiences to create one all our own.

I look forward to our collective works inspiring others, as well.

With that said...

A98008C3-00F6-47C5-A440-D3F2607F19E2 (resized).pngA98008C3-00F6-47C5-A440-D3F2607F19E2 (resized).png
#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Thanks! Shame about not resetting. It’s a start, I guess, but unusable without a reset at game start. Perhaps they can update firmware to code it to reset all counters after a specific sound folder (like match/no match or game over) is called.

Yeah, that’s the challenge. They reused songs across modes, so it’s hard to find a theme that works across both.

#60 3 years ago

The super frustrating thing...is Stern included the song in question twice! Two files. With different song ID numbers. The same song. But...the code calls on the one of them twice. So we were very close to get what we wanted here.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

My mix is my mix. It’s a early version and I plan on updating it regularly. I may go back to the Land of Chocolate song choice at some point. Don’t be too quick to throw up comparisons. My pride is my voice callout choices. I have hundreds of hours invested in that. So...I’d appreciate it if you didn’t steal them. Then again...you can do what you want. I can’t stop you.

Scandell ... we don't know each other, and that's a shame.
I can see that you have spent countless hours on your mix and working on the vocals.
it is the same for me !! ... and for the voices that I chose.

I am always very respectful of the work of others !! I designed my mix according to my ideas and my guideline
(and that's why I smiled and was surprised when I heard Land of chocolate, I wouldn't have thought that a common choice could have existed, apart from the main theme of course) .

I really have great respect for what you have done !!! it's sincere !!!! I am a 100% creator like you, and therefore not a copycat at all.
ABSOLUTELY NO FILES OR VOICES from your mix will be in mine !! you can be sure of it and you will see it yourself. The fact that you make your mix available before mine does not change that.

It will be the players who do what they want with our mix.

I didn't want you to take my comparisons wrong at all. we're here to move the pinball community forward together.

I wish you good continuation in your work, and I will continue mine. Looking forward to meeting one day! I wish you a good continuation for your mix.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

For what it’s worth, my contribution was primarily in the song choices. I felt a metal theme matched best with a hurry up. There’s a sense of urgency and intensity in a hurry up, which is what led me there.
That’s what’s awesome about PinSound. We all get an opportunity to live through our own audio interpretation of the game. Even cooler, we can mash up those experiences to create one all our own.
I look forward to our collective works inspiring others, as well.
With that said...[quoted image]

Cjchand, you made some very good choices! there is no good or bad music for the hurry up, and the new music chosen matches quite well too!

#63 3 years ago

Brand new owner of my first pinball machine, brand new owner of a The Simpson Pinball Party and brand new in this Pinside forum.
This website is awesome as www.ipdb.org is. I found this thread looking for Pinsound informations.
Thanks Scandell for his nice project and the unbelievable time of work for this big success. I was hesitating to buy a Pinsound, now I have to...
Thanks.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Calimecroc:

I was hesitating to buy a Pinsound, now I have to...

You won’t regret it!

1 week later
#65 3 years ago

Hey Scandell— Just wanted to thank you for all your work on this project and acknowledge what an awesome job you did. I just got my Pinsound+ board and have been really enjoying your sound package. It really elevates the game!

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hey Scandell— Just wanted to thank you for all your work on this project and acknowledge what an awesome job you did. I just got my Pinsound+ board and have been really enjoying your sound package. It really elevates the game!

Agree a great enchacement

3 weeks later
#67 3 years ago

Can someone tell me what needs to be on the USB?

I can't get it to work.

Check that.... working. Woo Hoo (Homer)

#68 3 years ago

Wrong thread -

#69 3 years ago

So glad you guys are enjoying it! I still find myself laughing at some of the callouts.

1 week later
#70 3 years ago

Thank you to everyone who has sent me a small donation! Large Update to sound effects coming soon!

3 weeks later
#71 3 years ago

Looking forward to the update - Scandell, great work on the package.

1 month later
#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Thank you to everyone who has sent me a small donation! Large Update to sound effects coming soon!

Hello! Love the video!! Where can I find your new mix and where can I support you? I have not tried your old but looking forward already to your new hehe

4 weeks later
#73 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Hello! Love the video!! Where can I find your new mix and where can I support you? I have not tried your old but looking forward already to your new hehe

Same here!

5 months later
#74 2 years ago

Following. Would love to do this. I’ll have to research what is involved with getting pinsound/the code installed (also need to find my second TSPP first).

#75 2 years ago

PM me for the details. And I’ll point you to the zip.

1 month later
#76 2 years ago

bump for this thread too considering it seems to be another awesome mix and alternative to the other great TSPP mix. JP and now TSPP. Pinsiders to the rescue.

#77 2 years ago

Looking forward to trying out the new sound package. Great work @Scandell .

Can I use one of these Pinsound boards in my TSPP? I just removed them from the original boxes for the photo. They are new, never installed. I bought them several years ago to install in some WPC games and never got around to it.

Or do I need to purchase the newer Pinsound board to run this sound package?

20211113_095905 (resized).jpg20211113_095905 (resized).jpg
#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Looking forward to trying out the new sound package. Great work Scandell .
Can I use one of these Pinsound boards in my TSPP? I just removed them from the original boxes for the photo. They are new, never installed. I bought them several years ago to install in some WPC games and never got around to it.
Or do I need to purchase the newer Pinsound board to run this sound package?[quoted image]

The Pinsound developers are highly responsive and offer amazing customer service. I think your fine but you ask them. I need one of these older pinsound boards. For sale?

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

The Pinsound developers are highly responsive and offer amazing customer service. I think your fine but you ask them. I need one of these older pinsound boards. For sale?

Hi Scandell. Is the original link you provided in your opening post bring me to your most up to date Pinsound mix?

3 weeks later
#80 2 years ago

Is the final final version out now or is this still WIP ?

I'd love to hear Barney burping. Hope it's in there when ball drains or something.

#81 2 years ago

Final is out and it’s great.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Final is out and it’s great.

Link? Also you can have two mixes on one pinsound card right? I need to learn how to do that and switch them when playing.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Link? Also you can have two mixes on one pinsound card right? I need to learn how to do that and switch them when playing.

The lastest is in the link. I have a few updates I’m working on and testing…but haven’t released them.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

The lastest is in the link. I have a few updates I’m working on and testing…but haven’t released them.

Thanks - didn’t realize that’s now the latest. Thanks for the contribution

#85 2 years ago

Something is not right....

So today I got my pinsound board as well as their speaker/subwoofer set. I got your sound rom downloaded Scandell.. but.

The stock sound is barely barely hearable and just faint. When the ball drains everything just dies sound vise and goes dead quiet until the next ball is launched.

1. This does not happen in the long youtube demonstration posted approx one year ago. Everything there sounds so much better and his ball drains are not interrupted by pure silence. Also the stock sounds in the video are way louder and clearer than mine.

2. Is there any tweaking that needs to be done on the hardware ? I set the bass level to mid. What do you guys have ? Should I do something more ?

3. I did not solder the speaker connectors as suggested yet. Could this play a role ?

4. Does the usb card need to be totally empty except for the zip file ? There were some default files in the root directory that I did not delete. I doubt it would matter but I better ask.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Reg
Matt

#86 2 years ago

My quick $0.02…

1) I don’t think you need to solder speaker connections.

2) stock sound does not sound as good. I looked it up after my installation and apparently they can’t reproduce stock quality. Bit rate or something. (Beyond my tech understanding)

3) you definitely need to play with the equalizer on the board. Stock pinsound board is not good.

4) there’s the odd callout that doesn’t sound clean

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My quick $0.02…
2) stock sound does not sound as good. I looked it up after my installation and apparently they can’t reproduce stock quality. Bit rate or something. (Beyond my tech understanding)
3) you definitely need to play with the equalizer on the board. Stock pinsound board is not good.

If you guys can shoot me examples of the audio clips that don't sound clean...that would be helpful. Also, record a quick video...

#88 2 years ago

Great idea.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My quick $0.02…

1) Ditto. Never heard of any soldering requirements
2) Stock samples (not music) are 8-bit, which sound pretty poor. Like you said, limited by the tech/cost at the time
3) +1 on this, as well. Tweaking the high and low end definitely made it sound better.

#90 2 years ago

I haven't heard of Pinsound before, and I see they sell several different things. What's recommended for best bang for buck for this audio package?
I'm mostly interested in the sound package but enjoy shaker effects if it is added here or elsewhere.

Pinsound Neo vs. Plus?
Pinsound speakers?
Shaker kit?

If it is relevant, I've got an external subwoofer if that obviates any of the speaker options.

Thanks for any tips for a newbie! I don't even have TSPP yet, but hoping to change that this week.

1 week later
#91 2 years ago

Hi all. Got a pinsound board for Christmas. Yeah!

So I watched the install video but my board looks a bit different than the one open the video…which chip is the microprocessor ?

That I am replacing ?

1258622E-6812-4508-A7EA-CB51E442E761 (resized).jpeg1258622E-6812-4508-A7EA-CB51E442E761 (resized).jpeg
#92 2 years ago

Pinsound support was ultra fast!

…… they just informed me I have the SEGA white star board set in my TSPP… and they have a video that shows the install.

They also mentioned it is in between the reset button and led in case that helps someone as well.

#93 2 years ago

Nice to hear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-sound-replacement-mod/page/2?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.