unnamed.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
DSC_0871s.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 year later
#285 9 years ago

sillyoldelf,

I installed a set and while liking them, ended up removing them. Each side was about 4 inches too short, imho, as neither side extended the full length of apron, and it looked odd ending short. Also, there is a gap in pink color sweeping along the back where it joins near the couch. This absent color continued to attract attention and prevented me from enjoying them as offered. I have since reviewed install pics from others and the same problem areas are there. Have concluded that it is difficult to gauge the impact of these issues without seeing them in person.

sillyoldelf - any chance these could be run as extended version?? btw - I consider the quality of decal and the design to be top notch.

#288 9 years ago

Thanks for the response sillyoldelf, and understand the side length length issue now. As the graphics begin on both sides of apron with solid background and cabinet sides are black, it is easy to notice they don't extend all the way. Unfortunately, once I saw that I couldn't unsee it. :8. Maybe it is possible to include two extra pieces .. say 8 inches by 4 inches - that could be trimmed to fit to fill in both sides at the apron. They would only need to be solid color without graphics.

Gap I mention along the back can be seen in vid above - http://www.youtube.com/embed/PkhIZDcUBvA?autoplay=1&rel=0. Beginning at 22 sec, look left of 5 pink lights towards the corner. It is not that the decal is missing but there is a wide vertical space filled with a vacuous black that stands out when surrounded on both sides by pink.

Unfortunately, I am too shallow of a person to live with this as is. Sorry to be posting this here instead of sendimg a pm, but thought others might have noticed this too.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

...thinking it might take a couple extra bit of colored stock in the kit for trimming and covering corner block stuff where block size may be a little inconsistent. I'm not quite getting what jeffs is saying about a transition...

Thanks domijr for showing what I was trying to say. If kit included a few pieces to
stick on inside of cabinet, but behind the backboard panel, the solid black would not show so prominently. It would be a win/win too as no changes are required for existing decals. Separate pieces would be needed to cover three (??) gaps along back and both short sides. I have reordered a set of decals and will be playing around with them some too.

1 month later
#302 9 years ago

Thanks for the update. Did you end up lengthening the sides or sticking with original size?

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I sent out another pink background sticker, so hopefully it has arrived.

Yes the sticker was received last week. Thanks for the excellent customer service.and follow through!! I was beginning to wonder if Customs was playing with it just to be cruel. This should resolve the vertical gap in pink section. I am thinking something similar might ultimately be attempted for the gaps in blue. Will be keeping my eyes open on all your new releases.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.