unnamed.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
DSC_0871s.jpg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 8 years ago

anyone have a spare set lying around??

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from oogiebooogie:

anyone have a spare set lying around??

I do, I ordered a set in hopes of receiving a TSPP. I got my game a week ago and they were already applied. so ,for sale
Edit,sold

#353 8 years ago

I finally picked up a TSPP last weekend (11 years on my short list). The game came with the sideboard decals, backboard decals, and speaker panel decal, but un-installed. The previous owner didn't store these very well, so there are a few folds and creases that I hope won't show up when installed. I currently have all the decals between two sheets of glass, hoping to flatten them out a little.

I've only seen one pic in this thread of the speaker panel decal installed. Any advice on installation of this one? Seems like if I remove the entire backing, it would be tough to align. If I use the same method I use on cab decals (start with the first few inches before peeling the rest of the backing as I go), the portion above and below the display will wrinkle.

#354 8 years ago

The speaker panel decal went on fairly easy for me. One of the great things about these is that you get multiple chances to get it right as the adhesive is sticky without being permanent. It took each decal, other than Moe's tavern, multiple tries to get right for me and they still stuck like a champ.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I do, I ordered a set in hopes of receiving a TSPP. I got my game a week ago and they were already applied. so ,for sale
Edit,sold

damn it.. a day too late..

anyone has another spare for sale? do PM me!!

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from oogiebooogie:

damn it.. a day too late..
anyone has another spare for sale? do PM me!!

I'm not going to use the two decals for the back board (bar scene and Homer being chased). Do you need those?

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Edit,sold

I heard that particular game is a complete turd.

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

#359 8 years ago

I also need a set.
Is the OP no longer producing them?
Perhaps I missed that post

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

You misheard.

#361 8 years ago

Was only having fun with Skypilot since the game he bought was mine. I hope you are getting a lot of enjoyment out of it.

#362 8 years ago

PM sent, I have a set still if you need one LMK

Quoted from Dangerzone:I also need a set.
Is the OP no longer producing them?
Perhaps I missed that post

#363 8 years ago

I am also looking for a set of decals for my new TSPP, had it two days and love it!

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I finally picked up a TSPP last weekend (11 years on my short list).

Congrats! I sure hope you're able to get one of those awesome Itchy and Scratchy TV's, as I hear the guy making them is no longer selling them.

Speaking of which, I found an excellent spot for my Itchy and Scratchy TV - it requires drilling a little hole in the side of the TV and then ziptying it to a post, but it sits right over the I&S kickout angled towards the player and doesn't require changing the position of Itchy or Scratchy. If you're interested, I'll post a pic later when I get home.

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from billin:

Congrats! I sure hope you're able to get one of those awesome Itchy and Scratchy TV's, as I hear the guy making them is no longer selling them.

Yea - I wish *that* guy would make another small batch - I need one!

#366 8 years ago

I believe he may make another batch of tvs

#367 8 years ago

Sorry guys mother mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and I have not been able to get on pinside lately.

Someone kindly sent me a message saying folks would like some more sets, so please pm me and I will get some to you asap.
I do have some spare sets available.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've only seen one pic in this thread of the speaker panel decal installed. Any advice on installation of this one? Seems like if I remove the entire backing, it would be tough to align. If I use the same method I use on cab decals (start with the first few inches before peeling the rest of the backing as I go), the portion above and below the display will wrinkle.

For the speaker panel decal, I kind of wish I had taken the panel off of the machine to put the decal on but instead I made two discreet cuts so I could apply it in two pieces. You can't see the seam unless you're right up on it and once I get the corners trimmed smooth I'll probably hit it with a heat gun and a roller. They look really great but you'll definitely need to be more careful raising and lowering the playfield with them installed. If you've got other projects for the machine (LED upgrades, etc), I'd save the decals for last.

2 weeks later
#369 7 years ago

great cautionary advice

Quoted from emkay:They look really great but you'll definitely need to be more careful raising and lowering the playfield with them installed. If you've got other projects for the machine (LED upgrades, etc), I'd save the decals for last.

screwed the pooch and didn't follow the thread after my first post. Finally contacted sillyoldelf about any remaining stock. Fingers crossed. This will initiate my stack of pending TSPP mods. ColorDMD, an LEDOCD board and LED swap, which will wait until Pinball Expo/PBL Explosion '16. Still contemplating beefing up the sound, but need to sit down and calculate if I can put together a better sounding package for the dollar then what is available "off the shelf" from Flipper Fidelity. (hunch is not likely, if my time is worth anything)
Prayers for your mom, sillyoldelf. Mine has spent the last 2 years battling through 3 months of chemo and removal of part of her colon at 78 and she's recovering really well. Attitude is everything.....stay positive.

#370 7 years ago

The color DMD and LEDOCD are great in TSPP.

So are the Flipper Fidelity speakers.

I have another mod if you're interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-lighted-moes-sign-for-tspp-available

Or this...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available

#371 7 years ago

Massive apologies to indypinhead. Remuneration in process for forgetting his awesome work in creating protectors for the rapidly unobtainable plastics for this game.
My collection of replacement plastics in not complete, so better safe than sorry.

#372 7 years ago

protectors are in the house!
Thanks indypinhead
C'mon 'elf where are ya?

plasticprotectors_(resized).jpgplasticprotectors_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#373 7 years ago

The decals should be with you according to tracking weasel. Did they arrive safely?

#374 7 years ago

PM sent.

#375 7 years ago

Decals are in the house! Unrolled very nicely. Didn't realize I was receiving the speaker and back panel decals as part of the package as well, so WOO HOO! Cliffys showed up the next day, so my mod quest in nearly complete.

sidedecalsandCliffys_(resized).jpgsidedecalsandCliffys_(resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 7 years ago

I thought the side decals are no longer available? where did you get them?

#377 7 years ago

What's that middle decal for?

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

What's that middle decal for?

I thought the same thing....

The side decals/parts are laid out on a Simpsons comforter

#379 7 years ago

Sorry to confuse things, Indy is close, but that's not a comforter, it is the custom fleece dust cover for my TSPP the wife made for me.
PM sillyoldelf, oogieboogie, see what he has left.

TSPPdustcover_(resized).jpgTSPPdustcover_(resized).jpg

#380 7 years ago

Glad to hear the decal arrived safely. Love the custom cover. I want one!
Going to have to ask the better half nicely

1 week later
#381 7 years ago

Just getting my first Simpson Party machine. Any more decals for sale?

1 month later
#383 7 years ago

@SILLYOLDELF:

Thanks for the wonderful decal set! Looks very nice & fresh - i love the decals
But no time to install & i think about how to do it...

PS: A friend of me ordered the set... Thanks for the fast shipping!

#384 7 years ago

sillyoldelf I sent you a PM about a month ago asking for you to send me a PayPal invoice for a set delivered to Australia. Did you get the PM?

1 week later
#385 7 years ago

Sorry pinballer73 i must have missed it. Pm your details again and I'll sort it.

#386 7 years ago

Now, the wait begins.

#387 7 years ago

Next week Ric, I'll get a set on the way. Thanks

#388 7 years ago

PM, sent. I need a set.

2 weeks later
#389 7 years ago

Just got them yesterday, and they look great. Can't wait to get them installed. Thanks sillyoldelf!!!

#390 7 years ago

You are most welcome. Enjoy.

4 weeks later
#391 7 years ago

I am interested in a set as well. I sent a PM. They look incredible!!

2 weeks later
#392 7 years ago

Are these still available?

#393 7 years ago

They are available. He just got some more a few weeks ago. I ordered some from him, but I don't think he has had time to ship them. I've tried connecting with him via PM but haven't heard anything back. I believe his mom may be in the hospital. Has anyone heard from Sillyoldelf recently?

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

They are available. He just got some more a few weeks ago. I ordered some from him, but I don't think he has had time to ship them. I've tried connecting with him via PM but haven't heard anything back. I believe his mom may be in the hospital. Has anyone heard from Sillyoldelf recently?

Sorry to hear that, hope his Mum will be ok. I sent him a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back. Time to sit and wait patiently, it's only pinball after all.

2 weeks later
#395 7 years ago

I'm also looking for a set of TSPP side blades. Sending a PM to SillyOldElf right now.

#396 7 years ago

No problem. I have some sets available at the moment.

#397 7 years ago

I'm going in for these now. Pimpin' my Simpsin, yeah!!

Gonna look mad with m' yella apron.

IMG20160907221029 (resized).jpgIMG20160907221029 (resized).jpg

#398 7 years ago

I love that yellow apron. Is that powdered coated or a custom plastic one?

#400 7 years ago

Wow that is awesome. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.