unnamed.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
DSC_0871s.jpg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 10 years ago

Some great install pics. Well done to all and thanks for sharing them.

#202 10 years ago

Any chance of doing some for the family guy pinball?

#203 10 years ago

plus one for Family Guy ! I'd take a set

#204 10 years ago

Any of these left to purchase?

#205 10 years ago

Hasn't family guy been done? I would like to own that machine so if I get one I will do decals for it. Seems to be quite a rare machine around these parts.

Currently doing them for my MB, so that will be the next to show.

PM me and I'll do my best if you missed out on TSPP.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Yeah, I was surprised too at how easy they were to install too. The hardest part was thinking of a way to hold the playfield up since I was installing them by myself. Once I had that, each side was maybe 5 minutes tops.

I found it easier to just take the playfield out. No worries about balancing it and it was completely out of the way which allows you to work freely about the cabinet.

#207 10 years ago

i'll be sending you a PM once i pick up TSPP. I'll be getting it sometime this week. Great mod.

2 weeks later
#208 10 years ago

These decals are great, so happy i purchased them Very easy to install.IMG_0985.JPGIMG_0985.JPGIMG_0991.JPGIMG_0991.JPGIMG_0992.JPGIMG_0992.JPG

#209 10 years ago

these are the greatest side art I've seen! Can you still buy them? I don't own one yet, but it's on my short list to buy pins.

#210 10 years ago

MB?! I can't wait to see these.

#211 10 years ago

Anyone had any issues with these lifting at all?

Admittedly we had a heat wave of 4 days at 41oC and and one side lifted. Pushed back down and stuck alright but worried if it happens again some of the adhesive will loose it's strength?

As I type this it's a 39oC day

2 weeks later
#212 10 years ago

Once they are stuck heat shouldn't be a problem but dang that is hot! I would think humidity would be more of a problem. They adhesive is commercial quality used in signs so it should withstand a good deal of abuse. I would try to install in a cool spot - maybe at night when it is cooler and less humid? Once they are stuck they should be sealed though so I can't see this being a problem.

MB will be ready this week - just fitted first prototype and adjusting colours to get the max now. Had to stop to play a few games though

#213 10 years ago

Count me in for the Monster Bash. Unfortunately, it won't be an easy install as was the Simpsons. Maybe some installation tips will be greatly appreciated.

#214 10 years ago

Yeah for sure. Acutally it seems easier as there is a bit of play between sides of playfield - well on mine at least. So you can angle it up and push to one side while you fit. Just gives you enough to slide them in and adjust. Would be interesting to see if others are like this.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

These decals are great, so happy i purchased them Very easy to install.

Looking good with those mods. I like the bus and the duff flasher. Really sets it all off.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

MB will be ready this week

I can't wait to see what you came up with for this, I'm definitely in.

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Once they are stuck heat shouldn't be a problem but dang that is hot! I would think humidity would be more of a problem. They adhesive is commercial quality used in signs so it should withstand a good deal of abuse. I would try to install in a cool spot - maybe at night when it is cooler and less humid? Once they are stuck they should be sealed though so I can't see this being a problem.
MB will be ready this week - just fitted first prototype and adjusting colours to get the max now. Had to stop to play a few games though

Applied the decals when it was cool. The heat struck when the decals we already down for around 2-3 weeks from memory.

No one else seems to have the problem so it must be me

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Looking good with those mods. I like the bus and the duff flasher. Really sets it all off.

Thanks. I love the mods also, but i think i like the side art more It adds a nice look to the game.

#219 10 years ago

Pm sent...want, want, want!!!.....Please consider FG too...I know there are quite a few out there that would want one ( myself included)....thanks...mark

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Applied the decals when it was cool. The heat struck when the decals we already down for around 2-3 weeks from memory.
No one else seems to have the problem so it must be me

I've had mine on for a few months (still love them), but today I noticed the back right side by Moe's on the decal was peeling up and bunching a bit. I just flattened it down and it seems good again for now. Btw it's been near freezing or below for awhile here.

#221 10 years ago

I haven't had that happen on mine but we don't experience the extremes of temps over here. You could always use a bit of spot glue on any points should this happen. It also worth checking the cabinet sides are very clean and dust free when installing. Maybe a wipe down with a damp cloth, let it dry and then fit. It's amazing what dust accumulates in a cabinet even though it looks clean.

#222 10 years ago

I lightly sanded the paint before applying decals. I wiped the sanded areas clean with a rag and then wiped them even cleaner with a different rag with a small amount of Zippo lighter fluid on it. My decals are still stuck firm and it has been very cold in game-room for months. PS---I love dem!

#223 10 years ago

3m makes a brush-on adhesive primer for use with their D-Noc vinyls. I wonder if it would work well for this?

#224 10 years ago

I love my side and end cab decals for my TSPP. Would you ever consider decals for The Addams Family? Certainly think there would be a huge market for them. Your quality is unmatched.

#225 10 years ago

PM sent re TSPP

#227 10 years ago

I think Cheesewhisper is the best advice. That should be enough prep work to get a good install. Main thing is to make sure sides are clean and dry.

1 week later
#228 10 years ago

Yeah I think Addams family would be good. I'd have to rewatch the films - hes quite the lady killer - Gomez replies "acquitted". Some good humour in them from memory.

Had a few spare run off with mb due to interest if anybody wants them.

#229 10 years ago

These are awesome. My brother got one for his game and it's a must have. Are you possibly going to side art for other pinball games. (CFBL...hint...hint....cough....cough). Thank you sir

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

These decals are great, so happy i purchased them Very easy to install.

Really? Very easy? I have mine and went to install ... but short of taking the playfield out, what suggestions do you have? I assume you applied them with the playfield raised? Did you start at the front and work your way back? My cutouts at the back of the decals don't seem to fit with the cabinet ... did you just get them that far and then use a razor blade to cut further there?? In my pic below you can see (I hope) what I'm talking about. Obviously the decal should be higher there so i will need to cut more there, right?
simpsons.JPGsimpsons.JPG

#231 10 years ago

You need to start from the rear and work your way towards the front. Go on page two of this thread and you'll see what to do with the playfield. I just used a 2x2 piece of wood to hold it up. You're going to need to cut the decal in the rear, check pics on page 2.

Raise the decal from where it is now, and use a credit card to get a perfect inner corner on that block of wood, then cut horizontally along the bottom of the block of wood until the end of the decal. Hope that made sense. Make sure never to cut vertically, you don't want to cut around the blocks.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

You need to start from the rear and work your way towards the front. Go on page two of this thread and you'll see what to do with the playfield. I just used a 2x2 piece of wood to hold it up. You're going to need to cut the decal in the rear, check pics on page 2.

Thank you for pointing me to page 2 ... saved me a lot of time! I'll try it tomorrow ...

#233 10 years ago

Yes the installation example on page 2 should give help to those wondering what to do with the blocks of wood stern put in. I didn't want to remove them otherwise it would have left a bit of a gap at back. So the decals are designed to be stuck around and then cut along bottom.

Sorry for not spotting your question earlier but thanks to domijr for coming to the rescue

#234 10 years ago

Daniel, just want you to know I received my TSPP decals in the mail today. They look great. Hope to install this weekend. Thanks!

#235 10 years ago

Anxious for mine...up to the challenge (I think).....mark

3 weeks later
#236 10 years ago

Purchased these and installation was pretty easy, however...... I had to fix the gap on a switch and notice that the left side of the decal towards the back has bubbled and is now coming off. I took a small rubber squeegee and put it back on but it's not adhering really well and has bubbled a little bit again (in the last 24 hours). Anyone else having this issue??? Just as an FYI - mine have been installed for just over 3 months!

#237 10 years ago

Installation is definitely a 2 person job but it is pretty easy and they sure look sharp. I have not had any issues yet with them coming undone.

#238 10 years ago

If stuck correctly they should be quite tough to pull off but I wonder if there was some dust or maybe something on the cabinet sides that prevented them getting a good grip. Mine have been on for months without any signs of peeling so I'm guessing something's prevented proper grip. You should be able to use some semi permanent glue to stick the corner back on - just done use super glue or anything too tough.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

If stuck correctly they should be quite tough to pull off but I wonder if there was some dust or maybe something on the cabinet sides that prevented them getting a good grip. Mine have been on for months without any signs of peeling so I'm guessing something's prevented proper grip. You should be able to use some semi permanent glue to stick the corner back on - just done use super glue or anything too tough.

Not sure why this is happening as I ensured that the cabinet was cleaned prior to installing. I will look into different adhesives to use to get it back on!

#240 10 years ago

I had a bunch of people over for league night on Saturday and a few of them commented that they usually don't like these on games, but that these were exceptional and really added a lot. Bravo Elf!!!

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I used rubbing alcohol to clean the sides ( amazing how much dust and dirt came off) .....they seem to have stuck very well....and look AMAZING!!!

#242 10 years ago

Thanks guys. Rubbing alcohol is a good idea. Dust is the enemy so it s important to get them clean and smooth for the ultimate finish.

Got the final proof back for the speaker panel and really pleased with it so will be updating that thread soon and emailing folks who said they were interested.

#243 10 years ago

How are the speaker panel decals coming along?

1 week later
#244 10 years ago

Finished. Got them back yesterday and updated thread. I will be emailing folks soon who expressed interest. Also have some side decals due to over ordering on my part if anybody still wants them.

2 weeks later
#245 9 years ago

Price? I still dont see how the playfield is floating on just the 2 front supports rails on page 2.

It looks like magic

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Price? I still dont see how the playfield is floating on just the 2 front supports rails on page 2.
It looks like magic

It doesn't show in the photo, but you have to support the rear of the playfield with a piece of wood or similar object. Just be careful not to damage any wires or parts.

#247 9 years ago

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. Got the side and speakerboard decals and they look great. But what is even better about this, (besides the fact very fairly priced), Daniel (sillyoldelf) mistakenly forgot to include the decals for the back of the pin (Moe's tavern etc). I PM'ed him here, he was extremely apologetic and mailed them right away. No excuses, no delays, an apology and sent.

If anyone is sitting on the fence about these decals, buy with confidence from a great guy. And by the way, if you have someone to help you put the decals on, these go on very easily!

Thanks Daniel!

Reg

#248 9 years ago

Thanks Reg. That's very kind of you to take time to post.

#249 9 years ago

Pm sent, these decals look amazing, can't wait to get the set!

#250 9 years ago

Have the speaker decals gone out yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.