unnamed.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
DSC_0871s.jpg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 10 years ago

i'm in for a set
pm coming...

homer-drool.gifhomer-drool.gif

#52 10 years ago

Phenomenal! I hope I made the cut off, please please please.

#53 10 years ago

Please, please.

#54 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#55 10 years ago

These are awesome. Guess I'm SOL. Please let me know when you plan to run more!

#56 10 years ago

If i ever get a Simpsons i will have to get a set. Looks great.

#57 10 years ago

Btw---yellow powder-coat looks awesome. I'm jealous. I may have to have that done, someday.
I'd like to see more pics of it. How many pieces did you have powder-coated?

#58 10 years ago

Dang.....day late, not a dollar short but let me know if a spot opens I suppose!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I'm not taking anymore requests at the moment

lol, reminds me of Ringo, Peace and love, no more requests! glad I got mine in:

#60 10 years ago

Looks fantastic!!!!

PM sent...

#61 10 years ago

Pm sent,
Nice work!!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Thanks guys for the feedback. The moes tavern decal for the back of the machine does look a good idea as I don't like what stern have done there anyway.
Would you be thinking a direct copy of the scene based on that mod that would replace the original stern sticker?

If you were to do another decal for the back it might be cool to incorporate Duffman somehow or this pic, tons of options but based on what you have already shown us I'm sure you will make the right decision.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#63 10 years ago

Pm sent, put me on wait list, unless I can be squeezed in

AWESOME!!!

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm in
Any chance you feel like making a super sweet Moe's Tavern decal for the back?
Like this one (two examples in thread)
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heres-a-moes-tavern-lenny-and-carl-mod-you-never-envisioned#post-1207512
Might as well right?

That was me saying "in"

#65 10 years ago

These are simply awesome. I am in for a set if you decide to make a few more. Great work!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Did you use felt-strips or did you apply the decals without them? I bought the LOTR-decals from pinballcenter.eu and they came without the felt-strips, so I am wondering whether I should purchase them separately.

I don't like the felt strips. Makes the playfield too tight,and ended up trashing my TZ decals when I put them in. I just make sure I lift the playfield squarely when doing anything so no scrathes made.

#67 10 years ago

I'd be in for a set, PM sent!

#68 10 years ago

Add me to the list. PM sent

#69 10 years ago

My long suffering partner helped me make some tutorials for fitting the decals. She says if anybody wants to pay for a 1st class ticket over to the states and a couple of weeks in a hotel, she'll gladly come out and fit them.

Seriously, they are quite easy to do, even though Stern added some blocks of wood at the back to make life fun.

Before installation of decals, I like to check the playfield raises and lowers easily without catching or scraping along the sides. I rubbed the side edges of the playfield down with some light sandpaper to make sure they were smooth and checked no metal or wires were sticking out - there shouldn't be anyway. You have a few mills clearance each side so as long as you don't try to put the playfield back in at an angle, there is no problem with decals.

First raise the playfield right out by balancing on the front - don't forget to remove your balls!

playfield2.jpgplayfield2.jpg

playfield1.jpgplayfield1.jpg

#70 10 years ago

Next start at the back of the machine and line up the decal - remember it is going to bend round the wood and be cut in place. You don't have to stick the whole sticker down yet, so leave some of the sticker backing on and just press down lightly halfway to the front until you have the back sorted.

playfield3.jpgplayfield3.jpg

playfield4.jpgplayfield4.jpg

#71 10 years ago

Now take a very sharp knife and using the bottom of the block of wood as a guide, cut a line to allow the decal to wrap round. Once that's all lined up, you can work back down the machine to the front. When everything looks good, give it a rub down with a soft cloth. As they are laminated, you can always wipe them down if need be with a dry cloth - shouldn't need any cleaner.

Remember to carefully lower the playfield down straight when you've fitted the decals as anything sharp - like a splinter of wood or something sharp will cut them.

playfield5.jpgplayfield5.jpg

playfield6.jpgplayfield6.jpg

playfield7.jpgplayfield7.jpg

playfield8.jpgplayfield8.jpg

playfield9.jpgplayfield9.jpg

playfield10.jpgplayfield10.jpg

#72 10 years ago

"First raise the playfield right out by balancing on the front - don't forget to remove your balls!"

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I've never had my playfield looking like that. That is, I lift it up on its rails, but this looks like it is essentially completely out of the cabinet. How the heck you do that? Isn't it heavy as sin?

#73 10 years ago

Payment Sent ..... Thanks for the awesome install pics

#74 10 years ago

aren't those little blocks of wood removable and not really needed ?

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from balloukevin:

"First raise the playfield right out by balancing on the front - don't forget to remove your balls!"
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I've never had my playfield looking like that. That is, I lift it up on its rails, but this looks like it is essentially completely out of the cabinet. How the heck you do that? Isn't it heavy as sin?

Maybe i should explain better. You slide it up to first position - so it clicks ready to be tipped back and the metal is balance on the lockbar. Instead of tipping back to rest on the backbox. Just grab the playfield underneath at the rear - just use fingers and avoid any wiring etc. Then you can lift it up and right up carefully balancing on the front lockbar. It's not too bad weight wise once you have it just above level as it balances itself.

We tried sliding forwards, installing part of the decals, then tipping back to rest on backbox and installing the rest but it is so much easier this way if you can get someone to hold it while you install. I think it is only way to do it actually because you don't want to be lifting and lowering playfield until they are fully stuck down.

#76 10 years ago

I guess you could remove them but then there would be a big hole between back and sides I think. I presume Stern put them on to close the gap in the corners. They looked to be glued and screwed also so it might cause more damage taking them off.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from balloukevin:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I've never had my playfield looking like that.

Steve Ritchie showed me how to do it that way with Spidey in 2007. Makes shopping and replacing bulbs easier.

#78 10 years ago

Does that lifting trick work with Williams' pinball machines?

#79 10 years ago

That looks. Freaking. Sick.

#80 10 years ago

Payment sent

This is awesome

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

aren't those little blocks of wood removable and not really needed ?

I was going to ask the same thing. Anyone know for sure?

#82 10 years ago

The blocks are removable per a few threads where owners installed mirror blades

I don't feel comfortable removing them however due to the glue/nails

#83 10 years ago

How is the adhesion to the cabinet? Not applying these before would it benefit from a light sand to ensure adhesion or is this not necessary?

#84 10 years ago

So I was gone for a week and this happens.....

#85 10 years ago

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt anyone could turn down the kwiKimart, I hope not.....

#86 10 years ago

paid

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

How is the adhesion to the cabinet? Not applying these before would it benefit from a light sand to ensure adhesion or is this not necessary?

No need to sand cabinet. They stick well. In fact the glue is perfect as it allows some repositioning/peel back before a good firm press down. Even then they come off again without too much trouble and don't seem to leave any residue. I've stuck about 8 sets on my TSPP with all the alignment checks and messing about without issue.

I guess you could sand the cabinet sides lightly before as there are little imperfections that come from factory or maybe your machine has suffered some cabinet damage during its life. It is worth checking because my machine was virtually nib when I got it and hadn't been out on site so cabinet was perfect.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Does that lifting trick work with Williams' pinball machines?

Nope. Different "click/lock" system
TZ and STTNG are particularly a bugger to remove

#89 10 years ago

Great job, please put me down for a set.

Cheers

#90 10 years ago

Cheers

#91 10 years ago

Cheers

#92 10 years ago

OK 3 sets for jrawlinson_2000

#93 10 years ago

Man if I still had my Simpson's I would have added this. Looks great!

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

OK 3 sets for jrawlinson_2000

Nooooo, it was my damn iPad!!

I just need the 1

#95 10 years ago

What is the cost, including to shipping, to the States?

Here in the States these are available through Joey at Pinball Decals for 150 (USD). Not sure if it would be cheaper then having to order them from the UK http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/SimpsonsPinballParty_Page.html#

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Here in the States these are available through Joey at Pinball Decals for 150 (USD). Not sure if it would be cheaper then having to order them from the UK http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/SimpsonsPinballParty_Page.html#

Those were not listed on that site three weeks ago, or I would have bought them while ordering their target decals. Interesting. I'm glad they weren't available... I notice quite a few differences. I don't think the ones selling for $149 look any better. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can hardly wait for my set from Dan.

#97 10 years ago

I think Dan's are much better. I'm very excited as well! Dan's are cheaper shipped as well! (PM him for cost).

This is his first MOD and I think it's awesome!

#98 10 years ago

dang it, I want these. Please open up more orders so I can give you my money!

#99 10 years ago

These are awesome...if any are still available I'm in.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

What is the cost, including to shipping, to the States?

Screw PDI and their blatant price gouging (check out the MM toilet paper holder / topper thread)

I'd rather give the business to the original poster (i.e. the source) any day! Plus, I'm sure they'll be significantly cheaper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 218.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.