Topic Stats

• 417 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zack23
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 84 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3222 (resized).JPG
tspp2 (resized).jpg
tspp3 (resized).jpg
TSpp1 (resized).jpg
IMG20160907221029 (resized).jpg
TSPPdustcover_(resized).jpg
sidedecalsandCliffys_(resized).jpg
plasticprotectors_(resized).jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
DSC_0871s.jpg

There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 5 years ago

Currently available PM for more info

I've seen some machines with custom sideboard decals and if done right I think it really adds to the art so I decided to have a go with my TSPP.

Here's my Simpsons Pinball Party with custom sideboard decals. Took over 40 hours to complete the artwork for left and right side. Artwork was produced from scratch at 300 dpi and then printed out and fully laminated for scratch resistance. Was easy to fit without having to remove the playfield - just lifted up and carefully stuck in.

simp-speak2.jpg
backboard-tspp.jpg
simp9.jpg
simp8.jpg
simp7.jpg
simp6.jpg
simp5.jpg
simp3.jpg
simp2.jpg
simp1.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Nice side board decals, great job! Are these easy to install?

#3 5 years ago

Hey those are really cool! Let me know if you make them. I'm interested in a set.

#4 5 years ago

Ditto! Good job on them. I use to put a lot of sideboard decals in my pins until they start to scrape off whenever I lifted the playfield for any reason. If these babies are scratch resistant, then sign me up. Good job!

#5 5 years ago

Put me down for a set do you ship to Australia ?

#6 5 years ago

Great job! It looks sweet! You selling them?

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for kind words. So much work went into them as I didn't just want a copy and paste job so all artwork had to be done from scratch.

The printer advised me to have them coated with their laminate coating but it still won't stop tears if you catch them with something sharp while lifting your playfield. They do seem to be a lot stronger than others I have tried so I think it's worth the extra cost. I haven't had any problems so far and they stick down really well so I imagine they will last for ages. I also lightly sanded the sides of my playfield just to make sure they are extra smooth with nothing to catch them while lifting.

They are very easy to install - my wife did them while I held up the playfield. Basically you can balance the playfield on the front of the machine lifting it right up and forward. Then you can stick them in with a clear view. You have to cut them a little at the back because stern have fitted blocks of wood at back edges that stick out. So she just got a sharp knife and put a little cut in the decals and wrapped them around the wood. The trick is to get them all lined up from the back to the front before giving them a good press down to stick - if you lightly press down to start with you can peel them back and re-adjust if necessary. To be honest she's fitted a few now and makes it look easy. I would say it took about 5 mins tops to fit.

I can ship anywhere so long as you have a registered paypal address.

#8 5 years ago

That looks really great mate, well done..love the Duff man in the corner, he's my hero!!!

#9 5 years ago

Awesome, I am in!

#10 5 years ago

I'm IN for a set....

Those decals look awesome.

#11 5 years ago

I would be in for a set. Hurry up and make them before you get told to stop.

#12 5 years ago

if anybody would like a set PM me with your email details etc and I'll try and make a list and see what I can do printing cost wise if there's enough people wanting them. If you could let me know where you are in the world so I can work out shipping costs too cause that might be a factor. I guess they would have to ship in some sort of cardboard tube rolled up for safety.

I don't want to sell these commercially so it would be on a donation basis not for resale.

#13 5 years ago

It would be really nice to have a youtube-video or some other guide explaining how to exactly insert the sideboard decals without removing the playfield - and how then to apply the felt-strips to the playfield edges. I am in the middle of inserting my IJ decals and considering whether to try this without removing the playfield.

But back to topic: really nice decals for TSPP!

#14 5 years ago

Hi Nepi23

I tried putting felt and things like that on the playfield edges but actually found it made it worse as the gap was too small and it would catch on the decals. Just sanding seemed the best or you could try insulating tape I guess on the playfield edges. I'll try and take a picture of how I positioned the playfield for installation if I can persuade the wife again

#15 5 years ago

Thanks sillyoldelf, those would be really nice! The more pictures, the better illustration on how to do it.

Did you apply them with the wet method - I understand that there are electronic involved, but if one wipes the excess water away right away, I guess there would be no harm in that. I have just not had a single success when I have applied decals without the wet method...

#16 5 years ago

Brilliant...great use of perspective and also with lining up with other playfield elements like the couch. Nicely done.

#17 5 years ago

Looks fantastic!

#19 5 years ago

Hi Nepi23

No you don't need wet method with these. The adhesive allows them to be adjusted before a final press down - just apply edges lightly and line it all up and then give it a good rub down. My wife lines up decals to top and of sides starting at back and then works her way down. She does the final bit at the back last cutting them to fit round the blocks of wood that are sticking out - sort of wrap around effect - you just have to cut them a little so they can wrap around bottom and fit around top. Why stern put them there I've know idea. You can peel them off again if need be without any sticky residue so it's not permanent or going to ruin your machine. It's good stuff.

#20 5 years ago

Very well thought out and designed. I would order a set but I do not have my game any longer.

Looks great IMHO.

#21 5 years ago

PM sent. Take my money!

#22 5 years ago

I would be happy to make a donation to you. pm sent

#23 5 years ago

Those looks so good, I am totally in. I want you to work on SouthPark next....

#24 5 years ago

These look completely excellent, great job!

#25 5 years ago

Could these work as a cling rather than adhesive-based means of attachment? I think just thin, thin, vinyl (?) that uses static electricity to keep it suspended. Easy removal and reapplication when one has to do maintenance without having to worry about damaging the artwork. Also if the playfield ever rubbed against it during maintenance accidentally, the side art would more likely buckle rather than tear, so it simply would need to be smoothed out to restore the imagery.

Just a thought. Don't know if anyone has tried it before, but if you're enquiring about production options, consider going the cling route if possible.

#26 5 years ago

Having the same installed since months.

#27 5 years ago

PM sent

#29 5 years ago

PM sent

#30 5 years ago

Those are awesome. One of the best looking sets of sideboard decals I've ever seen. PM sent.

#31 5 years ago

pm sent.

I installed similar on my LOTR, and it is very easy. I just lift the play field, placed the decal with the backing on it, placed some tape to secure the correct alignment, then peeled from front to back to secure it. No problems, took about 10 minutes.

#32 5 years ago

PM sent!

#33 5 years ago

Nice work! They look fantastic. I'm in for a set.

#34 5 years ago

These are easily the nicest custom decals I've seen for any game, hands down, just really well done. I'd grab a set from you in a heartbeat if I owned a TSPP.

#35 5 years ago

I'm in

#37 5 years ago

Looks great. really brings the machine together. looks like a small enclosed town now. You should be really proud of your work.

#38 5 years ago

Nice job. PM sent.

#39 5 years ago

They look amazing ! PM sent.....

#40 5 years ago

Nice, PM incoming

#41 5 years ago

PM sent.

You rock! Been wanting something like this for ten yrs! Also, I've always wanted that tilted picture of the sailboat on the wall behind the couch---and there you have it!

#42 5 years ago

Amazingly well done. Bravo!

pm sent.

#43 5 years ago

You have done a great job

#44 5 years ago

I have to agree they look great

#45 5 years ago

I'm in

Any chance you feel like making a super sweet Moe's Tavern decal for the back?

Like this one (two examples in thread)

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heres-a-moes-tavern-lenny-and-carl-mod-you-never-envisioned#post-1207512

Might as well right?

#46 5 years ago

I would be interested too. PM Sent.

#47 5 years ago

Thanks guys for the feedback. The moes tavern decal for the back of the machine does look a good idea as I don't like what stern have done there anyway.

Would you be thinking a direct copy of the scene based on that mod that would replace the original stern sticker?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

pm sent.
I installed similar on my LOTR, and it is very easy. I just lift the play field, placed the decal with the backing on it, placed some tape to secure the correct alignment, then peeled from front to back to secure it. No problems, took about 10 minutes.

Did you use felt-strips or did you apply the decals without them? I bought the LOTR-decals from pinballcenter.eu and they came without the felt-strips, so I am wondering whether I should purchase them separately.

#49 5 years ago

My experiences with the LOTR sideboard decals. I did the work by myself, I did not have the felt-strips,
did not remove the playfield and did not use the wet-method:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inserting-sideboard-decals-into-cabinet

#50 5 years ago

Hopefully everybody who is interested in them has heard from me, so if you haven't please message again.

I'm not taking anymore requests at the moment, so if you haven't already expressed interest, I'll let you know in this thread if I plan on doing anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Waitsfield, VT
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
$ 16.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 1,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Whitehouse, OH
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tacoma, WA
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside