Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by cait001
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ariana-grande-aretha-franklin-funeral (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

What is up with all the TSPP's going up for sale lately?

There's 10 of them up in the marketplace, with 3 more ended ads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market?gameid=1143&query=The+Simpsons+Pinball+Party

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=1143

I'm used to seeing one every so often, but it looks like everyone is trying to get rid of them simultaneously.

Folks wanting in on Deadpool?

#2 6 months ago

Long playing game, big time investment every time you press start

#3 6 months ago

I want one bad. Send them all to me,I will keep the best one and send the rest back. Dont know why so many are for sale,when I find one close to me at the right price,there will be one less for sale!

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Long playing game, big time investment every time you press start

I wasn't aware this pin had long ball times. Good to know, thanks!

#5 6 months ago

The game is great. Always has been, always will be. I can only think that most who sell them either don't like the theme, or aren't willing to put in the time to understand what makes it so good. Mine has always played hard from the factory. If it has long ball times it's because I'm playing well.

#6 6 months ago

Mine is up for grabs. The game is definitely great. I still like it, but my family never plays it. We’re switching it out for TNA. My wife and kids tend to like shorter playing games that are better for multiplayer.

#7 6 months ago

Fantastic game. But lots of great new stuff out, and only so much space. Like many others here the long ball times equaled less plays. When it came time to make room this one made the most sense. But man, would love to pick another one up some day!

#8 6 months ago

A lot of them are listed and sold all the time. I don't think this is that exceptional.

If people are expecting this to get vaulted, I think they'll be disappointed. Build cost relative to today's Sterns would be immense, plus I expect the license would be top, top dollar now. Also, development cost of shifting it from WhiteStar (probably to SAM - which itself is way more expensive than Spike/2).

#9 6 months ago

I sold mines a year ago and while i dont regret it as the money went to good use I want it back nonetheless. Amazing game

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

A lot of them are listed and sold all the time. I don't think this is that exceptional.

Sure, like I said, I'm used to seeing one pop up every so often, so it's not usually too hard to track one down. What I'm not used to seeing is 10-13 going up for sale pretty much simultaneously

#11 6 months ago

Not just tspp, gb and acdc premiums also seem to be in the market a lot. People just looking to change it up and tspp brings close to what a nib stern pro costs. I’d guess we will see more lotr coming up too.

#12 6 months ago

I was selling transformers or simpsons pinball party to go towards a dead pool. I sold transformers today so I am keeping simpsons. It is nuts how many there are for sale in the north east at this time. Its crazy. I got lucky and bought the dead pool from pbman. I am guessing others are doing it for same reason. They should. Dead pool is alot of fun and a beautifull machine.

#13 6 months ago

I don't trust skinny chef's or pinheads who sell their TSPP

#14 6 months ago

People only have so much space...

#15 6 months ago

Tspp rules.

#16 6 months ago

I regret getting rid of mine. Fantastic game.

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I regret getting rid of mine. Fantastic game.

Apparently not to late to pick another up.

#18 6 months ago

I have noticed that too. New owners will not regret their purchases. There's so much to the the game. There are long ball times when you have monster games, IMO those are the most fun. Otherwise the drains are pretty rough with no ball save timer.

#19 6 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Apparently not to late to pick another up.

If only i had the money for another. Pinball budget is toast for the year after an MMR last month.

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not just tspp, gb and acdc premiums also seem to be in the market a lot. People just looking to change it up and tspp brings close to what a nib stern pro costs. I’d guess we will see more lotr coming up too.

This. TSPP is a player and has held its value for some time. Newer games are flooding the market to meet it.
Good opportunity.

#21 6 months ago

2nd game i have ever owned, Sold it wanted it back. I got lucky and bought a much nicer example then the first. New Rule, Im not selling this one till i beat alien invasion, I may never be selling this pin.

#22 6 months ago

I keep considering one of these. Not a huge fan of the theme. The $4800 one with the Color DMD is too far away or I would get it. I think if one fall to $4500 closer to me I might not be able to resist.

#23 6 months ago

The only reason to sell TSPP it that damn pain in the ass right upper flipper. It’s too damn tough to hit that treehouse shot.

This is also one the reasons to keep it.

#24 6 months ago

I passed on a huo one owner tspp for 4k last summer, seems like game really shot up in price since then.

#25 6 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

The game is great. Always has been, always will be. I can only think that most who sell them either don't like the theme, or aren't willing to put in the time to understand what makes it so good. Mine has always played hard from the factory. If it has long ball times it's because I'm playing well.

No I love the theme had one in my collection for 5 yr just wanted to change things up. Several yr later bought TSPP asgain will never leave

#26 6 months ago

TSPP is the first machine I bought. The deep rules are what sucked me in! No plans to get rid of it!

#27 6 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The only reason to sell TSPP it that damn pain in the ass right upper flipper. It’s too damn tough to hit that treehouse shot.
This is also one the reasons to keep it.

Hitting that shot feels so good when you do though. I'm a big fan of right upper flipper shots and that might be the best one.

#28 6 months ago

Oh, and best upper pf I feel too.

#29 6 months ago

Well we know they are not being remade......

#30 6 months ago

Looking forward for someone to post one of then up for sale in the south. One of my favorite pins for sure.

#31 6 months ago

I sort of miss it, really do not think I got good enough at it to really see whole game. But what I do remember is alot of nice shots but nothing memorable and a upper playfield that really slowed down the game. Love the theme, still.

#32 6 months ago

Ummm...coincidence? Why must everything be drama?

#33 6 months ago

When someone says they sold TSPP

ariana-grande-aretha-franklin-funeral (resized).jpg

#34 6 months ago

Chris at HEP has mine in sitting in his warehouse...

#35 6 months ago

Bought mine new back in 2005 and just sold it a few months ago with about 2000 plays on it. I'm a HUGE Simpsons fan, the gameplay is really fun, rules are super solid, and you're never going to get as full featured a game as this for less money. That being said, I found myself playing almost every other game in my collection before going to TSPP. It looks pretty, but after so many years and fairly long games, I came to the realization that sometimes you just have to shake things up.

I can always buy it again if I really miss it.

#36 6 months ago

TSPP was my first NIB purchase I loved the game but had to sell to raise quick cash for my dogs surgery its on my very short list of games I would trade my Spidey for.

#37 6 months ago

TSPP is my Stove Top Stuffing pin. It's staying.

#38 6 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

TSPP is my Stove Top Stuffing pin. It's staying.

I’ve had my game since I bought it new in 2003. I don’t plat it much, but when I do I love it. I’ll never sell it.

#39 6 months ago

TSPP Vault coming soon????

#40 6 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

TSPP Vault coming soon????

Doubt it, not sure there are enough board sets unless they redo it on spike.

#41 6 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What is up with all the TSPP's going up for sale lately?
There's 10 of them up in the marketplace, with 3 more ended ads:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market?gameid=1143&query=The+Simpsons+Pinball+Party
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=1143
I'm used to seeing one every so often, but it looks like everyone is trying to get rid of them simultaneously.
Folks wanting in on Deadpool?

There are a TON of them out there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/simpsons-pinball-party/owners

One of the more highly produced Stern games of that era, lots went into home collections and hence lots can still be found in really nice condition.
It is a super long playing game and can be tedious to even hit start.
Simpsons are finally dated and seem old (both the show and the pinball). Game is 15 years old now.

Prices on new Stern games have risen so much that people are selling off older stuff just to fund new stuff.
Top it off that you can still find HUO examples for $4500 and it seems like a bargain compared to 5300 plus for a new Stern.

#42 6 months ago

^^^^^Nailed it!

#43 6 months ago

Agreed, I think its going rate is a bargain compared to newer Sterns. Most of these HUO games are like new and have plenty of parts available to service them. And, they're on a tried and true Whitestar system that is user serviceable and well documented. perhaps a little less flashy, but the polish is there.

#44 6 months ago

I saw that too and thought there had been a rumour of a TSPP Vault Edition or something. Either way, it's a spectacular game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 218.00
$ 16.00
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Waitsfield, VT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tacoma, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Whitehouse, OH
£ 20.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside