Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HFK
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So, I haven't had The Simpsons Pinball Party that long, but I really love it it so far. This morning I had my best game ever, but was somewhat disappointed with my score. I know it's a low scoring game and don't mind that.

My previous best was 66 million. Today, I actually got to the mode where the flippers are backwards. Very cool mode, but difficult to get used to. I think it was triggered by hitting the Otto shot, but not sure.

I also advanced to Alien Invasion for the first time, I was shooting really well, but focusing on hitting Otto and right orbit with left flipper and the garage, upper playfield, behind tv when hitting off my right flipper.

I felt good, but in the end only finished with 68,400,000. I was glad I got to see Alien Invasion and felt I did pretty good. I guess after activating modes I could have scored better while in them. But curious if there is a specific strategy for maximizing scoring.

Additional question about the couch. Couch Multiball - is this only activatible once? I got couch multiball early in this game and was destroying 3 and 4 combos to finish in the couch many times after my first and only "couch multiball". I was surprised it kept releasing afterwards.

Anyway, this game rules. Just want to focus on getting my scores up.

#3 9 years ago

Couch mb gets harder to achieve each time. You have to hit the locks twice to lock one ball on the second round. Complete the modes and the bonus points add up with victory points. Hit the jackpots during mb, couch is worth a lot. Tons of other ways to score big. Treehouse of horror shot. I'd read through the rules, way too much to type it here.

#4 9 years ago

Cross your arms when doing the mystery spot (backwards flippers)... You will rock it then!

#5 9 years ago

Im the same as you Toasterdog, new owner just got as far as when the flippers change, I actually thought the flippers died till I realized what was going on , what a trip, lucky I had a mate with me to witness the craziness , and lucky my ball timers are a little longer on my game so the multiball didn't go to total waste, I just missed out on alien invasion though, but hope to get there in the near future, but my game was the same, at the end of it all I scored 74,500.000 and some change, it really opened my eyes to how great this game is, so I will keeping an eye on this thread to get as many tips as I can..

#6 9 years ago

Yea, it's a fun game no doubt. I was more surprise previously I scored 66 mil and didn't feel like I achieved that much. Then have a game where I'm hitting all the shots I'm trying for, get to mystery spot and alien invasion and hardly best my previous best score.

I have to take the glass off though and check the locks on couch multiball. Seems to work fine, but like I said I got it early, I know afterward I hit at least 4 balls in the couch and never had another ball lock. I will run through diagnostics a little later this afternoon.

Will also try the crossed arms trick, I found mystery spot to be damn near impossible, but fun. Hopefully I can get there again soon. Pretty depressing when you look at the high scores people have posted, lol.

#7 9 years ago

Couch will lock balls only when the green LOCK lamp in front of the ramp is lit/flashing.

If unlit, you'll need to bang away on the two green standup targets just below the ramp entrance, which helpfully say LIGHT LOCK.

For the first multiball, the lock is always ready, but for later multiballs, you just have to qualify it by hitting the targets. Each multiball, it gets harder to qualify, basically by requiring more target hits.

In my best game I think I played Couch MB about 7 or 8 times.

#8 9 years ago

Try to keep the timer reset and start (stack) as many TV modes as you can, then start multiball.

#9 9 years ago

Light as many 2x scoring lanes as possible buy hitting auto while keeping the timer going then start any mode your score will double quickly.

#10 9 years ago

As far as TV modes *IF* you want to go balls out all or nothing...

Hit crusty spinner, get to upper PF & start TV mode. Then keep hitting spinner & starting/stacking more TV modes. Begin working on a MB, any of them. Why? Because when you start a MB with like 5 TV modes you can bank on some cool shot getting done. Plus 10 ramp shots lights EB!

REMEMBER: You can put the clock back up to 30 by starting another TV mode or by hitting the "light Otto" target followed by making the Otto loop shot. Also there is a target in the pops area that adds time to the clock well above the 30 seconds. Know when to sandbag an Otto, it's a waste to use Otto when you're at 45.

Add as much shit as you can't into a single ball by whoring out that timer.

That's all I got for TV modes but I must admit the side missions are my main focus for some reason. I just like them more & they far outnumber TV modes. Also I always try to start the first Bart mode right after the skill shot.

That's all I feel like typing now lol

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just want to focus on getting my scores up.

Victory laps (from finishing multiple modes) gets very lucrative, especially with shot doublers. Don't let the timer expire.

#12 9 years ago

Make it a little harder. Default is to re-light tv mode after every ball. Change it so that TV mode only lights by hitting the krusty loop. Completing modes adds to AI time.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Make it a little harder. Default is to re-light tv mode after every ball. Change it so that TV mode only lights by hitting the krusty loop. Completing modes adds to AI time.

That's only first time to AI. After that you have to always relight TV modes via krusty.

The best part about tspp is the strategy is constantly changing depending on where you are at in the game. You will pick up little things as you go such as what modes go well together and where your priority shot is.

One thing I just recently started doing is saving the monorail mode for after the first time I run couch multiball. Sure it's ideal to have all modes going and then start couch multiball but for my skill level it isn't realistic. I'll usually have a few modes going and then start couch MB. The reason I've been running the monorail after couch multiball is because that's when I will relight my locks and am more prone to draining down the monorail by accident anyways.

#14 9 years ago

I've had my TSPP for a couple of months but have not been playing a lot lately...VERY fun game although I think the previous owner will be on the board for a long, long time (possibly forever) as I have a hard time getting 10% of his score of nearly 200million, lol.

d'OH!

1 month later
#15 9 years ago

anyone here ever seen pretzel mutiball?? it seems a tall order for me, think the most kids I ever got was around 13..

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

anyone here ever seen pretzel mutiball?? it seems a tall order for me, think the most kids I ever got was around 13..

Pretzel is a strange MB and thing to go for, as it's really on it's own, isn't a requirement of anything, and unless you have having a massive game, well, even then, you usually don't stumble upon it. You have to say "I'm going to go for Pretzel now", and you put everything else aside and just build that. Just another tangent in the single greatest ruleset to date.

I have only got it about 6 times I would say, mainly because I'm usually trying to finish the game, and it's only when I went for it specifically and solely. The last game I played I scored the SDMEWM, and even then, after I did that, I thought "what do I do now?". I checked, and I had 25 of 26 kids, so I then hit another and started that, combined with couch and an I&S MB. 70M in a very short 3 min MB (at least that is what it felt like).

My point being even in the best game I have ever had, I didn't load up Pretzel without at some point specifically topping it up to start.

#17 9 years ago

I find Pretzel is really useful deep into a game, when the other multiball opportunities have gotten much harder to start, and I really need an insurance policy to help complete other tasks. For example, I never want to start Scratchy's Revenge without a second MB. Pretzel is often within reach in a long game by that point.

The scoring on its own is not that significant. I can't believe you scored 70M on Pretzel alone in 3 minutes. Supers are only 2.5M+500K<=5M unmultiplied, and I don't think the pretzel values are that large.

It's also a nice touch that Pretzel gives the left orbit some greater significance in the game, more than just lighting nuclear values. I would guess it was one of the later rules to be added.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

I find Pretzel is really useful deep into a game, when the other multiball opportunities have gotten much harder to start, and I really need an insurance policy to help complete other tasks. For example, I never want to start Scratchy's Revenge without a second MB. Pretzel is often within reach in a long game by that point.
The scoring on its own is not that significant. I can't believe you scored 70M on Pretzel alone in 3 minutes. Supers are only 2.5M+500K<=5M unmultiplied, and I don't think the pretzel values are that large.
It's also a nice touch that Pretzel gives the left orbit some greater significance in the game, more than just lighting nuclear values. I would guess it was one of the later rules to be added.

I didn't, I noted it was stacked with couch and an itchy.

#19 9 years ago

It isn't overly common for me to get pretzel but I do get it once in a while. I seem to collect a lot of kids through failed garage shots.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

It isn't overly common for me to get pretzel but I do get it once in a while. I seem to collect a lot of kids through failed garage shots.

You need to fix your ramp or you have weak flippers. A direct shot into the garage should send you to the upper playfield close to 100% of the time.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

You need to fix your ramp or you have weak flippers. A direct shot into the garage should send you to the upper playfield close to 100% of the time.

I don't think either is the case. My ramp is still perfect and my flippers are nice and strong. I highly doubt anyone can claim near 100% of their shots to the garage are going to the upper playfield. If they did I would say something is wrong with THEIR machine. The game isn't setup like that and if it was meant to be there would be a solid ramp in the garage and not one that feeds into the orbit. On a 30 - 45 minute game I would be surprised if someone didn't pick up 10 to 12 kids from failed garage shots and another 7 or 8 kids from bounces up from the pops. That will take you up around 20 without even attempting to make a left orbit shot.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

There are always shots that hit on an angle or whatever they don't make the "jump", I'd say about 15% for me fall into this, and my machine is fast and powerful, and if they fall after the first ramp ends, it's a left orbit and a cleatus kid. Not real common, but I do agree that most of my kids are from this, as I only shoot the left orbit for the hurry up and to end the wiggim mode, otherwise only if I'm going to pretzel, which again is rare.

#23 9 years ago

Like I said, a direct shot from the flipper into the garage should go to the upper pf, not just any garage shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 45.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-scoring-strategy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.