Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by turbo2nr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Have a tspp that is constantly resetting. Right at boot up it just seems to keep rebooting itself. Also when it does boot and work it has no sound out of the rear two speakers. And lastly the upper right flipper isn't working. I have noticed moving the transistor fixes the flipper issue so it looks like the transistor just needs to be reflowed. But any ideas on the rebooting and sound issues? I'll see if I can't get a video uploaded of the reboots.

#2 7 years ago

reseat your game and sound roms first.

#3 7 years ago

Will do. The weird thing is that sound still comes out of the bottom speaker just not the back. Even in the menu no sound of of them. But I'll reseat them all first any way to see if it clears up any of the issues.

#4 7 years ago

Next step would be to look at the connectors that provide power to the game. The sound and resets could very well be independent problems. How does the battery area look? Any corrosion?

#5 7 years ago

No corrosion and batteries are new. This also isn't my machine. It's a friends so I'll have to find time to go by and look at this stuff.

1 week later
#6 7 years ago

So I have finally gotten around to working on this thing. I reflowed a transistor for the upper flipper and it is working. Also looking at the sound issue it turns out a sound amp is bad going to the upper speakers. I have ordered a new one and it has arrived and I will install it ASAP to see what all is fixed. I was able to troubleshoot by connecting the upper speakers to where the sub plugs in on the connector next to the sound amps. After tracing that out it looks like the sound amp is burned up, it just wasnt easy to see at first since its on the side of the heatsink. I am not sure if that could cause any of the reset issues, but I did notice a connector bad on the driver board that jumps to the CPU board for power. I swapped it and thought reset issues were fixed but they are back. It doesnt happen all the time but he was playing a really long game and it worked the whole time. Then he left the machine on for an hour after and it randomly started resetting again. I figure its best to fix a problem at a time but we are getting closer I hope.

2 years later
#7 4 years ago

You got this sorted?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-reset-and-sound-issues?hl=turbo2nr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.