(Topic ID: 228972)

TSPP: Rebooting issue. Code related?

By sk8ersublime

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I recently picked up a TSPP, routed but in very good condition. I've been playing a lot of games and never noticed any issues until the other day. I put the game on Extra Easy mode so I could enjoy hitting different modes, and so my friends could have some fun with it as well. I am able to hit the TV constantly and I noticed that after the 5th or 6th consecutive TV mode starting, the game will reboot like i just turned it on. Im not sure if this is related to the code 2.07 that is currently installed, but I did not see this mentioned in the change logs for any of the newer versions. I am planning on upgrading to 5.0 regardless. Can someone else try activating all the TV modes and see if the game reboots?

Then last night I was playing the best game ive had on it so far, and i guess i activated too many things and it rebooted again mid game.

I found a thread talking about the 5v, i checked the test point on R115 and im getting 5.02v. The battery holder has already been removed and replaced with a soldered lithium battery, i plan on replacing that with NVRAM upgrade.

I re-seated the CPU/MPU connectors, and when i turned the game back on, it started to freakout, adding coins, popping the upper playfield VUK and starting multiple games and modes. I turned it off and re-seated the connections again and it seems to be normal again, minus the rebooting issue when activating too many modes.

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

Sounds like you might have a connecter (s) that might need replacing.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Sounds like you might have a connecter (s) that might need replacing.

The connector on the board or the end of the wire?

#4 5 years ago

You need to follow the path every where that 5 volts goes, (meaning boards) not just at the one test spot, just because it's good there
doesn't mean its good at another board.
If you have a connecter's where to contacts are not nice and shiny silver, or look yellow kinda golden/brown they are burnt, and you will drop some voltage because of this, and they should be replaced.

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

checked my connections, didnt solve anything. I replaced the battery that was soldered in with an NVRAM that didnt make a difference (didnt expect that to).

Received my 5.0 ROMs and that fixed the issue. It was code related. Game is playing great now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-rebooting-issue-code-related?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.