Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DocRotCod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150303_193506.jpg

#1 4 years ago

All-
My TSPP just began exhibiting an odd behavior tonight. About 20 min after finishing my last game it beeped and flashed TEST on the TV while displaying the version on the DMD, like when first turning it on. Never seen this happen before and would like some help diagnosing it before it becomes a bigger problem. Here's a vid. Thanks in advance!

#2 4 years ago

I'd try reseating all your cables including the ribbon cables in the backbox and inside the cabinet. Try that and see if that helps.

#3 4 years ago

I had a random reset issue on my Simpsons that I was unable to diagnose with my poor logic probe skills. I ended up sending the CPU board to the Coin-Op Cauldron for repair and the problem was with the Logic Array chip. In addition, some errors were cropping up in the static RAM.

Of course, check for the easy stuff first: loose connections, low 5V, etc.

Good luck - great game!

#4 4 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll start there and report back.

#5 4 years ago

Mine had recently done the same thing. After booting for a minute I might have time to start a game and it would reset itself. This would continue to happen. The issue on mine was a connector on the bottom left of the CPU board. I think it was connection...CN2 maybe, but one wire had come loose. It was a 6 pin connector with 4 wires. (If that is the case by the way make sure you put the wire to the proper pin.)

#6 4 years ago

Here is a picture of it, The right wire had come out and was causing the reset. Maybe not your problem but worth checking. It is on the bottom of the board just under the light towards the left side.

20150303_193506.jpg
#7 4 years ago

Thanks for the pic. Jiggled that one and all the rest and it seems the problem is fixed. Thanks all!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Thanks for the pic. Jiggled that one and all the rest and it seems the problem is fixed. Thanks all!

I would definitely redo that connector - especially if jiggling it made it better. It most definitely will give you trouble, at the worst possible time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside