Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by D-Gottlieb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a Simpsons pinball party that was working fine, turned it on the other day and the DMD is flashing and the game appears locked up, A few gi lamps are lit but other than that seems frozen

any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks
John

#2 2 years ago

Sorry you're having trouble. Always start by re-seating all connectors. (unplug them and plug back in)

#3 2 years ago

did you look at the cpu board where the batteries are at.any signs of corrision on or near the ic roms

#4 2 years ago

the owner had left the batteries in and they were corroded but nothing seemed to effect the boards, the game worked fine for 3 weeks after I replaced the batteries

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

they were corroded

thats probably exactly your problem with the game.the corrision leaks behind the battery holder also

#7 2 years ago

There is nothing on the board from the batteries I reseated all of the cables and ribbons
The dmd still flashes and game is frozen. I tried going into diagnostics and nothing

#8 2 years ago

Check your game and display roms, pull them and reinsert them

#9 2 years ago

Pulled an reseated both rooms no change

#10 2 years ago

call chaz at stern

#11 2 years ago

Bump
hoping to get some more insight on this

Simpsons pinball party was working fine, now when game is turned on DMD flashes and some GI's light other than that the game is frozen

#12 2 years ago

You said the old batteries were corroded...did you do anything besides replace them? For example: clean the contacts inside the battery holder to remove the corrosion?

Mine was experiencing similar symptoms recently. Replacing the batteries and cleaning off the corrosion from the batter holder springs/contacts did the trick.

#13 2 years ago

I did not clean up the contacts, Will do tomorrow

Thanks

#14 2 years ago

I cleaned the battery contacts today and it seemed to have fixed the issue,

thanks for the great advice.

#15 2 years ago

Batteries have no business on the board. I hope you get this fixed. Afterwards, get a memory chip and no more batteries.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, NY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside