(Topic ID: 224924)

TSPP possible ROM issue???

By SmiggleMeThis

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0355 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from SmiggleMeThis:

My TSPP is not ending a game properly and other issues...
    I just put in a new ROM for my Simpsons from Marco and I'm thinking that's gotta be what caused one issue. The old rom worked fine when it came to the game ending, ball drained and the game would end. Now, it drains and nothing happens at all. All rollover switches in the through check fine so I'm thinking maybe the new game rom has something messed up in the code???? I'd usually email and ask John Wort about it since I bought a ton of roms from him in the past but I guess he's not active anymore. Hopefully someone on here can help out!
    I'd just put the old game rom back in and check it but I bought a GQ-4X4 rom burner and a UV eraser and don't know how to use the burner yet!! The UV eraser works great!! (Hence no working old game rom Dab Nabbitt!!!)
    The reason I bought a new rom was to try and fix a freeze issue. After about a minute or so playing the game, the TV glitches and the 20V power doesn't work for like 30 seconds, then it comes back and everything is just fine.
    Any ideas on what may be causing it to do this would be appreciated!
    Also, any help using a GQ-4X4 rom burner would be great as well!
    Thanks in advance

Check your trough opto boards, you start by reseating the connectors.

#6 5 years ago

Have you gone into switch edge mode and looked at everything active? Run balls through trough and eject them? Everything registering that should. Opto boards can be flaky on these games, they might work in test, but in game play under vibration, don’t. It really sounds like the game is losing track of the balls, which is an opto problem, or trough switch issue, or the incorrect number of balls are in the game.

Do you have any other games like lotr or sopranos where can swap opto boards?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-possible-rom-issue?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.