WP_20160121_026_(resized).jpg
WP_20160118_001_(resized).jpg
WP_20160121_011_(resized).jpg
WP_20160121_010_(resized).jpg
IMG_8256[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8255[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8254[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8253[1]_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

TSPP PF plastic protectors now available

Added: 2015-12-20 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (March 14th, 2016) • Ended: May 13th, 2016

Price

$ 57 (Firm)

Price is firm

I've designed/cnc machined a playfield plastic protector set for the Simpsons Pinball Party.

The protector geometry was created using a NOS TSPP plastic set.

This is a 10 piece set made from 1/16th polycarbonate.

The prices is $57.00, shipped/continental US.

This set protects the following pieces:

Item photos

DSC_2262.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are indypinhead's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to indypinhead's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Indianapolis, IN, US

#2 8 years ago

Here are pictures showing the protectors under the PF plastics...

DSC_2264.jpgDSC_2264.jpg

DSC_2266.jpgDSC_2266.jpg

DSC_2268.jpgDSC_2268.jpg

DSC_2270.jpgDSC_2270.jpg

DSC_2272.jpgDSC_2272.jpg

DSC_2274.jpgDSC_2274.jpg

DSC_2276.jpgDSC_2276.jpg

DSC_2279.jpgDSC_2279.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Pinside limits the number of pics per post...here's the last pic...

DSC_2280.jpgDSC_2280.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Nice Job! will be in for a set in next week or so....

#5 8 years ago

Nice! PM sent.

#6 8 years ago

Bump for the evening crowd.

#7 8 years ago

are you shipping these? Ad says pick up only.

#8 8 years ago

I ship

#9 8 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out.

I've edited my marketplace ad to show that I ship.

Overseas shipping is an additional cost.

#10 8 years ago

Another daily bump.

Christmas bonus for the 1st person that buys a set, and posts high resolution pics of each piece installed on their machine, here on pinside....50% refund on their purchase price.

#11 8 years ago

Let's say I send you a scan of a plastic, could you cut me a protector for it?

#12 8 years ago

If the scan is to scale...yes.

What pin?

(I plan on making protector kits for approximately 30 pins soon).

#13 8 years ago

I'll PM you

1 week later
#14 8 years ago

I received my shipment of TSPP plastic protectors yesterday, and I just wanted to tell everyone how nice this set is. Indypinhead did a fine job here producing a much needed product. Everyone with a TSPP could really use this set of protectors. I highly recommend it.

Jeff R.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Christmas bonus for the 1st person that buys a set, and posts high resolution pics of each piece installed on their machine, here on pinside....50% refund on their purchase price.

No problems with installation. They all fit great!

IMG_8250[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_8250[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8251[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_8251[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8252[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_8252[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8253[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_8253[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8254[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_8254[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8256[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_8256[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_8255[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_8255[1]_(resized).JPG

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Another daily bump.

ChadH get's the 50% refund for being the 1st person to post pics of the protectors installed on their pin.

Thanks Chad!!!

#17 8 years ago

Bump....

I plan on offering protectors for 3 more pins soon. Should have them ready in the next day or 2. I'll make announcements this weekend.

#18 8 years ago

Bump for a good product.

#19 8 years ago

One last Sunday morning bump.

1 week later
#20 8 years ago

Another Sunday bump

#21 8 years ago

I'll post pictures of them on my machine, first chance I get. I was wondering about a couple things though. First off, are protectors available for plastics 16 & 18 (the little blue/green ones in front of the cooling towers)? I know they have a bit of metal underneath but just in the interest of continuing the look. Also, did anyone else have issues with clearance on top of the third pop bumper? My left wireform is compressed against it pretty good and I'm expecting the metal will wear against the plastic over time. Trying to decide whether to take it off or maybe put a cell phone screen protector on top.

I'm still making minor adjustments, installation took me most of a day but I'd never had my upper mini-playfield out before and that took a bit of figuring out - plus I wasn't in much of a hurry. I did find a couple hard-to-reach bulbs that were out and a few other things to tweak as well. Spent the evening swapping coloured LEDs around, playing with the look.

All in all, I have no idea how often these will do any actual protecting but they sure look sweet. They also disperse (diffuse?) light from the GI bulbs and the machine looks brighter as a result.

Jesus, I see how this modding thing takes hold... Blades next, then maybe a ColorDMD. =)

#22 8 years ago

I didn't design/machine protectors for those 2, since they both have steel plates under them.

As for the pop bumper protector, this is the 1st time I've heard of any "problems".

As for light diffusion, the edges of my protectors have a machined edge that give off a faint glow when lit from the under-side. Several people have complimented me about that. The laser cut protectors have a flame-polished type edge that just doesn't look the same.

You really need to get the color DMD for TSPP....it's looks great!

I just bought the DMD OCD board for for my TSPP. Hope to get it installed soon.

#23 8 years ago

The more I look at those two plastics, they'd probably look fucky with the clear sandwiched in there anyway.

I'll fiddle around with washers and such, try to figure out if I have something in the wrong spot. It's tight enough that if I leave the screw on the post upstream a bit loose, balls dropping from the couch get stuck until the next one drops. There's no give, a piece of paper between the plastic and the wireform tears before it pulls out. Mine is a 2003 model, but I wouldn't think there'd be any difference from the later ones.

Oh, and seriously: they are very nice, I'm not complaining whatsoever. No regrets. They look fantastic and finish is even better than what I expected. When I saw the notch on the left sling cover I thought it might be a mistake but when I put the wireform back on and adjusted it I was tickled with the fit. I'm trying even harder for air balls now.

(Homer needed a shot after all the chaos though)

WP_20160121_010_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_010_(resized).jpg

WP_20160121_011_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_011_(resized).jpg

WP_20160118_001_(resized).jpgWP_20160118_001_(resized).jpg

#24 8 years ago

Still shuffling LEDs around but...

WP_20160121_026_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_026_(resized).jpg

WP_20160121_022_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_022_(resized).jpg

WP_20160121_017_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_017_(resized).jpg

WP_20160121_018_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_018_(resized).jpg

WP_20160121_021_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_021_(resized).jpg

WP_20160121_016_(resized).jpgWP_20160121_016_(resized).jpg

#25 8 years ago

Just found a surprise in my mailbox today. Thanks for the TSPP protectors. They look great. Can't wait to find time to install them.

#26 8 years ago

Just installed these day; perfect fit and easy to install. There are 2 protectors that have additional mounting holes for items that are attached to the original plastics; i.e. Itchy & Scratchy. All you had to do was unscrew the items and then re-attach to both the original plastic and protector; the original screws were plenty long enough. (See picture below for the Itchy & Scratchy example.) Very happy with them overall.

DSC_0055_(1)_(resized).jpgDSC_0055_(1)_(resized).jpg

DSC_0056_(1)_(resized).jpgDSC_0056_(1)_(resized).jpg

Itchy and Scratchy re-attached to both the original plastic and protectorItchy and Scratchy re-attached to both the original plastic and protector

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Just installed these day; perfect fit and easy to install. There are 2 protectors that have additional mounting holes for items that are attached to the original plastics; i.e. Itchy & Scratchy. All you had to do was unscrew the items and then re-attach to both the original plastic and protector; the original screws were plenty long enough. (See picture below for the Itchy & Scratchy example.) Very happy with them overall.
DSC_0055_(1)_(resized).jpg
DSC_0056_(1)_(resized).jpg
Itchy and Scratchy re-attached to both the original plastic and protector

Thanks for the praise Mike...I'm glad you like them.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

As for the pop bumper protector, this is the 1st time I've heard of any "problems".

Never mind, I found it. A washer was missing where the wireform attaches to the left sling cover; wasn't a problem until the clearance changed. If you look at the above photos, you'll see Mike's has it and mine didn't.

Now I just need to figure out how to install one of these: https://squareup.com/market/fast-pinball-llc/rgb-dmd-panel-mounting-bracket-kit.

Thanks again!

#29 8 years ago

Glad you were able to fix the interference issue.

I have the colorDMD in my TSPP...best investment ever...it looks great.

#30 8 years ago

Just to add my voice to the chorus - I bought the TSPP plastic protectors from indypinhead and got around to installing most of them last night, and they are fantastic. All pieces were sized exactly right, and the plastics all came with removable plastic sheeting attached to both sides so they all were in perfect condition when they arrived. The only ones I haven't yet installed are the long Itchy and Scratchy one and the KwikE Mart one, but all the others were easily installed, no extra long screws or anything additional needed besides the plastic itself.

These should be standard loadout for any TSPP owner - highly recommended!

3 weeks later
#31 8 years ago

Just installed the set of Protectors ,and man am I happy! Great workmanship indypinhead ! This took me right at an hour to install, and every one was a perfect fit. Nice. These protectors and the Color DMD, are the nicest addition that I have put on this game. Many thanks.

1 week later
#32 8 years ago

Thanks for the praise sgorsuch.

Glad you like them.

#33 8 years ago

Just installed a set. These are machined perfectly. Probably better than some nos plastic sets.

After all the work I put into this machine it would be a real kick in the ass to NOT have these installed.

Thanks!

#34 8 years ago

Thanks for the compliment Dangerzone.

I'm glad you like the protectors.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-pf-plastic-protectors-now-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.