(Topic ID: 50801)

The Simpsons Pinball Party (TSPP) Owners Club..... Members Only!!!

By kwiKimart

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,284 posts
  • 710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 331 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7854 (resized).jpeg
63C0A1C8-924E-4AA5-8A66-A3C65298F62E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.11.55 AM (resized).png
CD446378-C181-45FD-8BB1-987240C63FC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0390 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0391 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0393 Copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240129_174034 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tectonyc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6267 2 years ago

Have a TSPP that hasn't been serviced probably ever. The Itchy and Scratch multiball shoots the ball out into the flipper and bounces exactly back into the Itchy and Scratchy target 9 times out of 10. Is that a usual issue or is the rubber on the flippers just that old/bad?

#6271 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Last chance to reserve a donut shooter rod! Only a couple left, shoot me a PM if you're interested.
[quoted image]

mikespins apparently my account is too new to DM, but could you DM me? I'm interested.

#6275 2 years ago

So my newly adopted HUO TSPP has a pretty dirty playfield. I doubt it's ever been cleaned or serviced or anything. For every 5 cleaning threads I read, I get 8 cleaning suggestions. These don't look like swirls, but just look like dirt? Can I I just naphtha + microfiber it away? The balls are pretty dirty as well (new ones already ordered). Also need to order new rubber everything. Seems like Titan is the go to, but there are about 20 different TSPP kits, so not sure which to pick. I assume I need to do all the above cleaning at once so I don't just keep pushing dirt around to new components.

PXL_20220120_214251737.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220120_214251737.MP (resized).jpg

#6281 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

It's always a bit of a holy war when people discuss cleaning methods. I'm not going to say this is the "must do" way, this is just what I did to clean my TSPP which looked similar:

Thanks for the tips. Making progress. Full set of titans coming Monday. New silverjets came yesterday. NVRAM shipped out this weekend. A few small mechanical things like a buzzing when you hold the right flipper and the Kwik E Mart drop not registering. Likely a color dmd and pinsound in my future as well.

PXL_20220121_232124906 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_232124906 (resized).jpg

#6300 2 years ago

NVRAM swapped! Titans came in...Now for more cleaning before ready to play again. Likely going to wait on the color dmd and pinsound. Maybe I'll pick them up at TPF.

Is Blitz Wax the go to after cleaning everything?

#6308 2 years ago

So my machine says its on 4.0. To upgrade to the latest 5.0, I need to buy the physical chip since it's a white star. Do I only need the "CPU/DISP ROM Set v5.0 from https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/the-simpsons-pinball-party-stern-rom-upgrade-chip-set/?attribute_pa_sternoptions=cpu-disp-set-v5-0

There are a few different ones marked Sound ROM

#6315 2 years ago

What a glow up. All new Titan rubber pieces, cleaned up playfield, etc. All cosmetic work done I think. The old likely original rubber was mostly removed by cracking it with pliers. It was completely hardened and brittle so it flaked right off. Everything is so bouncy now! The Kwik E Mart drop seems to be working again after doing nothing different. Not sure, maybe was just a loose connection somewhere. Homer head was a PITA to remove. Want to print out some new info cards. The stock ones are fugly for home use.

My I&S lock still sometimes ricochets right back into the lock again, so I need to figure out how to adjust that aim I guess. All in all pretty happy with it. Debating LEDs in the future in addition to color dmd and pinsound. Depending on how fancy I wanna get I guess.

PXL_20220130_015300910 (resized).jpgPXL_20220130_015300910 (resized).jpgPXL_20220130_015310898.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220130_015310898.MP (resized).jpg

#6328 2 years ago

What's the difference between the LED and LCD color dmd?

#6340 2 years ago

Do I need to adjust the flipper leaf switches or do I just need to git gud? The left one especially, but both seem basically impossible to post or flick pass. The left one requires you to completely come off the button before it will budge back down at all.

Also does this game not have a setting to tone down the Stern missile launcher trough eject?

PXL_20220205_164040518.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_164040518.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_164056651.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220205_164056651.MP (resized).jpg
#6352 2 years ago

Well I never even thought about changing side art before but WOW the donut art looks incredible.

4 weeks later
#6425 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Would I find here or somewhere else, instructions or lessons learned when removing the upper pf? I have found the knobs that keep the pf attached but want to avoid any “accidents”.

Main things are watch for the bulbs on the back wall, easy to pop one hitting it with the upper play field. Make sure all your harness connections are labeled so you know how to put it all back together. The three thumb screws are the only thing holding it down.

1 week later
#6463 2 years ago

Just did the adjustable pot hum fix mod. Sound is way more manageable now, but I'm still getting a hum. I think I probably need to swap out the fluorescent tube next. Anyone have a link to that mod/instructions?

#6468 2 years ago

Installed my Color DMD last night and...AY CARAMBA is it amazing. Highly highly highly recommend adding this mod to your TSPP.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#6483 2 years ago

My wife is quite short and thus can barely see the far end of the playfield due to the glare. Any recommendations on reducing it? Seems like two options are replacing the fluorescent tube and replacing the glass. Anyone have experience/suggestions on those?

#6491 2 years ago

Put up a 45,767,640 tonight. Was so close to retaking GC since I upped the ROM and lost my GC score a month or two ago. Got the yips on Ball 3 at 6 episodes. The Victory Point shots are super awesome. The extra balls from Moes and super jackpot are not too hard to get and I need to make it more of a focus in future games.

It's fun to re-learn this crazy complex game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6492 2 years ago

Should the monorail switch ALWAYS initiate a call out (whether that be the swooooo noise or Abe or whatever) when you ride it? I'm like 50/50 silence/callout and the door doesn't always reopen so I'm wondering if I need to pop the glass off and fiddle with it.

#6500 2 years ago

If anyone watches Deadflip, Jack Danger just put up ~250M tonight.

#6509 2 years ago

Any idea what to order from Titan or whoever to replace the thick post rubber? The black ones that go around the bases of the one way gates mainly. NOT the o ring on top of them or the usual post sleeves.

#6512 2 years ago

Picked Bart up from TPF. Finally got him installed up top.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#6519 2 years ago

Ay caramba. Got to Alien Invasion for the first time ever last night. Got up to 4 balls. Damn that's a hard mode lol.

#6533 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It's really not that bad. Been close many times, just can't seem to beat mystery spot very often, damn reverse flippers.

Have you tried swapping your hands? That's what Jack did on his streamed 250M game and it worked pretty well for him. Never would have thought of that.

2 months later
#6625 1 year ago

Lamp matrix test. https://imgur.com/a/XRWnCZf

The start and buy in buttons flash as expected despite being disconnected? The Command Decision light stays constant lit. Based on the previous molex photo, it looks like that board got wired into the GI at some point.

3 weeks later
#6653 1 year ago

You'll need v5 if you wanna use a color dmd I think.

#6655 1 year ago

Well apparently the Color DMD website lied to me then lol

6 months later
#6903 1 year ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Does anybody know who sells the black plastic enclosed nut that holds the mini playfield down?
At the moment I am just using a regular nut.

https://www.pinball.co.uk/game-specific-parts/simpsons-pinball-party/thumbscrew-for-mini-playfield-355-5050-00/

Part number from manual

4 weeks later
#6928 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

so, i am in the process of making a trade for a tspp. is there anything specific i should look for before the trade? i have been sent pictures and video of play. we were thinking of meeting half way for the swap or do i just make the drive to try it out because of certain things to look for? thanks for the help!

Biggest (and most expensive) issue is probably check that the ramps aren't cracked. There is the Moe's obvious one, but two hidden ones behind the garage door and behind Comic Book Guy. Make sure the garage door opens/closes easily too.

#6933 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

If you get the game, get a remote battery holder to get those batteries away from the board.

NVRAM is plug and play on this game.

1 week later
#6952 1 year ago

What ROM version does it say when you boot it up?

1 month later
#6999 1 year ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Big thanks to mikespins for the shooter rod! Just came today.

Where did you get the Duff sign for the shooter housing?

1 month later
#7052 10 months ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

I'm having difficulty with the ball not being detected by the VUK, so it can be kicked up to the upper playfield. This is seemingly old news and well-documented in some other threads. When I first got my TSPP, I had this issue, replaced the VUK, and did not have any more problems for several years.
Recently I encountered the issue again, so I tried bending the VUK arm, then ultimately replaced it with a new VUK when the arm bend didn't work for me. However, despite the VUK replacement being new, it's still not detecting the ball. Only the ball search ultimately allows it to get kicked to the upper playfield.
Any ideas on how to get the game to detect a ball that went into the garage beyond replacing the VUK yet again?

When this happened to me, a piece of rubber or plastic had wedged itself under the leaf whatever part of the vuk switch, so the ball would sit on the switch in the vuk, but no contact was made since there was the plastic in between the contacts. Had to dig the plastic piece out and it was back to working perfectly. If the vuk works but its not seeing the ball, its definitely a switch issue IMO. Open switch test and manually test it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tectonyc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only?tu=tectonyc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.